Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
amiga
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Apr.20 18:03
Re: Workbench 1.3 AD> Cool.. You will like it especially since you have all the ROMS and AD> install disks needed to get going.. Be careful with VM's running the AD> emulators they will slow you down. Basically, you ...
amiga
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Apr.20 02:55
Re: Boss Node PT> Synchronet which I am using for my boss node and CNet my point that Rob PT> the author of Synchronet seemed to broke the lha archiver on his last PT> update. Ohh no, it's Phil! |15frank |08// ...
fidosoft.husky
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Apr.20 05:42
Re: Areafix requests DG> When I use that flag "flavour hold", on each node definition, it appears DG> as if everything is to be hold - but I notice areafix messages are not. The node definition is for echomail where the...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Mar.20 10:22
Re: I hope you're all good AK> > I have a backlog of 64s and Plus4s that need some love. A good cleaning, AK> > retrobriting and some new caps should keep me busy for the next few week AK> AK> Please don't retrobrite the Pl...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 22.Mar.20 01:41
Re: I hope you're all good AK> It's a good time now to exercise social distancing, to play on your AK> Commodore computer or using an emulator. I have a backlog of 64s and Plus4s that need some love. A good cleaning, some ret...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Mar.20 22:33
Re: TheC64 in the US? RS> I hope so. I'd love to get another as a gift. I think the whole COVID thing is going to delay that even more :( |15frank |08// |15netsurge |07disksh0p|08!|07bbs |08% |07bbs.diskshop.ca |08% |07m...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Mar.20 12:43
Re: TheC64 in the US? RS> So... nobody? I'm really eager to get one (or two) of these systems! Last I read they are expected to hit NA shores early May. |15frank |08// |15netsurge |07disksh0p|08!|07bbs |08% |07bbs.disksh...
doorgames
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Feb.20 01:54
League 77 Contest We over at SciNet will be having a good old fashion InterBBS contest with 2 $25 Amazon gift cards up for grabs. SciNet InterBBS League 77 has great participation and a very active gamer base. If you ...
fidosoft.husky
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.20 18:18
Re: cfroute AR> FL> It won't compile on 64 bit systems. It is in the README. AR> AR> Thanks. I have not seen it anywhere I would love to have it running as I do some complex routing for my downlinks, but...
fidosoft.husky
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Feb.20 16:05
Re: cfroute AR> Is there anyone who uses cfroute and can tell me why he doesn't AR> compile in t he raspi? It won't compile on 64 bit systems. It is in the README. Linux/i386, FreeBSD/i386, OS/2, Win32, DO...
fidosoft.husky
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Feb.20 20:58
Gating between networks I have been trying to wrap my head around this for the past day and wanted to bounce this across the echo. Is there a way to efficiently gate netmail between two different FTN networks using any of t...
fidosoft.husky
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Feb.20 23:27
Re: RNtrack version 2.0.3 MD> The smapi library v.2.5.1 was stolen from hpt. The previous version was MD> bad when working with JAM and Squish messages bases. Hopefully working MD> with these types of message bases will be b...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 18.Dec.19 22:34
Re: C= WiFi Modems K-> I figured that was the case, but was hoping I could slip something into K-> the packets that would traverse FTN and then get picked up by the either K-> the newsgroup or gate software that would...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Dec.19 15:55
Re: C= WiFi Modems RS> Synchronet's NewsLink module seems to handle these situations just fine. I stand corrected. I was referring to the older standalone gate software like soupgate and gigo. |15frank |08// |15netsur...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Dec.19 15:55
Re: C= WiFi Modems K-> I am the developer for C-Net Amiga BBS and that is what Gary is posting K-> from. As part of the C-Net software there is a tosser for FTN. Perhaps, K-> I can format something in the FTN packet ...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Dec.19 01:10
Re: C= WiFi Modems GM> Hmmm... For myself, I thought this was the FidoNet CBM Echo. I GM> did not know they were linked together. It is both. Paul Haydon gates the two. |15frank |08// |15netsurge |07disksh0p...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Dec.19 01:09
Re: C= WiFi Modems Bu> Actually, he is posting his messages on FidoNet, someone is crossposting Bu> the messages from the Commodore Echo on FidoNet to the Usenet I have yet to cross any gate software that will allow u...
cbm
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Dec.19 22:14
SX-64 Whine I recently picked up a Commodore SX-64 and am completely in love with it. The unit is in amazing condition and the previous owned cared for it with lots of TLC. I do have one issue that I am hoping ...
fidosoft.husky
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Dec.19 22:49
Re: HPT (Win7) Netmail Processing DR> I'm just not sure where I should be looking to try to figure this one DR> out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know what is causing your issue. You are running Windows, that's what it i...
othernets
From: Frank Linhares (1:229/101)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Oct.19 23:51
Re: DEBUG GR> @TZUTC: -0400 GR> @MSGID: 3.fidonet_othernet@1:275/301 220c8c4e GR> @REPLY: 1.fidonet_othernet@1:275/301 220c5fc3 GR> @PID: Synchronet 3.17c-Win32 Oct 8 2019 MSC 1922 GR> @TID: SBBSecho 3.10...