Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:387/22)
To: All
Date: Sun, 23.09.12 18:15
jNode Project
23 Sep 12 01:16, Richard Webb wrote to Roy Witt:

RWebb>> Then there's the "blast from the past" article that ROy posted in
RWebb>> Fidonews yesterday. Miscreants can still do such things using
RWebb>> unsecured links.

Roy>> Especially if there's a need for such a blast...I can call upon
Roy>> Brent for a re-hash if you like. I think he's still in contact with
Roy>> his good old ex-partner for a back up...not having a session
Roy>> password at a certain node in sveden would be the proper test site
Roy>> for that.

RW> Dig it! I'm sure he could "git 'r done."
RW> IN fact, sure he could. My granddad's family was from the
RW> mOberly area in fact.

Session passwords and secure packets aren't a way to stop DOS, It's how
many sessions one allows at a time and how many DOS computers are used in
an attempt to breach that setting. Even if there's a handshake password
required, the target system will be working overtime in an attempt to shut
out all unwanted session requests. Brent and Geno would have a field day
with that.

Hmmmm.

R\%/itt

... Mark Owen: "Hey, did you ever hear anything about that beer?
... Fellow SEAL: "You believed that shit, I bet you voted for change too,
... SUCKER."

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC and D'Bridge 3.82
* Origin: Lone Star Unit - Gulf States Backbone (1:387/22)