Fidonet Portal






From: Bryan Handfield (1:129/165)
To: All
Date: Sat, 31.10.20 23:55
Re: Weakling
-=[ On 10-31-20 19:12, Angela Walker wrote to Dennis Katsonis below: ]=-
-=[ Re: Re: Weakling ]=-

Hi Angela Walker!

AW> in the middle of a pandemic, not to mention women's rights. Roe vs.
AW> Wade? Gone, just a matter of time. Regardless of how you feel about
AW> abortion, I submit that taking away the right of every woman to make
AW> that decision for herself after decades of the status quo represents a
What about the rights of the unborn as a human being?

Cheers,
Bryan
bhandfield(at)me(dot)com

... Bart, stop pestering Satan!!!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
* Origin: Battlestar BBS : battlestarbbs.dyndns.org (1:129/165)

From: Zazz (1:124/5014.2)
To: All
Date: Sun, 01.11.20 17:28
Re: Weakling
AI> BH> What about the rights of the unborn as a human being?
AI>
AI> I think there are rights all around including the woman who needs to make
AI> decision to abort a pregnancy are not.
AI>
AI> Ttyl Smile,
AI> Al

Her right to decide to have a baby or not terminatd when she had unprotected
sex. Once pregnant she is responsible for that life within her. She does not
want the baby...fine, bear to full term and give the baby up for adoption. It
will cost her nothing but the months of giving life.

Abortionis the termination of a life within her...the life that didn't ask to
be made and certainly didn't ask to be terminated.

Question is, where would she be if her own maternal mom wanted to abort her?

Since I am not female, my view won't be tolerated from the opposite sex. But
my view is from the side, do I have the right to terminate (kill) life of
someone?

God Bless all and may He forgive us for our transgressions.

... Sign outside brothel: "On Vacation. Beat it."

--- Renegade v1.22/DOS
* Origin: PB Renegade (gapbbs.rdfig.net:2424) Mesquite, Tx (1:124/5014.2)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 01.11.20 19:09
Re: Weakling
BH> What about the rights of the unborn as a human being?

You make a great point! But also, what about the rights of the father? I know
a handful of fathers angry about having their child terminated without their
consent.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 02.11.20 15:34
Re: Weakling
LL> What about the rights of the victim? Why should the victim
LL> be forced to bring to term what a rapist did?

Democrats don't care about victims. If they did, they'd complain for the
rights of the unborn.

Just because some women are impregnated from rape, that does not mean all of
them are. How about a police report first? And how about reparations for men
who unwillingly lost their child to some skank?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 02.11.20 17:02
Re: Weakling
On 2 Nov 20 14:34, Aaron Thomas said the following to Lee Lofaso:

AT> Just because some women are impregnated from rape, that does not mean all o
AT> them are. How about a police report first? And how about reparations for me
AT> who unwillingly lost their child to some skank?

The "rape and incest" argument from the pro-choice crowd is so laughingly
inaccurate and the last resort when out of logical arguments. They would
have you believe its such a pandemic and why the need for an abortion clinic
made available on every street corner.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 02.11.20 19:25
Re: Weakling
NA> The "rape and incest" argument from the pro-choice crowd is so laughingly
NA> inaccurate and the last resort when out of logical arguments. They would
NA> have you believe its such a pandemic and why the need for an abortion clini
NA> made available on every street corner.

Yes, it's a common Democrat thing to look for lousy stuff to waste money on.
Whatever gets them off is what you see during their administrations. Listening
to constituents is not common for them either; they shun the Democrats who
are pro-life.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Tue, 03.11.20 20:51
Re: Weakling
On 04 Nov 20 02:04:13, Lee Lofaso said the following to Nick Andre:

LL> Let's see what the rest of the world thinks -

LOL nah lets not, you fucking goon. Save your breath for the hurricanes.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Tue, 03.11.20 21:07
Re: Weakling
LL> A victim might not be able to file a police report. Could be a child
LL> who is dependent on the rapist for survival. A crime committed is still
LL> a crime, even if no police report is or has been filed.

Some rape victims can't file a police report, but instead of making something
100% compatible with every American, we'll make it 99% compatible. You know
there are people in jail wrongfully accused? So is your solution then to
release all inmates at all jails? Because that's what Biden's pal Andrew Cuomo
did in NY. Want to see that done for the whole country?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sat, 07.11.20 13:47
Re: Weakling
On 10-31-20, ANGELA WALKER said to DENNIS KATSONIS:

AW>Re: Re: Weakling
AW>By: Dennis Katsonis to Lee Lofaso on Tue Sep 08 2020 09:16 am


AW>I can list a few ways that Trump being president has tangibly and
AW>negatively affected my life in a real way!
AW>Under Obama, LGBT individu



The fact is nobody cared before, or cares now, what your particular sex
deviance happens to be. Your sexual perversions are your own business.


Its when you try to not only flaunt your degenerate self out in public such as
to make a disgusting spectacle of yourselves in `parades', you are also
*forcing* young children, who's parents might not approve, to hear and see it
in classrooms, that objections should be raised.


Its too bad that you and your ilk feel `put upon' because not each and every
person think what you practice in the privacy of your bedroom, is all `peaches
and cream'. Trying to *force* it into people's lives who do not care to have
it pushed on them each and every day, is a little like tyranny.


You people already have the exact same `rights' as the rest of Americans. You
don't need `special' rights in order to live in this society.



Tagline;


"Show me a man who gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a
crook!" ......Harry S. Truman








---
*Durango b301 #PE*
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 07.11.20 20:52
Re: Weakling
TR> "Think about it; Biden and Harris say if Trump is re-elected there will be
TR> more violence. Conversely, the violence will end if Biden and Harris are
TR> elected. That means the democrats are controling the violence!"

This is too important to be just a tagline. Is Biden going to fire his
protesters now? They're useless to him now. Let's see how long the protesting
continues now that there's nothing left to gain from it.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Dan Cross (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 11:24
Re: Weakling
On 07 Nov 2020 at 12:47p, TIM RICHARDSON pondered and said...

TR> The fact is nobody cared before, or cares now, what your particular sex
TR> deviance happens to be. Your sexual perversions are your own business.

Wow, you sound like you care a lot.

You sound really threatened and triggered, snowflake.

PS: Trump Lost. Get over it.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/32)
* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Angela Walker (1:129/165)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 05:02
Re: Weakling
Re: Re: Weakling
By: Dennis Katsonis to Angela Walker on Mon Oct 19 2020 06:25 am

> -=> Angela Walker wrote to Dennis Katsonis <=-
>
> AW> Re: Re: Weakling
> AW> By: Dennis Katsonis to Lee Lofaso on Tue Sep 08 2020 09:16 am
>
> AW> I can list a few ways that Trump being president has tangibly and
> AW> negatively affected my life in a real way!
> AW> Under Obama, LGBT individuals such as myself had federal legal
> AW> protections against discrimination. LGBT students could feel safe in
> AW> public - they could use public restrooms without fear of legal action
> AW> being taken against them - something that should be a basic human right
> AW> for all Americans. LGBT employees had federal non-discrimination
> AW> protections. Transgender persons could participate in the Armed
> AW> Services. I could go on. Thanks to Trump, all of that has been
> AW> reversed and then some. He's actually gone as far as to legally
> AW> "disappear" transgender people by redefining gender in the legal
> AW> context as an un-changeable binary determined by a doctor's glance at
> AW> birth that can never be changed or modified on any legal documents
> AW> recognized by his government. While I haven't been arrested for using
> AW> a public restroom nor have I been discharged from service or fired
> AW> because of who I am, knowing that those are the rules of the land has
> AW> profoundly affected my psyche and self-esteem. I feel vastly less-safe
> AW> as an LGBT American than I did under Obama - I feel at-risk when I go
> AW> to work, when I go shopping, when I pay my bills, when I fill out
> AW> forms, and very much so when I see a doctor or seek any sort of medical
> AW> care. When Trump was elected, I knew it would be bad for LGBT Americans
> AW> but he's done more to hurt us than I'd even imagined. His words when he
> AW> asked the Supreme Court to rule that LGBT Americans have no legal
> AW> protections against discrimination - and lost the case - "It's
> AW> unfortunate. It's very unfortunate." So I have to live with knowing
> AW> that the leader of my country believes it's very unfortunate that he
> AW> couldn't officially legalize discrimination against people like myself.
> AW> ... and now that he's installed his pet, Amy, into the Supreme Court,
> AW> that decision is likely to be overturned - along with dismantling the
> AW> Affordable Care Act that protects 30 million Americans with health care
> AW> in the middle of a pandemic, not to mention women's rights. Roe vs.
> AW> Wade? Gone, just a matter of time. Regardless of how you feel about
> AW> abortion, I submit that taking away the right of every woman to make
> AW> that decision for herself after decades of the status quo represents a
> AW> monumental step backwards in terms of personal rights and freedoms -
> AW> well, rights not pertaining to straight white men, that is. But I'm
> AW> getting off-topic so I'll return to my premise and conclude that yes,
> AW> my life is much worse than it was when Obama was in charge. I think
> AW> that actually applies to the vast majority of Americans, as COVID does
> AW> not represent an anomoly - it's not an external event that has nothing
> AW> to do with Trump's leadership as he'd like you to think - it's a direct
> AW> result of his empowerment! Consider this: China tried to hide the SARS
> AW> outbreak of 2008 just as they tried t hide COVID but American agents
> AW> and the CDC played a major role in exposing the truth in time to stem
> AW> the spread. However in 2019, the president of the United States was
> AW> praising China's leadership and even in early 2020 he was on TV
> AW> commending China's efforts in dealing with the virus - assuring us it
> AW> was not threat to America. Forget everything he's done to hamper the
> AW> efforts to get the virus under control since it exploded in America...
> AW> I submit that it's the fault of himself and his global influence that
> AW> this thing ever got out of control worldwide in the first place! He's
> AW> done a 180 on China by calling it the "China virus," well I say we call
> AW> it the "Trump virus!" To that end, Trump has made all of our lives SO
> AW> much worse, worldwide! --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
>
> I worry greatly that people will use their feelings to impact others.
> We see people being cancelled, being fired because of how people "feel".
> I have a real problem with this. I have a problem with action taken
> against others because some people think that this or that could happen.
>
> That is why I asked for tangible and real outcomes. Because its easy to
> say that this or that changes makes me feel bad. But does it impact
> you? Is there anything more to it than you fear and how you feel about
> it?
>
>
> If as a result of Trump, you were fired, denied a job, attacked, lost
> out financially, whatever, I can understand. That is what I wanted to
> know, and why I asked.
>
> You yourself admitted that these things you fear haven't actually
> happened.
>
>
> ... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
> === MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.29
These things HAVE happened to people I know and care about. If I needed to
look for a job right now it would likely affect me too. Here's another one, to
expand on Trump's legal redefinition of gender: I cannot update my driver's
license with my new address nor can I apply for an enhanced driver's license
because under the current federal regulations, it would revert to my old
identity - which would be very inaccurate and confusing to people looking to
match the person in front of them with the person listed on the ID, not to
mention it would be emotionally devastating for me. If Trump had won the
election, I wouldn't be able to wait it out either because my license would
need to be renewed within his second term.

Also, these are legitimate things for someone like myself to fear! Asking
someone to discount this level of institutionalized discrimination just because
they haven't ye personally experienced a specific scenario, in my humble
opinion, is not a fair point to make. Any decent human being should be
concerned with institutionalized discrimination, racism, division of the
populus, etc. Would you say to a black man, in this day and age, "you
shouldn't worry about systemic racism because you personally have been lucky
enough to avoid it?" It's the same thing - and people's feelings are valid.
People's feelings are important. It's natural to "feel upset" if your
government creates laws that discriminate against you for who you are. Feeling
angry about that is the right way to feel - and taking action to combat that
disrimination is also the right thing to do. "Liberty and Justice For All."
--- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
* Origin: Battlestar BBS : battlestarbbs.dyndns.org (1:129/165)

From: Angela Walker (1:129/165)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 05:26
Re: Weakling
Re: Re: Weakling
By: Bryan Handfield to Angela Walker on Sat Oct 31 2020 10:55 pm

> -=[ On 10-31-20 19:12, Angela Walker wrote to Dennis Katsonis below: ]=-
> -=[ Re: Re: Weakling ]=-
>
> Hi Angela Walker!
>
> AW> in the middle of a pandemic, not to mention women's rights. Roe vs.
> AW> Wade? Gone, just a matter of time. Regardless of how you feel about
> AW> abortion, I submit that taking away the right of every woman to make
> AW> that decision for herself after decades of the status quo represents a
> What about the rights of the unborn as a human being?
>
> Cheers,
> Bryan
> bhandfield(at)me(dot)com
>
> ... Bart, stop pestering Satan!!!
I do not personally believe the rights of the unborn baby should ever usurp the
right of the grown human being to make that choice for herself. I understand
that dives into a much deeper philosophical realm wherein you and I have
different beliefs as well - for instance I believe in reinacrnation so by my
belief system the baby's soul would simply exit the body and ultimately be
reborn somewhere else. But that's a can of worms I don't mean to open - let's
just agree to disagree on all of that and limit the scope of the dispute to the
applicable law. Here's what clinches it for me: There are lots of people who
feel one way and think abortion should be absolutely illegal, often even in
cases of rape, incest, even when the mother's life is put in immediate danger
and the only way to save her is to abort the fetus. Then you have a lot of
people who feel, like I do, that each individual should be given the freedom to
weigh the decision for themselves and consider their own circumstances. One
side of that argument wants to force their beliefs onto everyone else, whereas
the other side wants to allow for freedom of choice. That makes it clear to me
which side the law should take. We're talking about what's legal here, not
what's moral. Abortion may be immoral but so is infidelity and it's not
illegal. Saying hateful things to someone to make them feel bad is immoral but
not illegal - unless you threaten violence, etc. This is one of those
situations, again IMO, where the law should allow more freedom than does
morality. Folks who believe abortion is wrong in any context have every right
to teach their children this lesson, live by their own moral code, etc. but the
law should allow for multiple points of view to exist and be legal.

Hey, I know that you and I are never going to agree on this and if it makes you
feel any better I'm not advocating abortion. I believe it should be reserved
as a last-resort option for extreme situations myself but I really don't like
government legislating away an individual freedom - any freedom. For instance
I don't approve of or advocate recreational drug use, but I do believe we
should stop prosecuting all non-violent drug crimes and eliminate the
whole idea of a "possession charge" entirely. We should redirect all that
funding from the war on drugs to education aimed at abuse prevention and
efforts to help people who have a problem. We should also examine people's
motivation for wanting to use drugs but that's a much longer-term set of
changes to make over the long run - decades most likely. Again, I don't think
that people should use recreational drugs, but they should have the personal
freedom to make that decision for themselves - and to get help without
consequence or shame if they make a mistake. I'm getting off on a tangent now
so I'll cut myself off now, before I upset more people Smile
--- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
* Origin: Battlestar BBS : battlestarbbs.dyndns.org (1:129/165)

From: Angela Walker (1:129/165)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 05:38
Re: Weakling
Re: Re: Weakling
By: Aaron Thomas to Bryan Handfield on Sun Nov 01 2020 06:09 pm

> BH> What about the rights of the unborn as a human being?
>
> You make a great point! But also, what about the rights of the father? I kno
> a handful of fathers angry about having their child terminated without their
> consent.
>
For what it's worth, I do too. My partner is a man who rasied two children
with an ex-wife. He said the beginning of the end with her was when she
decided to get an abortion. Apparently she didn't even tell him it was
happening until after she'd done it.

You make a good point. I believe it should ultimately be the woman's decision
but any decent woman should heavily weigh her partner's opinion as well when
making that decision.
--- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
* Origin: Battlestar BBS : battlestarbbs.dyndns.org (1:129/165)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 10:04
Re: Weakling
On 13 Nov 20 05:16:03, Angela Walker said the following to Lee Lofaso:

AW> Good point. And nobody on the pro-choice side is advocating "an abortion
AW> clinic" on every street corner, but more than one in the entire State would
AW> nice! Texas?? Abortion is, and should remain, a rarity - but I cannot sup
AW> making it illegal for everyone because half the people believe it's wrong 1
AW> of the time.

It is only my observation - and nothing more - That Planned Parenthood
appears to make an industry out of abortion. What should be viewed as a
last-resort choice for a woman is instead something to profit from and tends
to have a very racially-charged motif.

Do not engage with Lee the troll too much, you'll waste precious time
and bytes you'll never get back.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 10:15
Re: Weakling
AW> of the big issues that come up. Imagine if all Americans, for example, cou
AW> log onto a special government website and vote on key issues like which

I've seen an issue placed on a ballot before. It was concerning a road
project. I thought that was great how the people were able to decide on it,
rather than having some elected official do what they want.

But this was a rare occurrance. It was in 2012 I think. Why not put all major
issues on ballots? I like your idea too, but it sounds too techie for
people who are not internet-literate.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Fri, 13.11.20 10:16
Re: Weakling
On 13 Nov 20 05:07:21, Angela Walker said the following to Lee Lofaso:

AW> our current system is far from perfect. I wish we all got to vote on far m
AW> of the big issues that come up. Imagine if all Americans, for example, cou
AW> log onto a special government website and vote on key issues like which
AW> proposed COVID stimulus package to pass (or whether to pass one at all for

LOL. This and other utopian fantasies such as healthcare-for-all all depend on
one common flawed theme; that being the trust in big government to be able to
run and administer such services efficiently; for a country of what? 320+
million people?

The infrastructure and deployment that would be required is astronomical not
to mention the cost and the obvious distrust of cybersecurity implications.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
* Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)

From: Angela Walker (1:129/165)
To: All
Date: Tue, 17.11.20 18:41
Re: Weakling
Re: Re: Weakling
By: Dennis Katsonis to Angela Walker on Mon Oct 19 2020 06:25 am

> -=> Angela Walker wrote to Dennis Katsonis <=-
>
> AW> Re: Re: Weakling
> AW> By: Dennis Katsonis to Lee Lofaso on Tue Sep 08 2020 09:16 am
>
> AW> I can list a few ways that Trump being president has tangibly and
> AW> negatively affected my life in a real way!
> AW> Under Obama, LGBT individuals such as myself had federal legal
> AW> protections against discrimination. LGBT students could feel safe in
> AW> public - they could use public restrooms without fear of legal action
> AW> being taken against them - something that should be a basic human right
> AW> for all Americans. LGBT employees had federal non-discrimination
> AW> protections. Transgender persons could participate in the Armed
> AW> Services. I could go on. Thanks to Trump, all of that has been
> AW> reversed and then some. He's actually gone as far as to legally
> AW> "disappear" transgender people by redefining gender in the legal
> AW> context as an un-changeable binary determined by a doctor's glance at
> AW> birth that can never be changed or modified on any legal documents
> AW> recognized by his government. While I haven't been arrested for using
> AW> a public restroom nor have I been discharged from service or fired
> AW> because of who I am, knowing that those are the rules of the land has
> AW> profoundly affected my psyche and self-esteem. I feel vastly less-safe
> AW> as an LGBT American than I did under Obama - I feel at-risk when I go
> AW> to work, when I go shopping, when I pay my bills, when I fill out
> AW> forms, and very much so when I see a doctor or seek any sort of medical
> AW> care. When Trump was elected, I knew it would be bad for LGBT Americans
> AW> but he's done more to hurt us than I'd even imagined. His words when he
> AW> asked the Supreme Court to rule that LGBT Americans have no legal
> AW> protections against discrimination - and lost the case - "It's
> AW> unfortunate. It's very unfortunate." So I have to live with knowing
> AW> that the leader of my country believes it's very unfortunate that he
> AW> couldn't officially legalize discrimination against people like myself.
> AW> ... and now that he's installed his pet, Amy, into the Supreme Court,
> AW> that decision is likely to be overturned - along with dismantling the
> AW> Affordable Care Act that protects 30 million Americans with health care
> AW> in the middle of a pandemic, not to mention women's rights. Roe vs.
> AW> Wade? Gone, just a matter of time. Regardless of how you feel about
> AW> abortion, I submit that taking away the right of every woman to make
> AW> that decision for herself after decades of the status quo represents a
> AW> monumental step backwards in terms of personal rights and freedoms -
> AW> well, rights not pertaining to straight white men, that is. But I'm
> AW> getting off-topic so I'll return to my premise and conclude that yes,
> AW> my life is much worse than it was when Obama was in charge. I think
> AW> that actually applies to the vast majority of Americans, as COVID does
> AW> not represent an anomoly - it's not an external event that has nothing
> AW> to do with Trump's leadership as he'd like you to think - it's a direct
> AW> result of his empowerment! Consider this: China tried to hide the SARS
> AW> outbreak of 2008 just as they tried t hide COVID but American agents
> AW> and the CDC played a major role in exposing the truth in time to stem
> AW> the spread. However in 2019, the president of the United States was
> AW> praising China's leadership and even in early 2020 he was on TV
> AW> commending China's efforts in dealing with the virus - assuring us it
> AW> was not threat to America. Forget everything he's done to hamper the
> AW> efforts to get the virus under control since it exploded in America...
> AW> I submit that it's the fault of himself and his global influence that
> AW> this thing ever got out of control worldwide in the first place! He's
> AW> done a 180 on China by calling it the "China virus," well I say we call
> AW> it the "Trump virus!" To that end, Trump has made all of our lives SO
> AW> much worse, worldwide! --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
>
> I worry greatly that people will use their feelings to impact others.
> We see people being cancelled, being fired because of how people "feel".
> I have a real problem with this. I have a problem with action taken
> against others because some people think that this or that could happen.
>
> That is why I asked for tangible and real outcomes. Because its easy to
> say that this or that changes makes me feel bad. But does it impact
> you? Is there anything more to it than you fear and how you feel about
> it?
>
>
> If as a result of Trump, you were fired, denied a job, attacked, lost
> out financially, whatever, I can understand. That is what I wanted to
> know, and why I asked.
>
> You yourself admitted that these things you fear haven't actually
> happened.
>
>
> ... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
> === MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.29

I've had a few days to think about this, and I'd like to revise my reply -
because the truth is I've been incredibly lucky compared to so many of my LGBT
brothers and sisters.

Suggesting with "these things you fear haven't actually happened [to you]"
somehow invalidates or reduces the legitimacy of the original concern is not
valid. In the case of a government ruling that amounts to institutionalized
discrimination, the ruling itself constitutes (legitimate) injury to the
individual! These are situations in which fear and disgust on the part of the
citizens is the correct response. Something is wrong when one side is saying
"Don't pay attention to how you FEEL. If it hasn't happened to you personally,
don't think about it - and don't consider it when going out and making
decisions." This really amounts to "disregard your conscience," or in the
words of so many Trump supporters, "F*** YOUR FEELINGS." Perhaps if it doesn't
feel right, if that part of you that knows right from wrong is clawing at the
back of your mind, PERHAPS IT REALLY IS WRONG.

Dr. Martin Luther King said - and I paraphrase because I don't have the quote
in front of me, "We all begin to die on the day that we remain silent on that
which matters to us."
--- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
* Origin: Battlestar BBS : battlestarbbs.dyndns.org (1:129/165)

From: Dennis Katsonis (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Wed, 18.11.20 12:49
Re: Weakling
-=> Angela Walker wrote to Dennis Katsonis <=-

AW> Re: Re: Weakling
AW> By: Dennis Katsonis to Angela Walker on Mon Oct 19 2020 06:25 am

> -=> Angela Walker wrote to Dennis Katsonis <=-
>
> AW> Re: Re: Weakling
> AW> By: Dennis Katsonis to Lee Lofaso on Tue Sep 08 2020 09:16 am
>
> AW> I can list a few ways that Trump being president has tangibly and
> AW> negatively affected my life in a real way!
> AW> Under Obama, LGBT individuals such as myself had federal legal
> AW> protections against discrimination. LGBT students could feel safe in
> AW> public - they could use public restrooms without fear of legal action
> AW> being taken against them - something that should be a basic human right
> AW> for all Americans. LGBT employees had federal non-discrimination
> AW> protections. Transgender persons could participate in the Armed
> AW> Services. I could go on. Thanks to Trump, all of that has been
> AW> reversed and then some. He's actually gone as far as to legally
> AW> "disappear" transgender people by redefining gender in the legal
> AW> context as an un-changeable binary determined by a doctor's glance at
> AW> birth that can never be changed or modified on any legal documents
> AW> recognized by his government. While I haven't been arrested for using
> AW> a public restroom nor have I been discharged from service or fired
> AW> because of who I am, knowing that those are the rules of the land has
> AW> profoundly affected my psyche and self-esteem. I feel vastly less-safe
> AW> as an LGBT American than I did under Obama - I feel at-risk when I go
> AW> to work, when I go shopping, when I pay my bills, when I fill out
> AW> forms, and very much so when I see a doctor or seek any sort of medical
> AW> care. When Trump was elected, I knew it would be bad for LGBT Americans
> AW> but he's done more to hurt us than I'd even imagined. His words when he
> AW> asked the Supreme Court to rule that LGBT Americans have no legal
> AW> protections against discrimination - and lost the case - "It's
> AW> unfortunate. It's very unfortunate." So I have to live with knowing
> AW> that the leader of my country believes it's very unfortunate that he
> AW> couldn't officially legalize discrimination against people like myself.
> AW> ... and now that he's installed his pet, Amy, into the Supreme Court,
> AW> that decision is likely to be overturned - along with dismantling the
> AW> Affordable Care Act that protects 30 million Americans with health care
> AW> in the middle of a pandemic, not to mention women's rights. Roe vs.
> AW> Wade? Gone, just a matter of time. Regardless of how you feel about
> AW> abortion, I submit that taking away the right of every woman to make
> AW> that decision for herself after decades of the status quo represents a
> AW> monumental step backwards in terms of personal rights and freedoms -
> AW> well, rights not pertaining to straight white men, that is. But I'm
> AW> getting off-topic so I'll return to my premise and conclude that yes,
> AW> my life is much worse than it was when Obama was in charge. I think
> AW> that actually applies to the vast majority of Americans, as COVID does
> AW> not represent an anomoly - it's not an external event that has nothing
> AW> to do with Trump's leadership as he'd like you to think - it's a direct
> AW> result of his empowerment! Consider this: China tried to hide the SARS
> AW> outbreak of 2008 just as they tried t hide COVID but American agents
> AW> and the CDC played a major role in exposing the truth in time to stem
> AW> the spread. However in 2019, the president of the United States was
> AW> praising China's leadership and even in early 2020 he was on TV
> AW> commending China's efforts in dealing with the virus - assuring us it
> AW> was not threat to America. Forget everything he's done to hamper the
> AW> efforts to get the virus under control since it exploded in America...
> AW> I submit that it's the fault of himself and his global influence that
> AW> this thing ever got out of control worldwide in the first place! He's
> AW> done a 180 on China by calling it the "China virus," well I say we call
> AW> it the "Trump virus!" To that end, Trump has made all of our lives SO
> AW> much worse, worldwide! --- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
>
> I worry greatly that people will use their feelings to impact others.
> We see people being cancelled, being fired because of how people "feel".
> I have a real problem with this. I have a problem with action taken
> against others because some people think that this or that could happen.
>
> That is why I asked for tangible and real outcomes. Because its easy to
> say that this or that changes makes me feel bad. But does it impact
> you? Is there anything more to it than you fear and how you feel about
> it?
>
>
> If as a result of Trump, you were fired, denied a job, attacked, lost
> out financially, whatever, I can understand. That is what I wanted to
> know, and why I asked.
>
> You yourself admitted that these things you fear haven't actually
> happened.
>
>
> ... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
> === MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.29

AW> I've had a few days to think about this, and I'd like to revise my
AW> reply - because the truth is I've been incredibly lucky compared to so
AW> many of my LGBT brothers and sisters.

AW> Suggesting with "these things you fear haven't actually happened [to
AW> you]" somehow invalidates or reduces the legitimacy of the original
AW> concern is not valid. In the case of a government ruling that amounts
AW> to institutionalized discrimination, the ruling itself constitutes
AW> (legitimate) injury to the individual! These are situations in which
AW> fear and disgust on the part of the citizens is the correct response.
AW> Something is wrong when one side is saying "Don't pay attention to how
AW> you FEEL. If it hasn't happened to you personally, don't think about it
AW> - and don't consider it when going out and making decisions." This
AW> really amounts to "disregard your conscience," or in the words of so
AW> many Trump supporters, "F*** YOUR FEELINGS." Perhaps if it doesn't
AW> feel right, if that part of you that knows right from wrong is clawing
AW> at the back of your mind, PERHAPS IT REALLY IS WRONG.

AW> Dr. Martin Luther King said - and I paraphrase because I don't have the
AW> quote in front of me, "We all begin to die on the day that we remain
AW> silent on that which matters to us."

I did read your previous reply, and this one.

The clarify, I am NOT saying that feelings are not real and are to be
disregarded. What people feel is indeed real. I do not subscribe to the
argument that a particular feeling or perception is automatically evidence of a
wrongdoing. It can be, but not necessarily.

There is a step in between, and that is to translate perception (how one feels
their environment is), to an objective, empirical observation. If I fear
something, but I am unable to level any definite charge against anyone, then
what? We also have to ascertain the source of the fear. I know that the media
creates a climate of fear, which if the level of fear stirred up is not
warranted, places the media in blame, not the agent the media is saying is the
problem.

Now with regards to your personal circumstances, I wasn't trying to discount
your feelings, but rather trying to get to the actual events which are the
problem. If someone is scared of me, but I don't do anything to them, then
what can I do? I can't do anything to alleviate it!

That is the way I work. I've dealt with being lied about, where someone simply
used their "feelings" as evidence to try to undermine me professionally. They
refused (couldn't) actually bring up anything which justified their opionion,
they used the fact they had their opinion as evidence that it was warranted.
Circular reasoning, but when people fall for this logical fallacy, injustice
results.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Tue, 24.11.20 10:50
Re: Weakling
On 13 Nov 2020, Angela Walker said the following...

AW> LGBT students could feel safe
AW> public - they could use public restrooms without fear of legal acti
AW> being taken against them - something that should be a basic human r
AW> for all Americans.

Kaitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner) did not have any problem choosing a
bathroom of his/her choice when visiting Trump Tower, why should you?

AW> Services. I could go on. Thanks to Trump, all of that has been
AW> reversed and then some. He's actually gone as far as to legally
AW> "disappear" transgender people by redefining gender in the legal
AW> context as an un-changeable binary determined by a doctor's glance
AW> birth that can never be changed or modified on any legal documents
AW> recognized by his government.

Throughout the Campaign for Donald Trump for President, there was massive
support for and from the LGBT community, so I have no idea what your talking
about.

AW> > AW> and now that he's installed his pet, Amy, into the Supreme Cour
AW> > AW> that decision is likely to be overturned - along with dismantling t
AW> > AW> Affordable Care Act that protects 30 million Americans with health

Wrong, the Affordable Care Act continues still today, the mandate was removed
that said that the Government will charge you a fee for not having Health Care
was removed.

I have worked for Maximus the organization that administers the ACA for the
New York State Marketplace. It is a horrible organization that does not have it
together, people coming and going as if it is a revolving door.
Plans within the ACA are bronze, silver, gold. platinum and catastrophic care.
Which is a complete joke who can afford $ 600.00 to $ 900.00 a month for health
care? The Affordable Health Act is not so affordable.

Remember the Obama promise / Lie?
Like your Doctor, you can keep your doctor. You will be saving $2500.00 a year.

AW> my life is much worse than it was when Obama was in charge. I think
AW> that actually applies to the vast majority of Americans, as COVID d
AW> not represent an anomoly - it's not an external event that has noth
AW> to do with Trump's leadership as he'd like you to think - it's a di
AW> result of his empowerment! Consider this: China tried to hide the S
AW> outbreak of 2008 just as they tried t hide COVID but American agent
AW> and the CDC played a major role in exposing the truth in time to st
AW> the spread. However in 2019, the president of the United States was
AW> praising China's leadership and even in early 2020 he was on TV
AW> commending China's efforts in dealing with the virus

Wrong he was not commending China's efforts with the virus, he was commending
them for buying American product from U.S. farmers.

AW> was not threat to America. Forget everything he's done to hamper t
AW> efforts to get the virus under control since it exploded in America
AW> I submit that it's the fault of himself and his global influence th
AW> this thing ever got out of control worldwide in the first place! He
AW> done a 180 on China by calling it the "China virus," well I say we
AW> it the "Trump virus!" To that end, Trump has made all of our lives
AW> much worse, worldwide! --- SBBSecho

Were you asleep when the U.S.S. Comfort was sent to New York Harbor by the
order of the President. Along with another hospital ship that was sent to
the west coast by the same Presidential order.
Along with makeshift hospitals were constructed that provided hundreds of
hospital beds throughout NYC? That were never utilized.

Well there it is a Covid vaccine from Pfizer.
That will be available a lot sooner then what the leftist media has said.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has scheduled a meeting of its Vaccines
and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) on Dec. 10 to
discuss the request for emergency use authorization (EUA) of a COVID-19
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
vaccine from Pfizer, Inc. in partnership with BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH.

With the latest information found on the web at
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/counterterrorism-and-em
erging-threats/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19#new

. ______ ?????????Ŀ ????????Ŀ ???????Ŀ ?????????????????Ŀ


/ 00????00'-????00???00?٨???00??00?٨???00?00?٨????00????????00????

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A44 2020/02/04 (Windows/64)
* Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)

ABOUT

This forum contains echomail areas hosted on Nightmare BBS You can browse local echomail areas, italian fidonet areas and a selection of international fidonet areas, reading messages posted by users in Nightmare BBS or even other BBSs all over the world. You can find file areas too (functional to fidonet technology). You can browse echomail areas and download files with no registration, but if you want to write messages in echomail areas, or use fidonet netmail (private messages with fidomet technology), you have to register. Only a minimal set of data is required, functional to echomail and netmail usage (name, password, email); a registration and login with facebook is provided too, to allow easy registration. If you won't follow rules (each echomail areas has its own, regularly posted in the echomail), your account may be suspended;

CONTACT