Fidonet Portal

From: DAVID WILLIAMS (1:250/514)
To: All
Date: Mon, 14.04.08 19:38
The last of the thre
-> As far as I know the Baltic Sea is fresh water only. The mix between fresh
-> and saltwater is at the south, somewhere between Sweden and Poland I
-> guess and there isn't much tidal here either.
-> Where exactly did you swim in the Baltic Sea?

Off the coast of Denmark, south of Copenhagen. That's close to the
straits that lead to the ocean. I tasted the water. It was distinctly
salty, but not as much so as "normal" seawater.

The Baltic has almost no tides, but the North Sea has quite large ones.
So large amounts of water flow to and fro through the straits.

dow
* Origin: The Bayman BBS,Toronto, (416)698-6573 - 1:250/514 (1:250/514)