Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 24.Nov.20 19:21
Echo Tag Length Hello Paul! 24 Nov 20, Paul Hayton wrote to Michael Dukelsky: PH> Could a provision be made to optionally extend this length further if PH> someone using HPT wanted to run longer tag le...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 24.Nov.20 19:21
Echo Tag Length Hello Michael! 24 Nov 20, Michael Dukelsky wrote to Paul Hayton: MD> I don't think this is a good idea, because if some sysops increase the MD> maximum areatag length for some echo whil...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Nov.20 17:02
Via Line Hello Rick! 08 Nov 20, Rick Smith wrote to All: RS> Looks like my via line is still wrong in netmail... So no matter what RS> aka I use to send netmail it puts my fido addy in the via l...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Nov.20 08:08
htick and robots Hello Deon! 05 Nov 20, Deon George wrote to Michael Dukelsky: DG> My work around at the moment is via perl, I copy messages to filefix DG> back into the robots area, so they get process...
golded
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Nov.20 18:28
bold italic underline - how? Hello Paul! 04 Nov 20, Paul Quinn wrote to Kai Richter: PQ>>> Further steps will probably require a further integration of PQ>>> Fidonet into the collection of internets. ...
golded
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Nov.20 09:31
bold italic underline - how? Hello Paul! 03 Nov 20, Paul Quinn wrote to Rob Swindell: PQ> Further steps will probably require a further integration of Fidonet PQ> into the collection of internets. ?? What steps?...
golded
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 03.Nov.20 12:20
bold italic underline - how? Hello Rob! 02 Nov 20, Rob Swindell wrote to Paul Quinn: RS> Okay, no problem. I think it's a cool feature and it'd nice if more RS> BBS packages and offline readers supported a compatib...
golded
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 22.Oct.20 14:59
bold italic underline - how? Hello August! 21 Oct 20, August Abolins wrote to Kai Richter: KR>> What kind of setup is that? Do you have a shell login and use KR>> golded on a remote machine? AA> Veleno...
golded
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Oct.20 13:38
bold italic underline - how? Hello Martin! 18 Oct 20, Martin Foster wrote to August Abolins: AA>>>> Is the change required in the username.CFG file? MF>>> Yes it is but only Thomas can do that. M...
linux
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 07.Oct.20 00:51
Slackware 15.0 Hello Benny! 06 Oct 20, Benny Pedersen wrote to Kai Richter: KR>> HTML will need multiple bytes to define a symbol. BP> same as unicode when its 8 bit charters You got the point...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Oct.20 11:51
hpt config Hello Michael! 05 Oct 20, Michael Pierce wrote to Kai Richter: MP> mystic A47 now has an export areas.bbs function.. but no import MP> function as of yet? If you say so i would say y...
linux
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Oct.20 17:39
Slackware 15.0 Hello Benny! 04 Oct 20, Benny Pedersen wrote to Rob Swindell: BP> its to late to change it now, and this is why we see so many solotions BP> on the same problem that does not exists in ...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Oct.20 17:38
hpt config Hello Michael! 04 Oct 20, Michael Pierce wrote to All: MP> I was wondering, is there anyway to import and areas.bbs file?? There are tools in the source to convert a fidoconf to areas.bbs...
golded
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Sep.20 20:55
Couple of questions Hello Rick! 28 Sep 20, Rick Smith wrote to All: RS> I had to reset my config and in my golded error log it complains about RS> not seeing gdengus or something so when I put a path to it...
linux
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Sep.20 16:34
Slackware 15.0 Hello Alexey! 17 Sep 20, Alexey Vissarionov wrote to Kai Richter: NA>>>> Is Slackware the one that doesn't have systemd? DC>>> That is correct, it is one of the few. KR...
linux
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Sep.20 13:28
Slackware 15.0 Hello Andrew! 16 Sep 20, Andrew Leary wrote to Kai Richter: NA>>>> Is Slackware the one that doesn't have systemd? DC>>> That is correct, it is one of the few. KR&g...
linux
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Sep.20 03:32
Slackware 15.0 Hello Dan! 14 Sep 20, Dan Clough wrote to Nick Andre: NA>> Is Slackware the one that doesn't have systemd? DC> That is correct, it is one of the few. No, it's not, it does have ...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jul.20 15:17
msg XXX replies count for msg... Hello Ruslan! 30 Jul 20, Ruslan Suleimanov wrote to Kai Richter: KR>> If you would like to have clear log files this may help: KR> sed -e /" replying is not possible"/D h...
fidosoft.husky
From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jul.20 12:45