Fidonet Portal

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Wed, 21.10.20 20:53
Re: Hearings?
AI> overturned is one way to overturn it. The poeple don't want Roe v. Wade
AI> overturned. This will be a problem.

The voters chose Trump, and Trump has always been up-front about his pro-life
stance. The "people" you're really talking about are career politicians.

AI> I agree. The ACA should be improved not killed. Wealthy Americans don't nee
AI> the ACA. It is designed for the average working person/family.

Trump has always been up-front about scrapping ACA. So, we also voted for
scrapping the ACA when we voted Trump into office. He hasn't pulled it off
yet, but he's done other things that make up for it.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Wed, 21.10.20 19:52
Re: Hearings?
> The voters chose Trump, and Trump has always been up-front about his pro-life
> stance.

I am also pro life although I don't push that on anyone.

There are many situations a woman can find herself in where an abortion may be
the best choice for her in that situation.

> The "people" you're really talking about are career politicians.

No, I'm talking about the American people. I think most people are pro life and
also recognize that the decision is best left with a woman and her doctor
rather than law makers.

>> I agree. The ACA should be improved not killed. Wealthy Americans don't nee
>> the ACA. It is designed for the average working person/family.

> Trump has always been up-front about scrapping ACA.

He's also said he would replace it with something better although no plan has
been presented.

> So, we also voted for scrapping the ACA when we voted Trump into office.
> He hasn't pulled it off yet, but he's done other things that make up for it.

If he is going to scrap the ACA he needs to replace it with something. It's
only two weeks to election day, where is it?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Thu, 22.10.20 13:35
Re: Hearings?
AI> I am also pro life although I don't push that on anyone.

Same here, but by not pushing it on people, we're probably being negligent.
We need to let our lawmakers know that we don't want late term abortions - not
because we want to control women, but because we don't want babies executed on
their birthdays.

AI> If he is going to scrap the ACA he needs to replace it with something. It's
AI> only two weeks to election day, where is it?

Good point. The Republicans have been trying to repeal the ACA, but nobody
knows about a proposed replacement just yet.

However, Joe Biden has indicated that he's in favor of Medicare for all, so if
we get Joe, then we KNOW what's in store; paying for the world's medical
bills.

Trump not having a plan is better than Joe's plan.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Thu, 22.10.20 19:29
Re: Hearings?
> Same here, but by not pushing it on people, we're probably being negligent.

No, negeligence is something else.

> We need to let our lawmakers know that we don't want late term abortions -

They are already aware. No one wants or is advocating that.

> not because we want to control women, but because we don't want babies
> executed on their birthdays.

Do you think those women who have carried those babies want to execute them?

This is a decision for a woman to make, not lawmakers.

>> If he is going to scrap the ACA he needs to replace it with something. It's
>> only two weeks to election day, where is it?

> Good point. The Republicans have been trying to repeal the ACA, but nobody
> knows about a proposed replacement just yet.

Trump has been working to kill the ACA (along with other republicans) since he
took office and has been saying a replacement plan would be out in "weeks" but
so far he has tabled nothing.

>However, Joe Biden has indicated that he's in favor of Medicare for all, so if
> we get Joe, then we KNOW what's in store; paying for the world's medical
> bills.

All Americans, not the world.

> Trump not having a plan is better than Joe's plan.

Trump needs to do some planning and doing so he can get things done, things
that matter. Planning around coronavirus, the ACA and global warming would be a
good place to start.

There just doesn't seem to be any kind of planning in the white house today.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 03:13
Re: Hearings?
AI> All Americans, not the world.

Canada has the equivalent of "medicare for all," right?

So what does your federal government do for illegal
immigrants when it comes to health care? Do you pay for that with your
taxes?

I donate to charity whenever I can, but I'm not comfortable with it becoming
mandatory to do so - especially when I have other people's medical bills that
I'd rather be paying for. My dad needs a hearing aid, but nobody has $1000 for
it. So, instead of buying my dad a hearing aid, I'll buy health care for
illegal immigrants. If my kids need braces? Well, I'll have to take that into
consideration after I pay for braces for some illegal kids first.

AI> There just doesn't seem to be any kind of planning in the white house today

I don't agree with that statement. I see nothing but a stack of completed
tasks. Maybe not the Green New Deal, or an apology to Iran, but those
are things we'll leave on the backburner for Democrats to play around with in
2024.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 03:24
Re: Hearings?
-=> On 10-22-20 11:35, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Alan Ianson about Re: Hearings? <=-

AT> However, Joe Biden has indicated that he's in favor of Medicare for
AT> all, so if we get Joe, then we KNOW what's in store; paying for the
AT> world's medical bills.

Wrong. Biden has made it very clear that he is not in favor of
single-payer type of system, but is in favor of personal choice.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:26:10, 23 Oct 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 02:30
Re: Hearings?
> Canada has the equivalent of "medicare for all," right?

> So what does your federal government do for illegal
> immigrants when it comes to health care? Do you pay for that with your
> taxes?

Illegal immigrants would not get coverage. They would have to pay out of pocket
for their medical expenses. If you were to visit Canada you would also have to
pay your own medical bills either through insurance or out of pocket. I never
travel to the US without insurance.

> I donate to charity whenever I can, but I'm not comfortable with it becoming
> mandatory to do so - especially when I have other people's medical bills that
>I'd rather be paying for. My dad needs a hearing aid, but nobody has $1000 for
> it. So, instead of buying my dad a hearing aid, I'll buy health care for
> illegal immigrants. If my kids need braces? Well, I'll have to take that into
> consideration after I pay for braces for some illegal kids first.

I guess it's a matter it a matter of prioreties. Those who are wealthy or those
with insurance need not worry. What about those who are not wealthy or have
insurance, do we just let that go?

>> There just doesn't seem to be any kind of planning in the white house today

> I don't agree with that statement. I see nothing but a stack of completed
> tasks. Maybe not the Green New Deal, or an apology to Iran, but those
> are things we'll leave on the backburner for Democrats to play around with in
> 2024.

The Trump white house has done some things, for sure. There are many things
that need doing that he has simply ignored. Coronavirus is one that has been
ignored for months now and it seems to be back in a big way just at election
time. I don't know if you want a green new deal but some attention and thought
should be paid to the science around global warming, at least.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 13:45
Re: Hearings?
DS> Wrong. Biden has made it very clear that he is not in favor of
DS> single-payer type of system, but is in favor of personal choice.

We'll find out what his policy plans are after he gets elected. We can't
expect transparency from "The Big Guy."

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 14:03
Re: Hearings?
AI> I guess it's a matter it a matter of prioreties. Those who are wealthy or
AI> those with insurance need not worry. What about those who are not wealthy o
AI> have insurance, do we just let that go?

Some states in the USA have issues with health care costs, and some states
make it easy for their residents. My state makes it too easy; we're
already paying for illegal immigrant health care here. We're also paying their
legal fees; it's like the taxpayers have been sued in court and lost.

Canada doesn't care if the illegal immigrant is rich or poor; they will still
require payment. I don't think that's unreasonable. We should do the same
thing here.

People who can't pay because they're poor or not coverered can do what I used
to do during the Obama administration: use motrin and bandaids for everything.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.10.20 03:26
Re: Hearings?
-=> On 10-23-20 11:45, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Hearings? <=-

DS> Wrong. Biden has made it very clear that he is not in favor of
DS> single-payer type of system, but is in favor of personal choice.

AT> We'll find out what his policy plans are after he gets elected. We
AT> can't expect transparency from "The Big Guy."

Biden has been a lot more transparent with his plans than Trump. We
know that we cannot expect truth from Trump.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:27:49, 24 Oct 2020

From: Sam Penwright (1:123/120)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.10.20 17:03
Re: Hearings?
Funny guys lets let the Voters Pick!
Sam

Bye for now...
Sam
1:123/120.0@fidonet
Ezycom BBS Support

--- Ezycom V3.00 01FB064B
* Origin: Deep Space Gateway BBS Running EZYCOM V3.0 (1:123/120)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 25.10.20 02:31
Re: Hearings?
-=> On 10-24-20 15:03, Sam Penwright <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Hearings? <=-

SP> Funny guys lets let the Voters Pick!
SP> Sam

Good idea. I already did pick via my ballot. How about the rest of
you?

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:32:59, 25 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sun, 13.12.20 09:35
Re: Hearings?
On 24 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> -=> On 10-23-20 11:45, Aaron Thomas <=-
DS> -=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Hearings? <=-
Yes this is from 10/23/20, I reading what was said at this time when your
response caught my eye. There is no expiration date on fidonet, this message
and thread is just as fresh as the day it was typed.
Aside from that I wanted to respond and clear up a few things, that obviously
has not occurred in your mind.

DS> AT> We'll find out what his policy plans are after he gets elected. We
DS> AT> can't expect transparency from "The Big Guy."
DS>
DS> Biden has been a lot more transparent with his plans than Trump. We
DS> know that we cannot expect truth from Trump.

Your Democrat bias is showing again, your words - Biden has been a lot more
transparent with his plans than Trump. We know that we cannot expect truth
from Trump...

That's too bad that you feel this way. but tell me who and or what are WE?
Trump exists because of others have either failed to do or completely suck as
a Politician.
Don't take my word for it, just look at the facts.
Name me another President Democrat or Republican.
Who else had the courage to stop foreign countries (namely China) to
continuously rip off the United States of America, with respect to Trade.
Who else fixed the tax code so that WE as Americans keep to keep more of our
hard earned money.
Name me another President where the stock market has soared breaking its own
record multiple times within 4 year term.
Can you recall a previous President of the U.S. that has done all of the above
and has not collected a salary.
Your response to should prove to be interesting.

. ______ ?????????Ŀ ????????Ŀ ???????Ŀ ?????????????????Ŀ

/ 00????00'-????00???00?٨???00??00?٨???00?00?٨????00????????00????

* Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)

From: Ron Lauzon (1:275/89)
To: All
Date: Mon, 14.12.20 09:40
Re: Hearings?
-=> Gregory Deyss wrote to Dale Shipp <=-

GD> Your response to should prove to be interesting.

I predict silence, or he will spout off a bunch of Propaganda about how all
those things happened under Osama...er.. Obama.

... ALL bikini clad women, proceed to move to California.
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 (1:275/89)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Tue, 15.12.20 01:38
Re: Hearings?
-=> On 12-13-20 08:35, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Hearings? <=-

AT> We'll find out what his policy plans are after he gets elected. We
AT> can't expect transparency from "The Big Guy."

DS> Biden has been a lot more transparent with his plans than Trump. We
DS> know that we cannot expect truth from Trump.

GD> Your Democrat bias is showing again, your words - Biden has been a lot
GD> more transparent with his plans than Trump. We know that we cannot
GD> expect truth from Trump...

It is my bias for truth and facts that is showing.

GD> Don't take my word for it, just look at the facts.

GD> Name me another President Democrat or Republican.

GD> Who else had the courage to stop foreign countries (namely China) to
GD> continuously rip off the United States of America, with respect to
GD> Trade.

I do not know all the facts on China, it is complex.

GD> Who else fixed the tax code so that WE as Americans keep to keep
GD> more of our hard earned money.

Not that much more. He fixed the tax code so that his billionaire
buddies got to keep a *LOT* more of their earnings.

GD> Name me another President where the stock market has soared breaking
GD> its own record multiple times within 4 year term.

The stock market rose at a higher average rate under Obama than under
Trump. Obama inherited a crash because of Bush policies that drove the
stock market down to about 6600. When he turned over the Presidency to
Trump it had risen steadily to 19800, an increase by a factor of 2.99
over a period of about 95 months, which equates to 1.16% per month
compounded monthly. Last stock market price is 29,999 -- an increase by a
factor of 1.51 over a period of just under 48 months, which equates to
0.8% per month compounded monthly. In other words Trump inherited a
strong market and did not get it to increase at the same rate as it had
done under Obama. All of this discussion ignores the fact that only the
more affluent part of the population has any stake in the stock market.

GD> Can you recall a previous President of the U.S. that has done all of
GD> the above and has not collected a salary.

It is true that Trump says he has donated his salary. It is also true
that previous statements of his donations to charity have been false.
It is also true that he has earned far more than his salary by his
charges to the federal government for using his various private
facilities. It is also true that his donations for "help overturn the
election fund" have put more than 100 million into funds that he can use
for what ever he pleases. I.e. giving up $400,000 yearly salary pales
in comparison to the money he has raked in via other means based on his
office.

GD> Your response to should prove to be interesting.

I hope it was interesting and enlightening for you.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:56:56, 15 Dec 2020

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Tue, 15.12.20 01:57
Re: Hearings?
-=> On 12-14-20 08:40, Ron Lauzon <=-
-=> spoke to Gregory Deyss about Re: Hearings? <=-

GD> Your response to should prove to be interesting.

RL> I predict silence, or he will spout off a bunch of Propaganda about
RL> how all those things happened under Osama...er.. Obama.

Your prediction is wrong. And unlike some others, I state facts, not
propaganda.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:58:44, 15 Dec 2020

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Tue, 15.12.20 09:26
Re: Hearings?
DS> It is true that Trump says he has donated his salary. It is also true

Hilarious! Are you going to be this critical of Biden?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Tue, 15.12.20 19:34
Re: Hearings?
Re: Re: Hearings?
By: Aaron Thomas to Dale Shipp on Tue Dec 15 2020 08:26 am

AT> Hilarious! Are you going to be this critical of Biden?

If the Biden white house looks anything like the Trump white house there is
sure to be criticism. I don't think it matters if a president is democrat or
republican. If they do the wrong thing reelection will not be possible.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Enter that again, just a little slower.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.12.20 01:16
Re: Hearings?
AI> If the Biden white house looks anything like the Trump white house there is
AI> sure to be criticism. I don't think it matters if a president is democrat o
AI> republican. If they do the wrong thing reelection will not be possible.

Excellent points!

And Biden probably realizes this too. After all, he is a career politician.

The voters who swung from Republican to Democrat this year are going to need
at least 1 great reason to re-elect Biden again in four years. I'm hoping that
he tries to please everyone - I'll admit that he seems much more gentlemanly
and respectable than Obama, so there's hope for Biden, especially if he
distances himself from his past as VP and from Obama indefinitely.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.12.20 01:37
Re: Hearings?
-=> On 12-15-20 08:26, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Hearings? <=-

DS> It is true that Trump says he has donated his salary. It is also true

AT> Hilarious! Are you going to be this critical of Biden?

If he deserves it, yes.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:37:25, 16 Dec 2020