Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Apr.21 14:50
shiney new Hello Maurice! 16 Apr 21 08:47, Maurice Kinal wrote to Gerrit Kuehn: GK>> Just start an application that runs into a memory leak... MK> Offhand I am unsure what my motivation wou...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Apr.21 10:44
shiney new Hello Maurice! 15 Apr 21 22:40, Maurice Kinal wrote to Wilfred van Velzen: WvV>> On a busy server a little bit of swap can be usefull, so the WvV>> kernel doesn't start killing ...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Jan.21 00:35
getcha motor runnin' Hello Benny! 16 Jan 21 21:26, Benny Pedersen wrote to Maurice Kinal: BP> pkg install binkd BP> i still have dreams :) --- ~ # pkg install -nf binkd Updating FreeBSD repository ...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Jan.21 12:41
*nix Licenses Hello *! 10 Jan 21 12:30, bebyx wrote to Richard Menedetter: b> No one cared when I started messaging here. Until Kai decided to b> flame. The main rules for FidoNet: * Thou sh...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Jan.21 11:37
Re: *nix Licenses Hello paul! 08 Jan 21 20:50, paul lee wrote to Kai Richter: pl> Alternatively, I can just give customers the hardware and make them pl> 'get' their own software... thru a download on t...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 06.Jan.21 12:50
*nix Licenses Hello Richard! 06 Jan 21 09:55, Richard Menedetter wrote to paul lee: pl>> I want to SELL a product. pl>> One section of this product needs a *nix OS. Can I use any ole Linux pl...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Jan.21 12:32
MS Visual C++ Hello Aaron! 04 Jan 21 17:50, Aaron Thomas wrote to All: AT> I'm not much of a C++ programmer or anything, I just want this AT> because it's a AT> prerequisite for DOSBox. Th...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Jan.21 12:06
Re: Great! Hello Aaron! 03 Jan 21 18:58, Aaron Thomas wrote to Gerrit Kuehn: GK>> Debian comes in three flavours: stale, rusting and broken. These are AT> Stale has always been my style! Inst...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 04.Jan.21 11:55
Re: Great! Hello Richard! 03 Jan 21 18:28, Richard Falken wrote to Gerrit Kuehn: RF> I am aware of Sabayon and Funtoo, but Mocaccino was under my radar. It's quite new and not yet production-ready...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 03.Jan.21 22:13
Re: Great! Hello Richard! 03 Jan 21 13:00, Richard Falken wrote to Dan Clough: RF> but I am RF> not a fan of Debian and derivatives. Gentoo is just too time RF> consuming to set RF> up....
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 03.Jan.21 11:25
Re: Great! Hello Aaron! 03 Jan 21 00:35, Aaron Thomas wrote to bebyx: AT> I've heard that Debian is more "stable" than Ubuntu, but what is AT> meant by that? A long time ago (just in...
fidonews
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 21.Dec.20 12:44
New BBS Documentary Hello Paul! 20 Dec 20 10:05, Paul Hayton wrote to All: PH> The link to it is https://youtu.be/n0OwGSX2IiQ Great work, thanks for sharing! Regards, Gerrit ... 12:00PM up 61 day...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Dec.20 20:40
Re: systemd Hello Tony! 11 Dec 20 18:36, Tony Langdon wrote to Gerrit Kuehn: GK>> Don't compare recent ALSA with OSS from 10+ years ago. Ever used GK>> OSS4? TL> No, what features d...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Dec.20 10:38
Tar backup script Hello Rick! 09 Dec 20 22:26, Rick Smith wrote to All: RS> The second tar line that is commented out is the nfs drive I would RS> also like the backup to go to, is there a way I guess t...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Dec.20 21:47
Re: systemd Hello Tony! 09 Dec 20 19:43, Tony Langdon wrote to Gerrit Kuehn: GK>> Tell me about it. OSS always worked fine for me. So did JACK. TL> OSS worked, but limited in some ways. ALS...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Dec.20 14:16
Re: systemd Hello Dennis! 08 Dec 20 21:54, Dennis Katsonis wrote to Gerrit Kuehn: DK> Systemd isn't that bad. It's much better than Lennart's pulseaudio, DK> now THAT sucks. Tell me about it...
linux
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 08.Dec.20 08:04
Re: systemd Hello Nigel! 07 Dec 20 10:59, Nigel Reed wrote to Karel Kral: NR> There's nothing wrong with that "systemd crap". The only problem is NR> people who don't take time to unders...
fidonews
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Nov.20 12:04
Sir Sean Connery RIP Hello Oli! 01 Nov 20 09:40, Oli wrote to Ward Dossche: LL>>> James Bond is dead. Agent 007 will be missed. May he RIP. WD>> Nobody reads the newspaper ... nobody watches TV ....
fidonews
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 29.Oct.20 18:06
Gone Fishing Hello Lee! 25 Oct 20 04:41, Lee Lofaso wrote to All: LL> I saw this fellow give a performance in Baton Rouge some years ago. I saw him over here in Germany in... 1997, I think. Regar...
fidosoft.husky
From: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12)
To: n/a
Date: 24.Oct.20 15:22
msged development * Originally by: Gerrit Kuehn (2:240/12), 24 Oct 20 12:27. Hello *! 24 Oct 20 12:27, Gerrit Kuehn wrote to *: GK> Does anyone know where I would get the latest source these days? The G...