Fidonet Portal

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 16.09.20 01:49
Killer
-=> On 09-15-20 11:17, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Alan Ianson about Re: Demagogue Definition <=-

AT> The media gives Trump too much credit for dictatorship. If you want to
AT> see a real dictator in the USA, who actually kills his own residents
AT> with executive orders, look no further than NY governor Andrew Cuomo,
AT> a proud member of the radical Democrat party.

How has Cuomo killed NY residents? His actions ended up with Covid
pretty much under control.

If you want to look for who killed their own residents, you need look no
further than Trump. He has admitted that he knew how deadly Covid-19
was and how it was air spread. But instead of telling the American
people that, he said "not to worry -- it will all blow over soon". Plus
he actively denigrated the procedures which have proven effective in
containing the spread -- namely social distancing, and wearing a mask.
He just recently treated his most fervent fans to a high risk indoor
crowded event with no masks. When asked about this, his response was
something along the lines of "No worry, I was safely away from
everyone". In other words, the only person he cared about protecting
from being infected was Donald Trump.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 23:56:10, 15 Sep 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 16.09.20 14:56
Re: Killer
DS> How has Cuomo killed NY residents? His actions ended up with Covid
DS> pretty much under control.

I answered Al's similar question a few messages back, but something I
forgot to mention was that Andrew Cuomo routinely empowers organized crime in
NYS. People like me complain about it, then liberals defend it by twisting
words around.

Organized crime kills. Why do we want to empower that? And why do we want to
slap cops & crime victims in the face with cashless bail? And why do we want
to deny legal aid to crime victims, but give legal aid to their assailants
simply because they qualify under "illegal immigrants get free legal aid?"

To answer your question clearly, Andrew Cuomo kills NY residents by giving
murderers all the tools they need to do the job.

..and if covid-19 was a criminal, it would be no exception; Cuomo bolstered
the strength of covid-19 by forcing small nursing homes to attempt to contain
the virus. I think he was originally pandering to the seniors in that
scenario, trying to sell them "I made sure you could go back to your nursing
home & I made sure you didn't have to stay in some stinky hospital!" But he
actually killed over 6000 seniors with his selfish pandering vote-seeking
agenda.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 17.09.20 02:36
Re: Killer
-=> On 09-16-20 12:56, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Killer <=-

DS> How has Cuomo killed NY residents? His actions ended up with Covid
DS> pretty much under control.

AT> I answered Al's similar question a few messages back, but something I
AT> forgot to mention was that Andrew Cuomo routinely empowers organized
AT> crime in NYS. People like me complain about it, then liberals defend
AT> it by twisting words around.

That is not the topic we are discussing, and I doubt that you can
provide any evidence about it anyhow.

AT> ..and if covid-19 was a criminal, it would be no exception; Cuomo
AT> bolstered the strength of covid-19 by forcing small nursing homes to
AT> attempt to contain the virus. I think he was originally pandering to
AT> the seniors in that scenario, trying to sell them "I made sure you
AT> could go back to your nursing home & I made sure you didn't have to
AT> stay in some stinky hospital!" But he actually killed over 6000
AT> seniors with his selfish pandering vote-seeking agenda.

That was a mistake, and Cuomo owned up to it. Once it was realized how
vulnerable nursing homes were, the policy was reversed.

OTOH, Trump realized how serious Covid was in early January -- but
deliberately lied to the American people in an attempt not to "cause
panic". As a result, he has killed tens of thousands of Americans who
did not have to die.

Not only that, but he has vigorously talked against the very measures
that are known by reputable scientists to help mitigate the spread of
the virus -- social distancing and masks. As a result his minions have
made such things a political issue instead of the science issue it
really is.

And more recently he has taken in a radiologist (e.g. does MRIs etc) as
his advisor who is touting the absurd theory that we should just let
people get infected so that we would reach "herd immunity".

The most conservative estimates are that before that happened the number
of dead Americans would be in excess of two million, an order of
magnitude more than it currently is.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:45:54, 17 Sep 2020

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 18.09.20 12:39
Re: Killer
DS> AT> stay in some stinky hospital!" But he actually killed over 6000
DS> AT> seniors with his selfish pandering vote-seeking agenda.
DS>
DS> That was a mistake, and Cuomo owned up to it. Once it was realized how
DS> vulnerable nursing homes were, the policy was reversed.

How did he "own up to it?" He hasn't apologized to anyone. He's a gorilla with
a bag of executive orders, and he flings them at people.

DS> The most conservative estimates are that before that happened the number
DS> of dead Americans would be in excess of two million, an order of
DS> magnitude more than it currently is.

The mask mandate is optional per state, but you'd rather blame Trump than
blame governors.

Trump doesn't pencil-whip executive orders, unlike Andrew Cuomo. If we truly
wanted a national mask mandate, congress could make a bill for that, but they
seem very lazy lately.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 03:30
Re: Killer
-=> On 09-18-20 10:39, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Killer <=-

DS> The most conservative estimates are that before that happened the number
DS> of dead Americans would be in excess of two million, an order of
DS> magnitude more than it currently is.

AT> The mask mandate is optional per state, but you'd rather blame Trump
AT> than blame governors.

When Trump admitted how serious the threat of the virus was way back in
January, he could have started talking to the nation and making
recommendations supported by the scientists. Instead he chose to lie to
the public, saying it was just the flu and it would soon go away. If he
had made a national recommendation for masks and social distancing back
in February/March we would not have 200,000 deaths and rising now.
Instead he downplayed the recommendations for masks, etc. Had he just
suggested serious national policy and guidelines, many more people would
still be alive.

A good example of his lack of support for good policy is his recent
rallies where people were crowded indoors in close quarters, resulting
in infections and death for some. When asked why he did not ask for
mask wearing, etc. his response was "I was completely safe, well away
from anyone else", making it very clear that he cares little for his
followers and only cares about himself.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:38:38, 19 Sep 2020

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 12:25
Re: Killer
DS> from anyone else", making it very clear that he cares little for his
DS> followers and only cares about himself.

These things that you're saying about Trump, how he should have made
recommendations, I think you're right that he should have and could have been
a stronger leader from the start of the outbreak. He didn't really have much
to say about it. He doesn't "act presidential" sometimes when he really
should. But I don't blame him for any covid deaths. There was nothing the
president could have done different except for be more demanding.

DS> A good example of his lack of support for good policy is his recent
DS> rallies where people were crowded indoors in close quarters, resulting

That's his followers acting carelessly, but it's got nothing to do with Trump
policy. I stand behind Trump's trade policies, immigration policies, and I
stand behind Obama's seperation of adults & children policy, which Trump
inherited. I'm also with Trump on abortion, defending our police, striking
Russia inside Syria, and just about everything else.

Trump is kind of a weird spoiled rich kid, and he's probably the type who
would never cry about anything, as we've seen his lack of emotion. But when
you put all those goofy and offensive characteristics aside, he's a pretty
good president! He is ready to work with Democrats to help the American
people, but these Democrats don't want "agreed with Trump on something" in
their career-politician resumes.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 15:43
Re: Killer
> That's his followers acting carelessly, but it's got nothing to do with Trump
> policy. I stand behind Trump's trade policies, immigration policies, and

> I stand behind Obama's seperation of adults & children policy, which Trump
> inherited.

That was never an Obama policy. That was a Trump executive order that stared
all that and when the order proved to be a bad idea he said it would stop but
it never has.

Trump also told immigration workers to do things at the border that were
illegal and said he would pardon them if they got into legal hot water.

It seems women in detention centers are being given hysterectomies and other
procedures while in detention, without their knowledge.

None of that is very American.

> I'm also with Trump on abortion, defending our police, striking
> Russia inside Syria, and just about everything else.

Do your police need Trump's defense?

> Trump is kind of a weird spoiled rich kid, and he's probably the type who
> would never cry about anything, as we've seen his lack of emotion. But when
> you put all those goofy and offensive characteristics aside, he's a pretty
> good president! He is ready to work with Democrats to help the American
> people, but these Democrats don't want "agreed with Trump on something" in
> their career-politician resumes.

Trump is a bigger plague than the coronavirus.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 19.09.20 23:18
Re: Killer
> I stand behind Obama's seperation of adults & children policy, which Trump
> inherited.
AI>
AI> That was never an Obama policy. That was a Trump executive order that stare
AI> all that and when the order proved to be a bad idea he said it would stop b
AI> it never has.

There was video footage of "children in cages at US detention centers" that
was recorded during the Obama administration, and it was used in attack ads
against Trump in 2016 mistakenly by black Jesus himself.

AI> It seems women in detention centers are being given hysterectomies and othe
AI> procedures while in detention, without their knowledge.

Al, we got these weekly periodicals like "The Globe," "The
Examiner," "The National Inquirer," "The Onion," and a few others. They are
garbage stories, that only upstate NY moms read, as they pick them up near the
checkout lane at the grocery store. They were good sellers in my area back
around 1985.

These literary masterpieces also keep us informed about stuff like Aliens
landing in Harlem, doing acid with the Globetrotters, etc.

They are sure to also keep you informed about forced hysterectomies on
American women in jail.

The media has gone rogue in the states, but it's gone mad worldwide.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 03:03
Re: Killer
-=> On 09-19-20 10:25, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Killer <=-

DS> from anyone else", making it very clear that he cares little for his
DS> followers and only cares about himself.

AT> These things that you're saying about Trump, how he should have made
AT> recommendations, I think you're right that he should have and could
AT> have been a stronger leader from the start of the outbreak.

That is exactly right -- and it is the reason that things are as bad as
they are.

AT> He didn't really have much to say about it.

?? As President, he is supposed to be the leader of the nation. He
sould have told the people that it might be bad. He sould have told the
people about actions that they could take to mitigate the infections.
Instead, he told the people that it was nothing. He told the people to
ignore the recommended safety recommendations.

AT> He doesn't "act presidential"
AT> sometimes when he really should. But I don't blame him for any covid
AT> deaths. There was nothing the president could have done different
AT> except for be more demanding.

Exactly -- he should have been more honest and demanding. For that he
has the blame for many covid deaths that would have been avoided if he
had told the people the correct information instead of his lies.

DS> A good example of his lack of support for good policy is his recent
DS> rallies where people were crowded indoors in close quarters, resulting

AT> That's his followers acting carelessly, but it's got nothing to do
AT> with Trump policy.

DUH -- it has everything to do with his policies, discouraging mask
wearing and proper social distances.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:26:32, 20 Sep 2020

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 01:25
Re: Killer
>> I stand behind Obama's seperation of adults & children policy, which Trump
>> inherited.
>>
>> That was never an Obama policy. That was a Trump executive order that stare
>> all that and when the order proved to be a bad idea he said it would stop b
>> it never has.

> There was video footage of "children in cages at US detention centers" that
> was recorded during the Obama administration, and it was used in attack ads
> against Trump in 2016 mistakenly by black Jesus himself.

That is the usual conservative talking point. I am not talking about "children
in cages at US detention centers" although you might want to work on that also.

I am talking about Donald Trump's zero tolerance policy, one of his executive
orders that separated families.

From NBC news June 19,2018..

The Trump administration separated 1,995 children from 1,940 adults from April
19 to May 31, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security said Friday,
a period in which the "zero tolerance" policy was in effect.

Today the number of children separated from their families exceeds 4,000.

>> It seems women in detention centers are being given hysterectomies and othe
>> procedures while in detention, without their knowledge.

> Al, we got these weekly periodicals like "The Globe," "The
> Examiner," "The National Inquirer," "The Onion," and a few others. They are
>garbage stories, that only upstate NY moms read, as they pick them up near the
> checkout lane at the grocery store. They were good sellers in my area back
> around 1985.

Those periodicals might provide some entertainment value but I wouldn't bother
with any of them.

> These literary masterpieces also keep us informed about stuff like Aliens
> landing in Harlem, doing acid with the Globetrotters, etc.

Or tune into Fox News, I saw Tucker Carlson had someone on who had "proof" the
chinese let the virus out of a lab, on purpose.

> They are sure to also keep you informed about forced hysterectomies on
> American women in jail.

This is not a hidden story. It's new but the facts will come out.

https://youtu.be/Xx24C3F0XEQ

> The media has gone rogue in the states, but it's gone mad worldwide.

In today's world you have to sift through a lot of stuff but the truth is still
out there.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 12:39
Re: Killer
DS> Exactly -- he should have been more honest and demanding. For that he
DS> has the blame for many covid deaths that would have been avoided if he
DS> had told the people the correct information instead of his lies.

I don't think the president's advice is anything anyone really cares about
when it comes to covid-19. Democrat supporters can't be expected to listen to
him, and even Republican supporters should know better than to rely on the
president to tell them how to protect their families.

I'd ask a doctor all the questions, if I was feeling sick. If the president
has a doctor telling him stuff about the virus, and the president doesn't
listen to the doctor, then that's his problem. I get my medical advice from
doctors and not from presidents.

And when I was worried about getting nuked by NK, I didn't even cry to Obama,
because I knew that he was no expert at fixing relations with other countries.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 12:49
Re: Killer
>> That was never an Obama policy. That was a Trump executive order that stare
>> all that and when the order proved to be a bad idea he said it would stop b
>> it never has.

Whether it's an Obama policy or a Trump policy, I support it. When parents are
incarcerated for any reason, the kids just aren't allowed to tag along with
their parents in the jail cell. Kids deserve better, and lousy parents deserve
worse.

>> It seems women in detention centers are being given hysterectomies and othe
>> procedures while in detention, without their knowledge.

Thanks for that video link. I suspect that this is the last we ever hear about
this story though. It doesn't seem very believable. We've got better things to
spend money on than forced hysterectomies.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 17:58
Re: Killer
> Whether it's an Obama policy or a Trump policy, I support it.

That was a Trump policy, an executive order. Obama doesn't come into it.

> When parents are incarcerated for any reason, the kids just aren't allowed to
> tag along with their parents in the jail cell. Kids deserve better, and
> lousy parents deserve worse.

Not everyone that enters the US is a killer/rapist/dealer/thug that should be
jailed or separated from their families.

>>> It seems women in detention centers are being given hysterectomies and othe
>>> procedures while in detention, without their knowledge.

> Thanks for that video link. I suspect that this is the last we ever hear
> about this story though. It doesn't seem very believable. We've got better
> things to spend money on than forced hysterectomies.

Indeed, there are a lot of hard to believe things happening in the US these
days since Donald Trump was inaugurated.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 21:44
Re: Killer
AI> Not everyone that enters the US is a killer/rapist/dealer/thug that should
AI> jailed or separated from their families.

In the US, we seperate children from their parents for smaller offenses than
illegal border crossing. So to somehow allow illegal immigrants to take their
children to jail with them is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of
going on at the border.

I got seperated from my kid just for being male in a Democrat's court.
Permanent seperation from that child, not temporary like the immigrant
scenario.

People who want to sympathize for illegal immigrants can do so, but there are
Americans suffering the same symptom. To make it fair, we need to let all the
Americans take their kids to jail and/or prison with them.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 21:38
Re: Killer
>> Not everyone that enters the US is a killer/rapist/dealer/thug that should
>> jailed or separated from their families.

> In the US, we seperate children from their parents for smaller offenses than
> illegal border crossing.

There is no illegal border crossing here.

> So to somehow allow illegal immigrants to take their children to jail with
> them is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of going on at the border.

These are not illegal immigrants.

> I got seperated from my kid just for being male in a Democrat's court.

A democrat court? Do you have democrat and republican courts?

> Permanent seperation from that child, not temporary like the immigrant
> scenario.

I was separated from my mother in a similar (it sounds) way. Time and
circumstance corrected that injustice.

Not all of those separations were temporary. In many cases they don't know who
or where the parents are so now there is no way to put those families back
together.

> People who want to sympathize for illegal immigrants can do so,

I have no sympathy for illegal immigrants.

> but there are Americans suffering the same symptom. To make it fair, we need
> to let all the Americans take their kids to jail and/or prison with them.

<sigh>

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 21.09.20 03:43
Re: Killer
-=> On 09-20-20 10:39, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Killer <=-

DS> Exactly -- he should have been more honest and demanding. For that he
DS> has the blame for many covid deaths that would have been avoided if he
DS> had told the people the correct information instead of his lies.

AT> I don't think the president's advice is anything anyone really cares
AT> about when it comes to covid-19.

That is very wrong. His core follows his lead in many ways.

AT> Democrat supporters can't be expected
AT> to listen to him, and even Republican supporters should know better
AT> than to rely on the president to tell them how to protect their
AT> families.

They should know better -- but they do follow his lead.

AT> I'd ask a doctor all the questions, if I was feeling sick. If the

The problem with that statement is that by the time you are feeling sick
with Covid-19 you have probably spread the virus to a number other
people unless you followed the protocols given by the public medical
officials. Then they give it to others before they get sick, etc.

AT> president has a doctor telling him stuff about the virus, and the
AT> president doesn't listen to the doctor, then that's his problem. I get
AT> my medical advice from doctors and not from presidents.

Then you should listen to the doctors who are tell you to wear a mask in
public, to keep social distance, to wash hands, etc. Others are
listening to Trump telling them not to bother with masks, distancing and
the rest.

AT> And when I was worried about getting nuked by NK, I didn't even cry to
AT> Obama, because I knew that he was no expert at fixing relations with
AT> other countries.

Very different. There was not much you could personally do about NK as
an individual. In the case of Covid-19, your personal actions and those
of the rest of the population have a large effect on the spread of the
disease.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:50:43, 21 Sep 2020

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 21.09.20 04:10
Re: Killer
-=> On 09-20-20 10:49, Aaron Thomas <=-
-=> spoke to Alan Ianson about Re: Killer <=-

AT> Whether it's an Obama policy or a Trump policy, I support it. When
AT> parents are incarcerated for any reason, the kids just aren't allowed
AT> to tag along with their parents in the jail cell. Kids deserve better,
AT> and lousy parents deserve worse.

Two things wrong with your statement. First, the parents should not
have been incarcerated, and second is your assumption that they are
lousy parents for trying to save their children's life.

>> It seems women in detention centers are being given hysterectomies and othe
>> procedures while in detention, without their knowledge.

AT> Thanks for that video link. I suspect that this is the last we ever
AT> hear about this story though. It doesn't seem very believable. We've
AT> got better things to spend money on than forced hysterectomies.

It is believeable, but it is yet to be determined if it was more than
just one doctor who was performing the operations because of his own
sick reasons.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 02:13:28, 21 Sep 2020

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 21.09.20 11:35
Re: Killer
> I got seperated from my kid just for being male in a Democrat's court.
AI>
AI> A democrat court? Do you have democrat and republican courts?

The judges are open about their party affiliation. I had a Democrat judge rule
that it would be unliberal to let an American father ever see his child again.
That same judge is probably out protesting against Trump seperation policy
right now.

AI> These are not illegal immigrants.

Of course, there's no such thing as illegal immigrants in the USA while
Democrats act as their attorneys. But I'm an attorney for crime victims. (Not
literally - but I'm in favor of them.Wink

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 21.09.20 11:54
Re: Killer
DS> Then you should listen to the doctors who are tell you to wear a mask in
DS> public, to keep social distance, to wash hands, etc. Others are
DS> listening to Trump telling them not to bother with masks, distancing and
DS> the rest.

I watch a lot of news, but I never heard Trump tell people not to wear masks
or to not socially distance.

He held some rallies. People went to the rallies without masks, and they sat
right next to each other. But we don't have any laws against that. I went to
the beach a month ago, and hardly anyone was wearing a mask there either.

We have the freedom to take a chance with the coronavirus. The president can't
actually close the border with Mexico or Canada, so he's not going to achieve
100% protection from infected foreigners. Americans are spoiled, and they're
not going to stop going to Walmart. Sometimes we forget our masks at home, and
when we get to the store, we will get testy about not being able to enter
without the mask.

I sense that Democrats want to pressure the president into taking
authoritative actions to combat the virus, but some of this stuff is too much
for Americans. Mask mandate? Try to force a mask onto a WWII veteran and
seehow that goes. Self-quarrantine? Tell that to our illegal immigrant
community. Social distancing? Tell that to the idiots who are hosting huge
parties.

Pressuring the president into making executive orders that sound like
authoritarian orders, just so people can say "See? He really IS a dictator!"
it's just not happening.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 21.09.20 12:01
Re: Killer
DS> Two things wrong with your statement. First, the parents should not
DS> have been incarcerated, and second is your assumption that they are
DS> lousy parents for trying to save their children's life.

I have a biased view of illegal immigrants because of my past dealings with
them. If I had been a northerner my whole life, I'd probably throw my country
under the train for them too, just like the liberals do.

But don't you think you're over-generalizing illegal immigrants by saying that
they are only sneaking in so they can save the lives of their children?

If there is some child-murdering policy in effect south of the border,
wouldn't it be best for us to stay out of it? We don't rule the world. And if
we let the violence spill over into the USA, what are we doing for our own
children?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2