Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
ftsc_public
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Feb.21 10:55
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040) BrF>> If you can find a search result linking to my server, I'd be very BrF>> interested to know. AV> Looking at your server's logs could be a wise idea. Looking for what? ...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.21 21:03
Google translate AA> That does not work as well as it used to. Did you expect to get all the graphics too? Why don't you try it the way I recommended? .. --- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.21 16:33
Google translate AA> But since about 2 years now, the feature seems to AA> be broken or less successful. So, that wasn't Google translate then -- as the subject was all about? As I said, it's now all b...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.21 15:58
Google translate AA> Is the right-click (anywhere?) only with Chrome? Since it's Google who provides the service, all I know is that it works with Chrome. I have no idea if anyone else has signed up for the...
ftsc_public
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.21 12:39
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040) AV> Guess where does it get the messages... BF>> * Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2) AV> Just a hint. I seriously doubt that it gets the messages from my news server. If yo...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.21 12:03
Google translate Google translate has come a long way since the early days, when it was totally laughable. In case you didn't know it, it's maintained by the users. And boy, have we managed to help it become...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 20.Feb.21 11:45
Human Consciousness LL>> 1st place - $500,000 LL>> 2nd place - $300,000 LL>> 3rd place - $150,000 LL>> www.bigelowinstitute.org MvdV> Sorry, not interested. You might have add...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Feb.21 00:26
FidoNews 38:07 [02/08]: General Articles ml> exactly why i told you what netmgr is, DUUUH! What made you think I wanted to know that? .. --- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125 * O...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Feb.21 23:32
FidoNews 38:07 [02/08]: General Articles ml> i don't know what NetMailManager is... adding the functionality to ml> Gerard van Essen's netmgr tool was quite easy, though... Well, obviously NetMailManager != netmgr. DUH. A...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Feb.21 18:07
FidoNews 38:07 [02/08]: General Articles ml> i remember implementing it in my netmgr configs quite a while back... I never added it to *my* NetMailManager: http://eljaco.se/FILES/DEV/NMMGR.ZIP Probably since it was develope...
jamnntpd
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 14.Feb.21 02:05
JamNNTPd bug TK> There! TK> [18:11:52] NNTP> GROUP FIDONEWS_1 TK> [18:11:52] NNTP< 211 16000 0 15999 FIDONEWS_1 Group selected Thanks a million! Now, if only I had a tool to correc...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 16:20
Who are you? DC> can anyone see the "via" lines of his messages and know what hub is DC> being exploited? As Wilfred already has explained, there is no Via lines in echomail, but we do ha...
ftsc_public
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 16:20
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040) DC> Perhaps he's afraid for anyone to know his real name? Wouldn't be DC> unusual for a troll such as him to want to hide in the shadows. Well, true enough. But to his defence I'd like ...
ftsc_public
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 14:14
"Packet Type 2 Compatible Formats" (Ex FSP-1040) O> I think I found one omission: The value from "month" in the Type 2(+) O> packet header is "0-11 for Jan-Dec" (in contrast to 1-31 for "day" of O> month). ...
jamnntpd
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 12:45
JamNNTPd bug Not related to the post I'm now replying to, so don't try to comment link this one. 8-). Tommi, I've noticed that recently, every time you check in to my server, the server breaks dow...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 12:43
Who are you? MvdV> So, who are you? Indeed. I'm sorry, but I forgot the Q-code for this question, maybe you can remind me? My immediate thought QRU didn't compile. 8-) Can it be that he's a node i...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 03:20
Best President Ever BK> Maybe this is how Conservatives get their news, but the facts are right BK> underneath it. The sad fact is, that those approval ratings never have a 0-100% span. Approximately 50% ...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 03.Feb.21 12:51
Brexit -- hindsight 2020 Now that we for the first time in human history can have a true hindsight vision of 20 20, I was reminded of what it was like when I was called to make service on ships unfortunately stranded in e...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 13:49
Daylight Saving Time CP> but dogs can read a clock It's a bummer that we can't teach our animals to read the clock. Before I retired, I used most of my working time programming. When I was programming, I usua...
fidonews
From: Bjrn Felten (2:203/2)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 12:36
Global warming BF>> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 06:27:40 GMT BF>> Displays perfectly here as 07:27 (I too has local time UTC+1). DD> My local time is UTC+10 So we can conclude that yo...