Fidonet Portal

From: Grant Taylor (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 16.02.20 23:37
Re: Is there an updated version of os2 available?
From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>

On 2/16/20 5:02 PM, David Wade wrote:
> Would this work on a  PC Server 500 with P390 card...

I am using ArcaOS with my P/390-E card.

I expect that it will also work with the P/390 card.

I can't speak for the PC Server 500. — I don't recall if the PC Server
500 is MCA or PCI. Nor do I know how well ArcaOS will support MCA. —
I do know that (older versions of) IBM OS/2 would run just fine on MCA
machines.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

From: David Wade (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 19.02.20 05:20
Re: Is there an updated version of os2 available?
From: David Wade <g4ugm@dave.invalid>

On 17/02/2020 18:37, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 2/16/20 5:02 PM, David Wade wrote:
>> Would this work on a  PC Server 500 with P390 card...
>
> I am using ArcaOS with my P/390-E card.
>
> I expect that it will also work with the P/390 card.
>
> I can't speak for the PC Server 500.  —  I don't recall if the PC Server
> 500 is MCA or PCI.  Nor do I know how well ArcaOS will support MCA.  — I
> do know that (older versions of) IBM OS/2 would run just fine on MCA
> machines.

its MCA. I might give it a try...
.... but it wont be for a while...
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2