Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
babylon5
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Oct.20 00:45
Re: Anybody home? DP> Yeah, I rebuilt the BBS recently, so no back messages. So the last DP> message traffic was from May 2019. DP> I guess for a show that went off the air over 20 year ago, I guess I can ...
win95
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Oct.20 02:24
Re: SuperAntiSpyware EV> Lately after I turned the XP pc on, when I try to Update SuperAntiSpyware EV> (SAS) the Update fails. EV> Other attempts to Update SAS fails too. Set up a VM with XP to see if it w...
all-politics
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Oct.20 02:17
Re: Workplace Politics AT> DL> schedule all the time. No dealing with jerks & rotating schedules. Whe AT> DL> only bad thing I see is working overnight...I can deal with it & am ex AT> DL> by t...
all-politics
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Oct.20 13:10
Re: Workplace Politics AT> DL> I ended up applying for/getting an overnight position stocking the AT> DL> shelves...which means no dealing with jerks...sorry customers or needi AT> That's excellent. I wor...
amateur_radio
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Oct.20 14:10
Re: 73 DE KE8NCW! JG> > Howdy from KE5NKH. JG> 73's from kf5qeo! 73 from KA0TT in Oregon. --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/09/12 (Windows/32) * Origin: ACME BBS-0118 999 881 999 119 725 3 (1:340/1000) ...
cbm
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 29.Sep.20 18:43
Re: Commodore History Book Recommendation CN> "The Home Computer Wars" by Michael S. Tomczyk. "An insider's account CN> of Commodore and Jack Tramiel". CN> It's downloadable from DLH's Commodore archive: CN&...
all-politics
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 24.Sep.20 00:22
Re: Workplace Politics AT> Why do people go that route? Why do people kiss butt on the job? Or at AT> least, why do people kiss but on low wage jobs? Workplace politics are I've worked in retail the past several ...
funny
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Sep.20 20:11
Re: Revenge On Telemarketers DS> 19. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up. DS> Tried something like this many years ago. Kept repeating over & over...no hablo ingles...Ich spreche kei...
coffee_klatsch
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Aug.20 17:52
Re: Talk Switches And More DS> That's like comedian Bill Engvall noted when he was going to prep for DS> his colonoscopy. He basically says "I don't have that delay switch". :P Remember that...but guess h...
future4fido
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Aug.20 23:27
Re: Social Media Subsitute MM> Since Facebook and Reddit are getting rid of certain confrences due to MM> censorship, maybe we need to come up with a way to encourage those MM> people to consider the bbs so we can...
coffee_klatsch
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Aug.20 23:23
Re: summertime: little clothing AA> DL> Have been known to get myself into trouble when my mouth engages AA> DL> before my shame. ;) I would've asked them if they were a Beatles fan AA> DL> & if they lik...
coffee_klatsch
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Aug.20 17:31
Re: summertime: little clothing AA> I had one such young lady ask me "If I were looking for romance, where AA> would I go?" WOW.. I could have had some fun replying to that one in an AA> unexpected way! But...
coffee_klatsch
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Aug.20 17:22
Re: The Goonies JH> My local theatre is back open & received an email saying all movies are JH> only $5. I jumped on to see what was playing and was surprised by the JH> line up. There's a lot of...
fidotest
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Jul.20 11:52
Re: Daydream BBS Software CS> Wondering if anyone here has ever heard of Daydream BBS (Software) it's CS> an AmigaExpress clone that has a linux version. Believe I may have found what you are looking for: www.bbsdo...
fidotest
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Jul.20 11:24
Re: Daydream BBS Software CS> Wondering if anyone here has ever heard of Daydream BBS (Software) it's CS> an AmigaExpress clone that has a linux version. Here's what I found: http://freshmeat.sourceforge.net/project...
politics
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Jul.20 06:13
Re: CNN Hides Facts MP> > the CBC/BBC/NHK/Al Jezerra<sp>. At least they don't claim to be somethin MP> > they aren't. MP> I have heard of the other three, but what is NHK? NHK is from Japan. P...
os2
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Jul.20 06:10
Re: Arca DOS video issues... RW> -> Using the VB video driver (which Arca has included with the RW> -> build)...had no problem at all in VB. Did the same thing with the RW> -> standard driver & it worked...
os2
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Jul.20 07:30
Re: ARCA SD> You will have to fiddle with the networking on it with your system but I SD> know of at least three people that are using that image successfully. SD> It's stock OS/2 Warp 4.52 with ...
os2
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Jul.20 07:26
Re: Arca DOS video issues... RW> -> Believe I have found a work around which works for me. Had to RW> -> reinstall Arca the other night. Rather than using Panorama or the RW> -> other "high performance&...
os2
From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Jul.20 07:35
Re: ARCA RS> SD> If you need it, I have a working OS/2 Warp 4.52 VM for VirtualBox RS> SD> available that does work. RS> Where did you get it? All the ones I tried to download I could not ...