Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Sep.20 20:28
Re: low power consumption pc' On 07 Sep 2020, Dumas Walker said the following... DW> > I want a PC like a mac mini to run my bbs so i can turn off the pc i run DW> > bbs on during the summer power emergencies in...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Aug.20 11:21
Re: qwk networking for JA >> I tried the winserver.org and the robertwolfe domain...and both >> bounced. This last one seemed to work, though. > >Is Dixienet still alive? I have not seen anything but my...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 29.Aug.20 11:46
Re: qwk networking for J > KW> Airplane is featured on Netflix this month. > > Looks like I picked the wrong week to read the echo. <G> LOL! --- ViaMAIL!/SL v2.00 * Origin: Omicron Theta/SL * Sout...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 29.Aug.20 11:42
Re: qwk networking for JA > I tried the winserver.org and the robertwolfe domain...and both >bounced. This last one seemed to work, though. winserver.org does have its moments when it doesnt want to receive email. ...
prism
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Aug.20 11:33
Re: Weather... argh... >> Yeah, Laura is supposed to be moving through our area for the next couple >> days. > >Understand... I hope all goes well for you folks. We're in the clear right >now so t...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Aug.20 21:17
Re: qwk networking for J > RW> So, you are saying it was cheesy software? :P >It was the.... wurst? Kinda like German WiFi, right? :) --- ViaMAIL!/SL v2.00 * Origin: Omicron Theta/SL * Southaven MS * slbbs.w...
prism
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Aug.20 17:46
Re: Weather... argh... >We are under a tornado watch until sometime this evening. > >Nasty weird color sky... If we lose power today, you know why.. :( > >Hoping it self-destructs... Yeah, Laura is sup...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Aug.20 17:45
Re: qwk networking for J >Airplane is featured on Netflix this month. ok, will have to check it out! Thanks for the heads up :) --- ViaMAIL!/SL v2.00 * Origin: Omicron Theta/SL * Southaven MS * winserver.org:2332 ...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Aug.20 17:44
Re: qwk networking for J >Proboard was the first BBS software I ever ran, since all the popular BBSes >my area also ran it. > >I guess it was really popular in Europe, and a small section of Wisconsin. : So...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Aug.20 17:44
Re: qwk networking for JAM bases > RW> It's not updated or supported anymore, but if you know where to look, > RW> you can get the key for version 5.1 that allows it to have an > RW> unlimited numbers of users/ &...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 27.Aug.20 17:43
Re: qwk networking for J >RW> So on and so forth :) > >I just want to tell you both, good luck. We're all counting on you. LOL! --- ViaMAIL!/SL v2.00 * Origin: Omicron Theta/SL * Southaven MS * winserver...
othernets
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Aug.20 12:41
Re: ILink Info >There are many echomail networks and each has its own unique flavor. >ILink gives a unique character by the belief in hosted conferences. >ILink conferences are actively hosted and suitabl...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Aug.20 12:29
Re: qwk networking for JA > Also, I tried to email you, with the note that because of the remnants >of Hurricane Laura in my area from late Wednesday into Friday, and then >a cold front with thunderstorms into next...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Aug.20 12:28
Re: qwk networking for J >> PB is currently open source and is being maintained by Slasher of Slasher >> BBS along with a few other folks. > >Someone was working on an open-source clone of it that they we...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Aug.20 12:26
Re: qwk networking for J > * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426) "We have clearance, Clarence." "You can tell me, I'm a doctor." "Chump don't want da help, chump don...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Aug.20 18:18
Re: qwk networking for J >SD> Didn't Telegrafix buy the SL source code along with ProBoard's source >code? >SD> know PB is now open source ... should ask about SL. > >I thought someone at one time tri...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Aug.20 11:47
Re: qwk networking for J >Pat Clawson bought both TeleGrafix/RIP and then (later) SearchLight/Spinaker >And yeah, looks like ProBoard too: >http://www.thebbs.org/proboard/plspeaks.htm PB is currently open source...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Aug.20 11:45
Re: qwk networking for JAM bases > RW> Why not give SearchLight a try with the Valence QWK mail door, which > RW> allows for both QWK hubbing as well as for tossing and scanning > RW> net-status QWK hubs :) > ...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Aug.20 23:03
Re: Terminate and Error 200 >I was playing around with a FreeDOS VM, and downloaded Terminate 5.00 to use >on it. > >When I try to run INSTALL.EXE, I get the classic Error 200 from Pascal. > >Tried to use ...
bbs_carnival
From: Robert Wolfe (1:261/20)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Aug.20 23:01
Re: qwk networking for JAM bases >QWK networking depends on having a QWK system either built into the BBS or >added on via a door perhaps, it doesn't really matter what type of message >base you use. > >In my exper...