Date: Sun, 18.07.21 17:50
Echo rules changes
I have made a few small changes to the echo rules as listed below. I just
clarifed that computer emulators are on topic and added a CYAWP abut emulator
=== Cut ===
The Fidonet CLASSIC_COMPUTER Echo Rules
Updated 18 July 2021
Moderator: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
This echo is for the enjoyment of "retrocomputing". Any computer system,
be it a mainframe all the way down to a tiny T/S 1000, is on-topic here
as long as it is not currently being manufactured. All topics directly
pertaining to such systems are on-topic, including OS emulators.
By your participation in this echo, you agree to the following rules:
* Real names are required to be used in this echo. No aliases. If
your BBS software will not allow you to toggle between real name and
alias in the message header, sign your message with your full real name.
* Be friendly. Agree to disagree. Don't flame or argue in this echo.
If you must do so, please take it to netmail or somewhere else.
* Do not discuss anything illegal concerning technology in this echo. The
discussion of ROMs for emulators is allowed but if there is any doubt about
the legality of obtaining such ROMs, please don't discuss that in here.
The same goes for operating systems.
* English is the main language of the echo since this is the moderator's
native tongue. You may post a message in your native tongue as long
as there is a comprehensible English translation in the same message.
* No blatently off-topic posts, such as BBS ads, "test" messages,
messages about politics or religion, et cetera. The moderator
reserves the right to make the final decision if a message is on-
* Please don't gate this echo to USENET, a mailing list, another BBS
mail network, an online Fidonet mail archive, or anything else
without the moderator's express and written permission. This is
a Fidonet echo and needs to stay in Fidonet.
* This echo does not recognize any local or regional echomail policy,
such as EP1, and originates from zone 1.
* The moderator has the final say in dealing with problems in the echo.
If you have something to say about a moderator's action, please
contact him via netmail (preferred) or email.
* This is a living document and will be adjusted as needed.
* This document will be posted on the 1st and 15th of each month.
* Please don't hesitate to contact the moderator with any questions
about this document.
Thank you for your participation in CLASSIC_COMPUTER!
-- Sean Dennis
=== Cut ===
</moderator message ends>
--- GoldED/2 3.0.1
* Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)