Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
amateur_radio
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Nov.20 08:44
SDRPlay usb fault Hi, I cannot get my SDRPlay usb SDR radio to play on computer. It does not get picked up by the machine, in other words it does not "chime" when I plug it into the computer. Alan...
ham_tech
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Nov.20 08:42
SDRPlay Anybody out there have an SDRPlay? Mine has stopped working. It will not be picked up on USB plugin. Alan --- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1) * Origin: WinPoint (1:229/426.36) ...
trek
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Nov.20 09:26
picard Where is everyone getting Picard from. Is it on Prime? Alan --- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1) * Origin: WinPoint (1:229/426.36) ...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Nov.20 15:22
current read August, you would not happen to be in Canada, would you? Alan AA> On 31/10/2020 2:18 a.m., Alan Beck : ALL wrote: AB>> I am currently reading Steven Coonts' The Intruders. ...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 31.Oct.20 10:18
current read Hi, I am currently reading Steven Coonts' The Intruders. I just downloaded the full set of the Intruders series ($28.00 on sale) using my $9.99 monthly Kobo Plus membership. At this price a...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Oct.20 13:44
"othernets" FTN network a 73 DS> Alan, AB>> I am a ham operator too. DS> Greetings from WX4QZ. DS> Daryl DS> ... Black Holes: What you get in black socks. === MultiMail/Win v0.52 DS>...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Oct.20 10:44
"othernets" FTN network a Hi, I am a ham operator too. VY2XU PEI AA>> Familynet is very sparse in content right now. DS> I'm making posts in the ham radio and comedy echoes, but otherwise, DS> ...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Oct.20 17:57
books Thank you. adb JH> On 19 Oct 2020, Alan Beck said the following... AB>> Anyone else have some favorite sci-fi novelists? JH> I haven't been following this thread, so apologi...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Oct.20 10:50
books Andy, Thanks for that. Anyone else have some favorite sci-fi novelists? Of course there are the Stargate Fandimoniom books, but some are pretty "camp". Sort of hokey. Alan ...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Oct.20 10:47
Recent Si-fi writers (hard) So, who are the current in the last 25 years popular Hard Sci-fi writers? I have not been able to read due to a medical condition, I have lost the last 25 years. Now I can read a novel in 3-4...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Oct.20 10:43
books So I tried Larry Bond's "Dangerous Ground" and realized I don't have to keep reading this if I don't want to. Asimov is what I picked up next. "Rendevous with Rama" is the ...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Oct.20 10:40
Books and ereaders AA> Hello Alan! AA> ** On Sunday 04.10.20 - 09:40, Alan Beck wrote to August Abolins: AB>> I pulled the trigger on a Kobo Clara. AB>> The other new ones have problems tha...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Oct.20 11:46
Books and ereaders -=>> Alan Beck wrote to ALL <=- AB>> Is this a good area to be discussing books and ereaders? AB>> The Kobo Libra H20 is the one I am looking at. KW> There's no top...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Oct.20 11:40
Books and ereaders AA> Hello Alan! AA> ** On Monday 28.09.20 - 08:01, Alan Beck wrote to ALL: AB>> Is this a good area to be discussing books and ereaders? AB>> The Kobo Libra H20 is the on...
coffee_klatsch
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Sep.20 10:01
Books and ereaders Hi, Is this a good area to be discussing books and ereaders? The Kobo Libra H20 is the one I am looking at. Quite seriously actually. Cheers, Alan --- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1) * Ori...
fidonews
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Sep.20 22:41
books Anyone know of an echo group that deals with Book Reading? Alan --- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1) * Origin: WinPoint (1:229/426.36) ...
points
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 24.Jul.20 22:33
pkzip I think I need 64 bit versions of pkzip and unzip. I am running windows 10 an a lenovo 64 bit laptop. Anyone know of anyplace? Alan --- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1) * Origin: WinPoint (1:229/4...
points
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Jul.20 10:49
pkzip/unzip AA> Hello Alan! AA> ** On Wednesday 15.07.20 - 12:15, Alan Beck wrote to all: AB>> Any suggestions on how to get pkzip? AA> I'll make my copy of this available: did no...
points
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Jul.20 09:42
pkzip/unzip AA> Hello Alan! Sorry August, I also need pkzip. Alan AA> ** On Wednesday 15.07.20 - 12:15, Alan Beck wrote to all: AB>> Any suggestions on how to get pkzip? AA> I...
points
From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Jul.20 14:15
pkzip/unzip Here I go again. Installing OPenXP on my windows 10 laptop. It stops at the "pkunzip "Puffer" problem. Any suggestions on how to get pkzip? I bought the program but can't fi...