Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
os2
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Apr.21 13:12
Re: Wondering about OS/2 BBS on a the Cloud? On 14 Apr 2021, Alexander Grotewohl said the following... AG> tbh i think the options are: [...] Thank you very much for all the tips and the company recommendation. I will focus my analysis ...
os2
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 14.Apr.21 13:08
Wondering about OS/2 BBS on a the Cloud? Hi All, Is anyone running os/2 (virtualized I would assume) on dedicated or cloud servers? I am looking forward to try this and wanted to gain from some experience from you... cheers! --...
mystic
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Apr.21 21:38
Re: Use passwords only if needed? On 08 Apr 2021, g00r00 said the following... g0> There is no error that says "Invalid PKT" in the current version. If You are correct. I upgraded right after I made Fidonet work, and...
mystic
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Apr.21 12:37
Re: Use passwords only if needed? g0> If sender's address is unknown: g0> If PKT has password: g0> error "PKT password found but no configuration for 1:1/1" So, if PKT does NOT have password but ...
mystic
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 07.Apr.21 17:24
Re: Use passwords only if needed? On 07 Apr 2021, g00r00 said the following... g0> I think its tough to put in a message like that because Mystic doesn't g0> really know who made the mistake. In your specific case it would b...
linux_bbs
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Apr.21 13:09
Re: Looking for a simple BBS with fidonet connectivity On 01 Feb 2021, Michael Mrak said the following... MM> Hello everybody! Hey Michael! MM> Do you have any tips what I should look at best here? I use mystic on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04)...
linux_bbs
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Apr.21 13:07
Re: Run a BBS on a Linux Server On 27 Jan 2021, Brian Klauss said the following... BK> Re: Re: Run a BBS on a Linux Server BK> By: Benny Pedersen to Phillip Taylor on Sun Nov 15 2020 06:32 pm BK> BK> >...
mystic
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Apr.21 12:58
Re: Use passwords only if needed? On 05 Apr 2021, g00r00 said the following... g0> In the first quote it sounds to me like Mystic is requiring a password g0> for the PKT because you've configured require a password for the P...
mystic
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Apr.21 00:59
Use passwords only if needed? Hi All, So, my hub sends me .PKT without passwords. I made the mistake of configuring the node to use a .PKT password, so of course mutil sees them as Invalid PKT. I was wondering, is there any...
pcboard
From: buanzo (4:900/107)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Apr.21 00:54
Re: PCB in a dosbox and telnet access On 08 Feb 2021, Richard Vonzel said the following... RV> Is anyone running PCBoard in a DOS box and some kind of a fossil for have RV> telnet access to your BBS? What comm program are you us...