Fidonet Portal

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 01.06.20 19:01
Re: Nodelist Flags
Hi August,

On 2020-06-01 18:56:19, you wrote to me:

WvV>> But that doesn't mean you can put whatever you like in
WvV>> there. It should serve a purpose to the function of the
WvV>> nodelist. BBS connectivity for users doesn't qualify.

AA> What purpose does U,MOB serve if not to advertise "hey folks.. i own a
cell
AA> phone.. but you won't find any useful technical info for your mailer."

Your absolutely right. And that is why this flag is controversial...

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Paul Hayton (3:770/100)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 03.06.20 10:27
Re: Nodelist Flags
On 31 May 2020 at 12:33p, Wilfred van Velzen pondered and said...

Wv> I wanted to give a controverial example (without making it personal),
Wv> why you don't want to allow anything in the userflags. Apparently my
Wv> example was controverial enough to make my point...

Gotcha... all noted. Thanks Wilfred.

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Paul Hayton (3:770/100)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 03.06.20 10:27
Re: Nodelist Flags
On 31 May 2020 at 10:20p, Alexey Vissarionov pondered and said...

AV> Forget of it. Immediately and forever.
AV> The nodelist is for Fidonet nodes, not for BBSes.

Hi Alexey, thanks for your feedback.

Best, Paul

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Paul Hayton (3:770/100)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 03.06.20 10:27
Re: Nodelist Flags
On 31 May 2020 at 11:30p, Alexey Vissarionov pondered and said...

AV> ,U,BBS:ssh://bbs@some.host.name:22

Thanks for your suggestions.

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Paul Hayton (3:770/100)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 16.06.20 09:54
Re: Nodelist Flags
On 15 Jun 2020 at 01:46p, Jeff Smith pondered and said...

JS> JS> Since a FTN nodelist is used to facilitate the interconnecting of
JS> JS> mailers and not BBS's. I am thinking that a BBS list might be a bette
JS> JS> place to use such a flag. Just my thought on the subject.
JS>
JS> Sorry, second thought. I can see where a nodelist might be a convenient
JS> place to use such a flag. But... I don't see it as the proper place since
JS> the flag's use isn't FTN mailer related but BBS related.

Yep thanks Jeff.. all good thoughts. I agree.

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)