Fidonet Portal

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.02.21 23:02
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> PT> That is why I switched to using SSH. Some of the issues that only happen

-> PT> I am using Syncterm is it will loose the mouse pointer and the login mac

-> PT> stop working. The only to fix it the issue is to restart Syncterm.
-> PT> --- CNet/5

-> Why is EVERYONE so afraid of things? Who the hell is gonna spy on a telnet

-> connection? Better yet, WHAT are you doing on a BBS that you are worried y

-> are being spied on? Telnet is fine.

-> --- Renegade vY2Ka2
-> * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

I think everyone is shit crazy about security these days. To me, SSH
takes away the fun of accessing a BBS. I agree with you. What is one
doing a BBS that requires a secure connection anyway? Most BBSes only
has for a username and password and nothing else.

... This Tagline is so old, I don't know why I stole it.
--- Wildcat! v8.0.454.10 (May 26 2020), Editor Mod v2.1
* Origin: Omicron Theta (1:116/18)

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.02.21 23:03
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> TM> Why is EVERYONE so afraid of things? Who the hell is gonna spy on a te

-> TM> connection? Better yet, WHAT are you doing on a BBS that you are worri

-> TM> are being spied on? Telnet is fine.

-> Flirting with Violet in Lord could be seen by some women as "cheating".

ROTFLMAO!!!

... AARRGGHH!! These aren't Taglines!! They're infestations!!

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.02.21 23:04
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> Re: Re: Syncterm error -16
-> By: SCOTT LABRECQUE to Alan Ianson on Fri Feb 05 2021 11:35 pm

-> SL> i wish WINS supported SSH

-> I'm not sure WINS is still in active development but if it is I would suppor

-> the addition of ssh if at all possible.

-> I'll still call a BBS that is just telnet but secure protocols are preferred

-> Ttyl Smile,
-> Al

-> ... I'm sure it's all clearly explained in the Zmodem DOC's
-> --- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
-> * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.2)

Actually, WINS is still in development, updated, supported, and sold --
http://www.santronics.com.

... See the USELESS INVENTIONS Taglines, by Rick Burwell!

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.02.21 23:05
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> -> Re: Re: Syncterm error -16
-> -> By: SCOTT LABRECQUE to Alan Ianson on Fri Feb 05 2021 11:35 pm

-> -> SL> i wish WINS supported SSH

-> -> I'm not sure WINS is still in active development but if it is I would
-> support
-> -> the addition of ssh if at all possible.

-> -> I'll still call a BBS that is just telnet but secure protocols are
-> preferred.

-> It is... Hector seems to put all, or most, of his effort on the web side
-> of the package.. Anyway... most of the BBS users just use the telnet
-> side..

-> Joe Schweier

-> --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
-> * Origin: Joe's BBS -=joesbbs.com=- (1:342/200)

If you want a secure connection, stick with https on the web side and
stay off the telnet side.

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 05:50
Re: Syncterm error -16
On 17 Feb 21 23:02:46, Robert Wolfe said the following to T.J. Mcmillen:

RW> I think everyone is shit crazy about security these days. To me, SSH
RW> takes away the fun of accessing a BBS. I agree with you. What is one
RW> doing a BBS that requires a secure connection anyway? Most BBSes only
RW> has for a username and password and nothing else.

Most BBS software does not check for "secure passwords" either.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: IB JOE (1:342/200)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 08:04
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> -> It is... Hector seems to put all, or most, of his effort on the web side
-> -> of the package.. Anyway... most of the BBS users just use the telnet
-> -> side..
->
-> -> Joe Schweier
->
-> If you want a secure connection, stick with https on the web side and
-> stay off the telnet side.
->

I cannot seem to logon to the web side of my BBS... And that doesn't
hide the fact that Hector should add SSH to the terminal side.
WINServer is a spectacular package, just lacks on the terminal side of
the BBS... Too Bad!!!

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 11:01
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> -> -> It is... Hector seems to put all, or most, of his effort on the web si

-> -> -> of the package.. Anyway... most of the BBS users just use the telnet
-> -> -> side..
-> ->
-> -> -> Joe Schweier
-> ->
-> -> If you want a secure connection, stick with https on the web side and
-> -> stay off the telnet side.
-> ->

-> I cannot seem to logon to the web side of my BBS... And that doesn't
-> hide the fact that Hector should add SSH to the terminal side.
-> WINServer is a spectacular package, just lacks on the terminal side of
-> the BBS... Too Bad!!!

-> Joe Schweier
-> --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
-> * Origin: Joe's BBS -=joesbbs.com=- (1:342/200)

Why can't you log in to the telnet side of your BBS? I can just fine.
Smile

... See the FREEFALL Sex Taglines, by John Torpey!

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 11:02
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> -> -> It is... Hector seems to put all, or most, of his effort on the web si

-> -> -> of the package.. Anyway... most of the BBS users just use the telnet
-> -> -> side..
-> ->
-> -> -> Joe Schweier
-> ->
-> -> If you want a secure connection, stick with https on the web side and
-> -> stay off the telnet side.
-> ->

-> I cannot seem to logon to the web side of my BBS... And that doesn't
-> hide the fact that Hector should add SSH to the terminal side.
-> WINServer is a spectacular package, just lacks on the terminal side of
-> the BBS... Too Bad!!!

-> Joe Schweier
-> --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
-> * Origin: Joe's BBS -=joesbbs.com=- (1:342/200)

Oh, the WEB side. Might want to mention this in WILDCAT!_SUPPORT so we
can try to help you out more there since it is BBS software-specific.

... This Tagline printed with 100% recycled photons.

From: IB JOE (1:342/200)
To: All
Date: Fri, 19.02.21 13:55
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> -> -> -> It is... Hector seems to put all, or most, of his effort on the web
si

-> -> -> -> of the package.. Anyway... most of the BBS users just use the
telnet
-> -> -> -> side..
-> -> ->
-> -> -> -> Joe Schweier
-> -> ->
-> -> -> If you want a secure connection, stick with https on the web side and

-> -> -> stay off the telnet side.
-> -> ->
->
-> -> I cannot seem to logon to the web side of my BBS... And that doesn't
-> -> hide the fact that Hector should add SSH to the terminal side.
-> -> WINServer is a spectacular package, just lacks on the terminal side of
-> -> the BBS... Too Bad!!!
->
->
-> Why can't you log in to the telnet side of your BBS? I can just fine.
-> Smile
I cannot log onto the HTML side...

Given up for a bit.. Smile

Joe

From: SCOTT LABRECQUE (3:640/1115)
To: All
Date: Sat, 20.02.21 01:37
Re: Syncterm error -16
whatis the editor mod 2.1?
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: EMS!BBS - FIDOnet - 3:640/1115 www.ems-bbs.com (3:640/1115)

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Sat, 20.02.21 22:38
Re: Syncterm error -16
-> whatis the editor mod 2.1?
-> --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
-> * Origin: EMS!BBS - FIDOnet - 3:640/1115 www.ems-bbs.com
(3:640/1115)

It is a modification to EDITOR.WC that forces the user to enter a
message into the line editor (but the user can go back to the FSE if
they want to) which enables tagline edition. I plan on additng
signature text file addition to it at some point.

I also plan on adding a "profanity check before send" feature in the
not too distant future as well.

... Phoenix: official handle of the Taglines echo.

From: Ib Joe (1:105/500)
To: All
Date: Sun, 04.04.21 15:14
Re: Syncterm error -16
Re: Re: Syncterm error -16
By: ROBERT WOLFE to Ib Joe on Thu Feb 18 2021 11:01 am

RW> Why can't you log in to the telnet side of your BBS? I can just fine.
RW> Smile

I cannot log on to the web side of my BBS
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Win32
* Origin: The Fool's Quarter, fqbbs.synchro.net (1:105/500)