Fidonet Portal

From: Joe Delahaye (1:249/303)
To: All
Date: Sat, 23.06.12 13:48
a neat little test of utf-8
Re: a neat little test of utf-8
By: Maurice Kinal to Dale Shipp on Sat Jun 23 2012 05:21:23

> There is no such thing as "extended ASCII". It is bogus. 8 bit characters
> yes, "extended ASCII" no. It is that simple.

Of course there is. Extended ASCII has been around for years.

> DS> e.g. Bj.rn, jalape.o, saut., ., etc.
>
> Hm. Looks to be jibberish. If indeed you are using cp437 then it should
> convert to; "Björn, jalapeño, sauté, ¼, etc." But then how would any
> app know for sure?

His message displayed properly on my system. Your quote of it and your attempt
at correcting it, are both gibberish here.
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)