Fidonet Portal

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Thu, 21.02.19 19:55
Re: Vote
Re: Re: Vote
By: Ward Dossche to Ozz Nixon on Tue Feb 19 2019 09:06 pm

WD> Ozz,

ON>> ----------------------------------------------
ON>> | Name | Node nr | Yes| No |
ON>> |----------------------|-------------|----|----|

WD> If you don't understand what you're doing here nor the documents you're
WD> supposed to help maintain as a potential FTSC-member, then perhaps now is
WD> a good time to still step out of the process.

WD> On top of that, Andrew Leary's messages were pretty straightforward and
WD> easy to understand ... and follow.

I think he got confused between the direction in R13SYSOP and here.

Ozz, we vote in R13SYSOP and Mike Luko makes our collective vote here. He
posted he will do that about 1 March for RC13.

xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 09:22
Re: Vote
Carol,

CS> I think he got confused between the direction in R13SYSOP and here.

If he gets confused by something as basic then he shouldn't be in the FTSC for
starters ... now "that" is stuff for one to come confused about ...

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99 SR41
* Origin: Ceci n'est pas un courriel (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 09:29
Re: Vote
Carol,

CS> We have enough folks on the FTSC who can tag politics. Even I agree, we
CS> beed some folks who can write some code and understand implicatons of it.

The FTSC is not about politics at all, it is not about one's ability to code
otherwise I'd have to wonder why JoHo isn't in-there (and others). It's not
about balancing the zones, it's not about someone disliking someone else ...

It's about writing and maintaining a technical library. It's functioning now
hinges on a small subset of the membership and if one day these people quit,
then that is it. No more FTSC then.

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 18:09
Re: Vote
Re: Re: Vote
By: Ward Dossche to Carol Shenkenberger on Fri Feb 22 2019 08:29 am

WD> It's about writing and maintaining a technical library. It's functioning
WD> now hinges on a small subset of the membership and if one day these people
WD> quit, then that is it. No more FTSC then.

I know what it is Ward. I referred to some of the skill sets that are handy to
have to make it go well.

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 23.02.19 09:40
Re: Vote
Ozz,

ON> Posted incorrectly via NNTP client. Has been corrected via netmail to my
ON> RC. Thank you for your *polite* responce for my mistake. [Uhhmmm..Ward]

1) I've been too long in this business to beat around the bushes.

2) The best communication is the direct-one, no room for interpretation.

3) I don't think it was an involuntary posting.

From: Ozz Nixon (1:275/362)
To: All
Date: Sun, 24.02.19 02:19
Re: Vote
On 2019-02-23 14:40:18 +0000, Ward Dossche -> Ozz Nixon said:

> 3) I don't think it was an involuntary posting.

Well it was... a copy from FTSC_PUBLIC (the first vote posted), and pasted (so
I thought) into my R13SYSOP window... obviously, it either copies the
"Newsgroups: FTSC_PUBLIC" header too. So, even though the GUI "Newsgroups:"
field said R13SYSOP, it brought in the posted detail - which was not visible.

I have tested it twice since, and have not reproduced it. Otherwise, you would
have seen my post to Mike in Netmail in FTSC_PUBLIC... so I am honestly stumped
what I did wrong. But, no spilt milk - no nuclear codes published... ;-/

O.

--- FMail-W32 2.0.1.4
* Origin: Modern Pascal, LLC. (1:275/362.0)

From: Ozz Nixon (1:275/362)
To: All
Date: Sun, 24.02.19 02:22
Re: Vote
On 2019-02-23 08:45:49 +0000, Paul Quinn -> Ward Dossche said:

> I did it just the other week to Z3C but fortunately one's "intention"
> doesn't translate to awkward text in a post. What was intended to be a
> netmail unleashed itself as an echomail post.
>
> I believe Ozz when he says it was accidental.

Thanks for pointing out you also had the problem... I am not sure if it was
JAMNNTPD, Unison, or SeaMonkey's NNTP client. (I have been bouncing between
desks, testing clients, helping two other sysops get familiar with SeaMonkey
and JAMNNTPD... they are going to start off as points when they are
comfortable).

From: Paul Hayton (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.03.19 20:09
Re: Vote
On 03 Mar 2019 at 09:28p, Paul Hayton pondered and said...

PH> Region 57 votes:
PH>
PH> +----------------------+-------------+----+----+
PH> | Name | Node nr | Yes| No |
PH> |----------------------+-------------+----+----+
PH> | Carol Shenkenberger | 1:275/100 | X | |
PH> | Andrew Leary | 1:320/219 | X | |
PH> | mark lewis | 1:3634/12 | X | |
PH> | Richard Menedetter | 2:310/31 | X | |
PH> | Ozz Nixon | 1:275/362 | X | |
PH> | Nick Andre | 1:229/426 | X | |
PH> +----------------------+-------------+----+----+
PH>
PH> Best, Paul

Best, Paul

--- E:avon@bbs.nz ------ W:bbs.nz ---
--- K:keybase.io/avon --------------

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Andrew Leary (1:320/219)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.03.19 07:24
Re: Vote
Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Andrew Leary:

MvdV> I was not aware there was a deadline for no-vote declarations...

True, although simply not submitting a ballot would (and did) have the same
effect.

There was also the option chosen by RC20, who abstained on all candidates.

Regards,

Andrew

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.7.12 (GNU/Linux-x86_64)
* Origin: Phoenix BBS * phoenix.bnbbbs.net (1:320/219)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.03.19 09:12
Re: Vote
-=> Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Andrew Leary > The sysops of R28 were consulted. It was decided to not
MvV>> cast a vote.

AL> This was posted after the deadline of 20:00 UTC on March 3, 2019 had
AL> already expired.

MvV> I was not aware there was a deadline for no-vote declarations...

There was not (a deadline) for that. There was also not a *NEED*
for such silliness. Hope this helps.

... Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.51
--- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:123/115)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Fri, 05.03.21 15:21
Re: Vote
Andrew,

AL> Hello Vincent!

I think you need to reject Vince Coen's vote.

It was not addressed to "Election Coordinator" as per the rules ...

Voters are requested to copy and paste the form below, mark a
cross for each candidate in the "yes" or the "no" column for all
candidates they wish to cast a vote for and post it in FTSC_PUBLIC
addressed to "Election Coordinator with a subject of "Vote".

Smile ... OK, never mind, it's gonna be week-end ... Smile

\%/@rd

--- DB4 - Feb.19 2021
* Origin: Hou het veilig, hou vol. Het komt allemaal weer goed (2:292/854)