Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38.9)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.06.12 06:19
just checking
Hey Dale!

DS> Its WIKI, you cannot expect it to be 100% accurate.

Ah! Probably good advice about any web page these days. As long as ascii
still works as advertised then it really doesn't matter does it?

DS> pointed you to a reference that listed the codes

But that only lists cp437 and isn't what I asked you about. I've been aware of
those codes for quite some time now, just like you, except unlike you never
really needed or used them. Certainly never believed them to be a standard,
nevermind some acceptable form of ASCII any more than any other codepage.
ASCII is ASCII and there is no such thing as extended ASCII or high ASCII or
any other ASCII other than actual ASCII. I highly doubt there ever will be
either.

DS> If you have some other agenda, it doesn't matter to me.

Excellent. This way I won't have to confer with you about agendas.

DS> Most likely, they are the folks that forced Semware to change the
DS> name on their editor -- trademark infringment.

I saw something about it on one of the hits but not much detail about who was
behind it. Up to recently, I thought the HP-UX version was a port and wasn't
sure what happened to it since back then. Apparently quite a bit.

Anyhow, looks to be a solid editor from what I saw in your original reply ...
not that it matters any ... unless of course it does. It might matter to
somebody.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Это всё для меня греческий язык.
--- GNU bash, version 4.2.28(2)-release (x86_64-core2-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Pointy Stick Society (1:261/38.9)