Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
linux_bbs
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Jul.20 12:54
Best Linux Terminal Any recommendations for the best terminal to use for connecting to BBSes via Linux? I've done some searching around and there doesn't seem to be a very large selection. I'm wondering what others a...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Jun.20 16:04
Re: The Long Dark On Saturday June 13, 2020, John Hiemenz said to Ray Sbaitso... JH> It is under development, sort of. Not a lot of 'new' things I've seen, JH> though in the last month I have seen new updat...
amiga
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Jun.20 17:46
AmiWest 2020 For anyone wondering about the status of AmiWest this year, here is the latest from the AmiWest blog: Change has been the "order of the day" since 2020 dawned. And as you can see, our...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 07.Jun.20 16:52
Re: The Long Dark On Sunday May 31, 2020, John Hiemenz said to Ray Sbaitso... JH> That's actually pretty funny. The only bears I've seen are either JH> walking around, chasing /attacking you, or dead. I suppose a ...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 25.May.20 19:56
Re: The Long Dark John, I spotted the update for The Long Dark and when I saw the size of the download I was certain it must be the next chapter. I was so certain that I didn't bother to go read the news item relat...
nhl
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Apr.20 11:35
Re: Reviving the postings in this echo Hi Dan, Great news! I really enjoyed the posts and was sorry to see them stop. If I remember correctly, someone said you had severe storm damage that wiped out your equipment. Is that correct? A...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Apr.20 11:21
Re: The Long Dark I never played Might and Magic. At the time I think was the only person I knew who never did. I haven't thought about those games in years. I picked up The Witcher on CD a few years back and stil...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Apr.20 14:27
Re: The Long Dark Now that you mention it I seem to recall reading that some of the old Infocom games were running as BBS doors. I didn't realize you could save your progress in them though. That's great to know. ...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Apr.20 14:45
Re: The Long Dark Did you happen to play Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Infocom? I am the exact same way and I believe that's where the issue came from with me. There was a point in the game where you got told ...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Mar.20 09:57
Re: The Long Dark I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but that story about the ammo was funny. I've had stuff happen like that and eventually I end up looking at the computer like "You have to be kidding me!?!?". When ...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 22.Mar.20 13:01
Re: The Long Dark I agree that one of the things that is probably holding the game back is the difficulty. I'm not sure how one would go about it, but there does seem to need to be a better balance. I have also mes...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Mar.20 09:30
Re: The Long Dark Hi Lem, I would definiately recommend you give it another look. I've really enjoyed the story. As far as how long they last, I would say it would be too long to do any kind of video on. There ar...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Mar.20 16:47
The Long Dark I just finished up the last episode currently released for The Long Dark and was wondering if anyone else has played it and what they thought of it. I tried it many updates ago and found it to be to...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Jan.20 14:31
Re: Sigil On Tuesday December 24, 2019, Alan Ianson said to Ray Sbaitso... AI> I'm off work on medical leave for a short time, so I've been catching AI> up. :) I used the time off at the holiday to get in s...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Dec.19 14:24
Re: Sigil I haven't played Doom in forever. I need to take a look at it again, but the "To Be Played" list keeps growing and the "Have to Earn a Living" list doesn't seem to shrink much. ;) I've been playi...
cyber-danger
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Nov.19 13:29
Re: Echo check I haven't seen any activity in it, but wanted to let you know that your message is getting out at least. On Monday November 11, 2019, Marc Lewis said to All... ML> Hello All. ML> Checking to ...
amiga
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Mar.19 18:28
Re: Amiga "Fest" I don't believe I spotted that on the agenda. ;) Let me know if you think you'll be attending and I'll pass word along to Aaron. There is no RSVP, but I believe he's trying to keep a rough count fo...
classic_computer
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Mar.19 10:32
Amiga Get-Together I'm not sure if it's ok to cross post the same post in multiple forums, but I did want to let anyone who might be interested know that there is going to be an Amiga based get-together in Oswego NY in ...
amiga
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Mar.19 10:02
AmigaOS4 NorthEast Get-Together The First Annual AmigaOS4 NorthEast Get-Together Oswego NY June 14-16 2019 You're invited to join us for fun and camaraderie. It's Amiga Time! Arrive Friday the 14th Depart Sunday the 16th Saturday ...
doom
From: Ray Sbaitso (1:19/38)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Jan.19 14:52
Re: Favorite Game I'm not familiar with that, I'll have to give it a look. Does it support multiplayer over the net? On Sunday January 13, 2019, Alan Ianson said to Ray Sbaitso... AI> It's time to chew gum or kic...