Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sat, 27.02.21 14:20
Anyone heard from Rick Ekstrom?
>> So far no luck, but perhaps he will stop by the bbs and check out this echo

> Thanks for the reply Janis. So simply keeping some traffic in an echo isn't
> enough to keep it alive? Sorry - fidonet newbie here.

No problem Smile

Traffic is important but so is keeping the echo on what we call the Echolist.

The Echolist is a list of echo 'tag names' or agreed upon area names that
sysops may use when say they first set up their bbs, or when they need to
reinstall bbs software. Not all of the Zones in Fidonet use the Zone 1 (North
American) Echolist, but it is an international list for the most part.

> Btw - thank you for the fidogazette publication - one of the first things I
> ever read on Fidonet.

You are very welcome, thank you for your comment Smile Speaking of which, I
should get a FidoGazette out shortly - Life gets a little crazy over here some
weeks.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5