Fidonet Portal

Fidonet Echomail
Subject
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Mar.21 23:52
Tea time Hi, Denis! Recently you wrote in a message to Alan Ianson: AI> Marshmallows are a confection made with (mostly) sugar, AI> water and gelatin. AI> They make a nice treat but I wo...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 01.Mar.21 23:30
New Year's Day. Hi, Brian! Recently you wrote in a message to Alexander Koryagin: BK> First, colleagues not colleges. Thank you. Many hands make light work.... :-) BK> At my for...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 28.Feb.21 23:36
New Year's Day. Hi, Alexander! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: AH> I applaud your courage too, because generating language AH> requires a much higher order of skill than understanding...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Feb.21 00:14
A programmer joke Hi, Anton! Recently you wrote in a message to All: AS> Can you please review my translation into English AS> of the following little joke: With pleasure. I enjoyed this j...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 13.Feb.21 20:26
New Year's Day. Hi & welcome, Brian! Recently you wrote in a message to Alexander Koryagin: BK> One of my first trips to Germany cost me a month of my BK> life. It actually wasn't half bad. When I ...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 11.Feb.21 23:56
New Year's Day. Hi, Alexander! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: AH> Different people have different preferred learning AH> styles... and if Denis's instruction in English thus AH>...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 10.Feb.21 00:40
New Year's Day. Hi, Anton! Recently you wrote in a message to Mike Powell: AS> Not quite, on account of grin's negative connotations. AS> Consider, if you will, Son Houses's great song "Grinnin' AS...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 02.Feb.21 23:15
New Year's Day. Hi, Mike! Recently you wrote in a message to Anton Shepelev: DM> What is grin ? because I learn English from echo, DM> Friend. MP> It means a "smile." AS> No...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 23.Jan.21 19:46
word Hi, Alexander! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: AH> The other day I unintentionally omitted a proposition. AH> Even English teachers make misteaks. What matters AFAIC A...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 22.Jan.21 01:03
#.,9 Hi, Bob! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: BR> Maybe Denis needs to practice his introductory BR> statements. :-) Yes, from my POV it would be helpful if he...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 19.Jan.21 00:36
New Year's Day. Hi, Mike! Recently you wrote in a message to ARDITH HINTON: AH> I think he's trying to learn English by copying patterns AH> & trying out variations on them. This can be a useful AH...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Jan.21 21:00
The Professor and the Madman Hi, Bob! Recently you wrote in a message to All: BR> Posting here in English Tutor because this is BR> the best place I can think to discuss English BR> language matters of interest....
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 07.Jan.21 22:12
NANYANG MBA Hi, Denis! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: DM> What do You means abot this tution fees? I see nothing about tuition fees in the material you quoted.... :-) ...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 05.Jan.21 00:52
I did done a bit of fussing about Christmas dinner, with Andrew nixing Hi, Denis! Recently you wrote in a message to All: DM> I did thaw a prime steak The original version said ML> We'd done a bit of fussing [...] so it was agreed ML> we'...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 29.Dec.20 18:50
For two pins Hi, Alexander! Recently you wrote in a message to All: AK> -----Beginning of the citation----- AK> Barnes arrived just after midnight, and he was a very AK> different sight from our ...
survivor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 24.Dec.20 00:34
Greetings... . . ?????˿?????˿?????˿?????? ?????˿??ͻ ˿?????˿ . ? . ?????˿?????˿?????˿?????˿ܲ????߲...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 22.Dec.20 00:52
New Year's Day. Hi, Mike! Recently you wrote in a message to Denis Mosko: MP> [...] boiled collard greens and black eyed peas, MP> with a side of cornbread. MP> I believe that is the same traditio...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 22.Dec.20 00:40
#.,9 Hi, Bob! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: AH> Although I realize you are practising English by rewording AH> stuff you have read elsewhere, I had to write down your AH&g...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 17.Dec.20 23:55
#.,9 Hi, Denis! Recently you wrote in a message to All: DM> As both a lender and then a Realtor with a combined Subj DM> years experience I heartily disagree with that sentiment. ...
english_tutor
From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: n/a
Date: 16.Dec.20 23:21
word Hi, Alexander! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton: AK> So we see why the cavaliers could not afford AK> the right road traffic. If the queen got off AK> the horse/c...