Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
funny
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Jul.21 09:34
Re: Hollywood Squares Hum -=> George Pope wrote to Daryl Stout <=- GP> Diaper brands. . . GP> Huggies cuz you just want to hug the little babies GP> Pampers cuz you pamper them GP> & then ther...
funny
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Jul.21 09:02
Re: Diary Of A Snow Lover -=> George Pope wrote to Kurt Weiske <=- > It seems the distilled part changes; out in California I've always known a > Greyhound to be vodka and grapefruit juice. GP> Yet you...
irex
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Jul.21 10:24
Re: Internet Rex last coda -=> Utopian Galt wrote to All <=- UG> I had to use wwiv for echomail instead of winserver due to synchronet UG> making internet rex useless. How did that happen? I ran Internet Re...
funny
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Jul.21 10:16
Re: Diary Of A Snow Lover -=> George Pope wrote to Daryl Stout <=- GP> Unsweetened white grapefruit juice was always my goto treat for a GP> drink. If you drink alcohol, you'll appreciate a Salty Dog. Vodk...
fidonews
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Jul.21 10:12
Re: Tipping Customs -=> Ward Dossche wrote to David Drummond <=- WD> In my country I feel no need to tip, people get paid salaries from WD> which they can live. Now, to clarify, some people make resp...
fidonews
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Jul.21 10:12
Re: Tipping Customs -=> Ward Dossche wrote to David Drummond <=- WD> In my country I feel no need to tip, people get paid salaries from WD> which they can live. Now, to clarify, some people make resp...
automotive
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Jul.21 19:37
I want it... A local car lot has a 1985 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel with 180,000 miles. Body is about 90% good, there's one bad ding fixed with touch-up paint and some loose rubber around one corner of the bum...
trek
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Jul.21 09:24
Re: Trek -=> DaveW wrote to All <=- Da> Someone brought up Wesley and hinting that he was annoying. He was Da> an OK character at best. One thing that i thought was just dumb was Da>...
fidonews
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Jul.21 09:08
Re: Tipping Customs -=> David Drummond wrote to Lee Lofaso <=- DD> Makes me wonder why anyone in a country as developed as USA would take DD> up the waiting profession. Now, after the lockdown, they'...
trek
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 14.Jul.21 09:11
Re: Star Trek -=> Chris Krascek wrote to DaveW <=- CK> wanted.. and I'm still trying to figure out why. I think a big portion CK> of that is how new and modern things look... after many years of t...
irex
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Jul.21 09:22
Re: Registering IREX -=> Daryl Stout wrote to Scott Styles <=- DS> That's how I registered mine. I don't recall their URL offhand... DS> or if they're still doing registrations for IREX. I bought the f...
chat
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 12.Jul.21 09:10
Some of my all time favorite authors are ones published by Baen. I?m -=> John Dovey wrote to August Abolins <=- AA> Star Trek novels (of which I am out of since 2018) are also a AA> kind of shootem up military sci-fi ..and those too are AA> distr...
irex
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 07.Jul.21 10:09
Re: Synchronet and IREX -=> Utopian Galt wrote to All <=- UG> is there compatablity with IREX and Synchronet hubs yet? I have a couple of downlinks running IREX, apparently you included. :) I see a nag in...
classic_computer
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Jul.21 12:33
Re: what's classic now? -=> Fabio Bizzi wrote to Richard Falken <=- FB> Moreover there is a world decnet (HECnet) network over tcp/udp that FB> links all the decnet capable computers. :) FB> http://m...
classic_computer
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Jul.21 09:16
Re: what's classic now? -=> Stan Hosdar wrote to Steve C <=- SH> At work, two years ago, a new CNC showed up..... with OS/2 Warp for a SH> HMI.... seriously... no one knows os/2 anymore and I didn't even us...
classic_computer
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Jul.21 09:13
Re: what's classic now? -=> Stan Hosdar wrote to Jeff Thiele <=- SH> what OS did a pdp-11 run? RSTS/E, on the one I got to touch (once). They ran a multitude of OSes as well as UNIX. ... Destroy -nothi...
chat
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Jul.21 09:11
Re: "Bugatti-Cessna lovechild!" FLYING CAR completes 35-min test flight -=> August Abolins wrote to All <=- AA> Comment: I dont see this taking off. I see what you did there. ... Discover your formulas and abandon them --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52 *...
synchronet
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jun.21 09:05
Re: User Stats -=> Gamgee wrote to Plt <=- Ga> Do you actually mean to be saying the "10 Most Recent Callers", or Ga> perhaps the "Last 10 Callers"? Or for some people's boar...
coffee_klatsch
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jun.21 08:57
Re: Moka Pot -=> August Abolins wrote to Kurt Weiske <=- AA> I started using a single serve electric one. I forget the brand (Braun AA> perhaps?) Anyway.. I started getting frustrated with the co...
classic_computer
From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Jun.21 17:17
Re: what's classic now? -=> Jeff Thiele wrote to Kurt Weiske <=- JT> On 27 Jun 2021, Kurt Weiske said the following... KW> Have you seen the 3d-printed PDP faceplate driven by a Raspberry Pi? KW> Looks...