Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
pascal
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Apr.21 06:35
Pascal Hello T! 10 Apr 21 20:52, you wrote to All: TM>> string -- This_is_it. TM> Nevermind ... figured it out. Took some time ;-) Karel --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707 * Origin:...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Mar.21 08:46
Linux Vil Mol Modem using VoIP? Hello Brian! 15 Mar 21 13:18, you wrote to Anna Christina Nass: BK> I laugh at this whenever I hear that faxes are more secure. Too many BK> times I've seen faxes, labeled SECURE, sitt...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Mar.21 08:46
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Kai! 15 Mar 21 19:05, you wrote to me: KR> The converter will take analog wires and transfer to VoIP. FXS or FXO, KR> sorry, i'm not used to the professional wordings and mix them...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Mar.21 17:01
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Kai! 15 Mar 21 08:19, you wrote to me: KR> b) Ask a node with POTS and IP to establish a direct route between KR> those people and you and use that node as a gateway. This I am...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 15.Mar.21 07:55
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Alexey! 14 Mar 21 12:34, you wrote to me: AV> 100 EUR is the money I'd rather pay for 2 years of 500 Mbit/s internet AV> connection, instead of some ephemeral "license" ...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 14.Mar.21 07:10
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Nick! 13 Mar 21 09:44, you wrote to Kai Richter: NA> The original question was if technically it can be done, if so then NA> how; not to debate the reason why. "You do not ne...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Mar.21 08:19
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Alexey! 11 Mar 21 16:04, you wrote to me: AV> No. There's no place for POTS links in 21st century... [continued AV> above]. Where is the demand, there should be some solution. ...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Mar.21 14:04
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Alexey! 11 Mar 21 12:39, you wrote to me: AV> No. There's no place for POTS links in 21st century, even if they are AV> still possible (sure for V.42*, most likely for V.32*, don'...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Mar.21 09:30
Linux Virtual Modem using VoIP? Hello Alexey! 11 Mar 21 08:46, you wrote to Nick Young: AV> Yes. ;-) Could you please write more details? I played with that 2-3 years ago and it was not easy that time. There were ...
golded
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Mar.21 14:07
JAM msg base Hello Kai! 09 Mar 21 22:55, you wrote to me: KR> Lost in translation, sorry. Golded can create an area - and a tosser KR> can create an area. My idea was to test both ways for new areas...
golded
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Mar.21 18:44
JAM msg base Hello Oli! 09 Mar 21 13:57, you wrote to me: Ol> I don't have any problem with Crashmail 1.7 on Linux (32-bit ARM). Ol> Works perfectly fine with GoldEd and JamNNTPd. OK, there is 64...
golded
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Mar.21 13:36
JAM msg base Hello Paul! 08 Mar 21 17:17, you wrote to me: PQ> You might try a slightly older GoldEd version? E.g. I use a 1.1.4.7 PQ> version somewhere. It might be on this point... checking... y...
golded
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Mar.21 13:36
JAM msg base Hello Kai! 09 Mar 21 08:11, you wrote to me: KR> What about new created jam areas? Same problem? KR> Difference between new CM2 jam and new golded jam areas? Same problem. I had no t...
golded
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Mar.21 08:15
JAM msg base Hello All! I am experiencing some challenge there, most probably is not the issue of Golded, but - who knows. Tested Golded 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 Tosser I have CrashMail II. If I use version 0...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Feb.21 07:40
Linux and Fido Hello Phillip! 05 Feb 21 23:07, you wrote to Tony Langdon: TL>> And then you also get the choice of offline mail, if you want. :) Speaking about low cost: Just to complete info. Hos...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Jan.21 17:00
*nix Licenses Hello Wilfred! 10 Jan 21 12:27, you wrote to bebyx: WV> Hi bebyx, be>> No one cares except for you. WV> I care! #metoo Karel --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707 * Origi...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 03.Jan.21 10:32
Great! Hello Alan! 02 Jan 21 20:47, you wrote to Aaron Thomas: AI> Debian stable is very stable. The software in there got plenty of AI> testing before release but it can be old (by some stand...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Dec.20 20:48
systemd Hello Vincent! 22 Dec 20 16:17, you wrote to me: VC> I do not like using journalctl to read such logs so I allow a command VC> to run to use the older method and that way I can just loo...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Dec.20 12:26
systemd Hello Vincent! 20 Dec 20 14:05, you wrote to me: VC> Look at logrotate which is the normal product to control journal files VC> in /var/log The issue is that in default journalctl is...
linux
From: Karel Kral (2:423/39)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Dec.20 10:25
systemd Hello Kai! 07 Dec 20 20:52, you wrote to me: KR> Yes. Stop wasteing our time and let's do something useful. KR> For example teach me if it's wasteing or wasting? I do write looking ...