Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
windows
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 25.Nov.21 15:00
Windows XP or earlier era MAC address ha All: I'm looking for tools to change mac address on a Windows XP era network card. THey can be DOS, or Windows based, intent is to use it on a PCI bus card if at all possible. Did such a thing ...
pcboard
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Sep.21 20:38
Re: PCB in a dosbox and telnet access PL> Danger Bay @ PL> dangerbaybbs.dyndns.org:1337 thanks! --- Renegade vY2Ka2 * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426) ...
pcboard
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Sep.21 20:35
Re: PCB in a dosbox and telnet access RF> at pbmystic.rdfig.net:1023 down currently --- Renegade vY2Ka2 * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426) ...
pcboard
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Aug.21 21:18
Re: PCB in a dosbox and telnet access RM> There are a few listed here. https://www.telnetbbsguide.com/connection/dial none running PC board though... not that i can see --- Renegade vY2Ka2 * Origin: Joey, do you like movies ab...
pcboard
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 09.Aug.21 11:47
Re: PCB in a dosbox and telnet access RF> I run PCBoard on a windows 10 machine using Net2bbs to make the telnet RF> connection and passing that connection to PCBoard. You can see for yoursel RF> at pbmystic.rdfig.net:1023 ...
os2
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Jul.21 21:32
Re: os/2 in the 2020's... DJ> Sweet. If it ain't broke . . . :-) DJ> DJ> I was one of those people in the 90's that *wanted* to use OS/2 but DJ> could not afford the hardware to run it properly. So, instead I ...
classic_computer
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jun.21 21:03
Re: what's classic now? SC> I think what is *classic* depends on when/what the individual cut their tee SC> on. For me anything <= 486 is classic (although that's edging up to the fi SC> gen Pentiums these day...
classic_computer
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jun.21 20:59
Re: what's classic now? KW> Works for me - congrats on the Thinkpad find, I love those old laptops. People at work just give me old stuff....... which I don't mind while this may delve into the classic era once I fo...
classic_computer
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 30.Jun.21 20:57
Re: what's classic now? JT> I don't feel comfortable commenting on that. Understood :) JT> need an OS, such as RSX-11 what OS did a pdp-11 run? in particular what OS did cpm (and dos, etc) emulate with it's ....
classic_computer
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 26.Jun.21 18:45
what's classic now? so it's 2021.. i dug up a IBM 365ED laptop, a modem, dialing up into this bulletin board that I discovered is a FIDONET hub.. and here I am while I think this is better in the DOS/WIN95 subs, b...
os2
From: Stan Hosdar (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Jun.21 21:25
os/2 in the 2020's... so folks.... I work for a large automotive company.. who buys lots of old machines.... one comes in, from Switzerland, with an OS/2 warp based HMI so, for the first time since I began using ...