Fidonet Portal

From: PaulRS (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Mon, 06.01.20 22:15
Corrupt Extended Attributes
From: "PaulRS"

I have a Thumb-Drive to which I can no longer save any files as it
complains that the "Extended Attributes file is corrupt." Is there
any way to either work around this or fix the EA file?

Paul
--

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Marcel Mueller (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 08.01.20 04:14
Re: Corrupt Extended Attributes
From: Marcel Mueller

Am 07.01.20 um 04:15 schrieb PaulRS:
> I have a Thumb-Drive to which I can no longer save any files as it
> complains that the "Extended Attributes file is corrupt." Is there
> any way to either work around this or fix the EA file?

Normally chkdsk should fix this.

If not and if you don't care about EAs on this volume, you can simply
delete the EADATA.SF file. (Note: you cannot do this from OS/2 and the
file name contains spaces somewhere)

Marcel
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Marcel Mueller (1:396/4)