Fidonet Portal

From: Grant Taylor (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Thu, 14.11.19 22:02
OS/2 Warp 4 not moving past NAPS.
From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>

I'm running into an odd issue installing OS/2 Warp 4 into QEMU VMs.

The install is stalling at / not progressing past "Installing Network
Adapters and Protocol Services" (NAPS). NAPS makes it to 100%, but the
install never goes beyond that.

The VM is still running and has not locked up. The mouse still moves,
the spinners in the install GUI are still spinning, and OS/2 respond
gracefully to Control-Alt-Delete.

I've got six different QEMU VMs on two different systems doing this.
I've tried with different emulated NIC types (AMD PC-Net & Realtek 8139
& none), different Adapter Drivers (NIC specific & IBM NULL MAC),
connected and disconnected.

I've never seen anything like this.

I previously did a quite similar install in QEMU but using PCI
passthrough to connect an IBM Token Ring NIC to OS/2 and that seemed to
install without problems. (Admittedly, the errors on boot about the
driver not properly loading because the TR NIC is not currently
connected to a MAU. But the install did complete and reboot without
errors or stalling.Wink

Does anybody have any ideas?

--
Grant. . . .