Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
hotdoged
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Mar.21 18:04
Re: Hotdoged problem On 17 Mar 2021, Dieter Schauf said the following... DS> I forgot to copy the error message from my mail. So the error message is: DS> DS> 'Waiting for date categories to be activated. ...
home_n_grdn
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Mar.21 07:48
Re: Spring is coming? On 27 Feb 2021, Mike Powell said the following... MP> Down that way you all really did get some weather you (and the plants) MP> are not used to. Here, my daffs were just starting to break ...
home_n_grdn
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Feb.21 10:46
Re: Spring is coming? On 25 Feb 2021, Denis Mosko said the following... DM> Question located in subj. Yes, it does seem to he so. After freezing weather last week, this past week has been rather warm. I'm now go...
home_n_grdn
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Feb.21 19:46
Re: Winter is coming? On 09 Feb 2021, Mike Powell said the following... MP> > The hawks live in the park about a mile away, it's got a nice nature tra MP> > that's only warning is to watch out for alligator...
trek
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Feb.21 18:12
Re: Discovery On 09 Feb 2021, Phillip Taylor said the following... PT> CP> Is anyone ready for the new season of Discovery? PT> PT> I watched one the episodes and it was interesting. PT> ...
hotdoged
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Feb.21 18:11
Re: hotdoged + telegrap merge ? On 09 Feb 2021, Benny Pedersen said the following... BP> >> Hello All! would it make sense to make a telegrap plugin to hotdoged BP> >> ?, just like it is done with nntp ? BP...
python
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Feb.21 15:35
Error message I'm trying to make an RSS scraper to pull articles from RSS feeds and export them to text files, to be used either in my BBS bulletins or message areas I found a web page that supposedly does exa...
chat
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Feb.21 14:21
Re: Do they actually expect me to believe this? On 04 Feb 2021, Richard Menedetter said the following... RM> CP> Does anyone actually believe that I'd reply to this when it looks lik RM> CP> something my teenage grandaughter would...
chat
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Feb.21 14:14
Re: Do they actually expect me to believe this? On 04 Feb 2021, August Abolins said the following... AA> CP> Not to mention I haven't tried to get a loan for anything in a decade AA> AA> This was via text/sms on your phone? I...
chat
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Feb.21 12:11
Do they actually expect me to believe this? I get an inbound text message today. Hello Charles Pierson, ur Inquire Over XXXXXXXXXX for VehicleLoan Have been Approved. Answer 5 to Finalize If u r Still in the Market for Vehicle? Does any...
home_n_grdn
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 21:03
Re: Winter is coming? On 02 Feb 2021, Mike Powell said the following... MP> > I kind of ignored them, but they're still hanging in there. Undoubtedly MP> > likely need to be transplanted now. It's been mi...
linux-ubuntu
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 16:59
Re: Silly Question On 02 Feb 2021, Phigan said the following... Ph> > Neither od Rick's suggestions fixed the message, so I'm leaving it alon Ph> > It's more of an annoyance than a problem, and nothing...
memories
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 09:57
Re: Language On 02 Feb 2021, JOE MACKEY said the following... JM> > English language was linked to fluency in swearing. In other JM> > words, swearing may actually be a sign of greater intellect, n...
memories
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 09:55
Re: Early 90s Fido On 02 Feb 2021, August Abolins said the following... AA> JM> ...Of course almost everything was text and I always said AA> JM> it didn't really matter the speed since I could rea...
fidonews
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 08:15
Re: Daylight Saving Time BF> CP> but dogs can read a clock I really need to watch for my typos better. BF> programming, I usually lost time completely. BF> BF> But my dog used to come down int...
fidonews
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 07:02
Re: Global warming BF> Lucky you! When Sweden reintroduced DST in the mid 1980s almost BF> everyone objected. Not only was it an unnecessary work going around, BF> setting all clocks and watches twice ...
home_n_grdn
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 31.Jan.21 19:59
Re: Winter is coming? On 31 Jan 2021, Mike Powell said the following... MP> CP> The crazy part is some trays I had seeds in that didn't sprout when m MP> CP> plants growing now did, are sprouting like cra...
coffee_klatsch
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jan.21 20:10
Positivity on Social Media A short while ago I shared a video somewhere in the BBS world featuring my brother, who is a big supporter of Locally Owned Area Businesses in his area As an update on his endeavors, a couple of d...
linux
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Jan.21 00:14
Re: Command line Menu program On 27 Jan 2021, Joe Phigan said the following... JP> There's an app in F-Droid called Script Manager. Probably in Play Store JP> too. Does that look like it would do it? I'm actually doin...
linux
From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Jan.21 18:13
Re: Command line Menu program On 27 Jan 2021, Andre Robitaille said the following... AR> It was almost like a front-end BBS menu. Was in ANSI and you could easily AR> customize the colors, but that was about it. Midnight...