Fidonet Portal

From: Miles Maxted (3:772/1)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 28.06.09 10:19
Re: Test
G'morning Paul,

PQ> You see what I mean, almost, then... that allows for 8 sheepies per
PQ> person. An appropriate solution would be to leave the car at home.
PQ> Hitch up a team to a sled (a-la dog sled team), and whizz
PQ> off to wherever. It's a win-win-win situation: for the
PQ> environment; the economy; and, the sheep. [evil grin]

Don't think the cows'd like that...

PQ> The statement is also a pun for my sympathy with the exasperation
PQ> you're feeling, being trapped in the situation as you are. Have
PQ> you ever thought of flying north (nor'west) for the winter?

Nor'west ? Sydney's due west (-88 degrees from North) so I wonder
how Brisbane bears ? -70 degrees from North ?

I know lots of Kiwis head for Noosa and suchlike around now,
taking some of the motorway crush away....

PQ> (It's currently 21.7C with 74% humidity and I'm lolling
PQ> about under the house [hi-set 'Queenslander'], barefooted,
PQ> in shorts & t-shirt, with an un-fastened jogging top over the
PQ> shoulders.Wink

Aw ... this is not to bad, even if I do get to sport an old rugby
jersey over the budgie-smugglers....

Miles

+--------------------Miles-Maxted-------------------+
| 116 Sunrise Avenue, North Shore City, New Zealand |
| Ph/Fx/As: ++64-9-478-3138 Mob: ++64-21-296-3891 |

___ MultiMail/Win32 v0.47

--- Maximus/2 3.01
* Origin: === Maxie BBS. Ak, NZ +64 9 444-0989 === (3:772/1)

From: Miles Maxted (3:772/1)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 28.06.09 10:24
Re: Test
G'morning Paul again,

PQ> We get a 'black snow' here, from about 1st July to late-
PQ> November. It's _ash_ from the sugar cane fires. Smile

Shades of Fiji...

And we've got a bit of that from the big fires in your South from
earlier in the year, ta very much.

Now our frosty spell has dissolved into tropical rain from your
Far North ... torrents and gales forecast, so far just mild rain
following two days of fog....

At least the grass has stopped sprouting...