Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Webb (1:116/901)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.09.12 20:15
jNode Project
Hello Michiel,

On Sat 2012-Sep-22 17:49, Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555) wrote to Bj||rn
Felten:

BF> Mea Culpa. I normally don't recommend session passwords. It's an
BF> outdated habit IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), that no longer serves any
BF> important purpose in fidonet.

MvdV> Have you forgotten that I got a mail bomb in April this year? I
MvdV> wrote an article about it...

Yes, rather well done imho.

MvdV> Passwords stil have a function. Sad, but true.

YEs it is. Any connection of the type which is routine in
FIdonet should be secured imho. YOu don't get a regular
link with me unless there are session and packet passwords
in place.

Then there's the "blast from the past" article that ROy
posted in fIdonews yesterday. mIscreants can still do such
things using unsecured links.

Regards,
Richard
---