Fidonet Portal

From: Dan Richter (1:317/3)
To: All
Date: Wed, 09.06.21 13:00
ES Picture of the Day 09 2021
EPOD - a service of USRA

The Earth Science Picture of the Day (EPOD) highlights the diverse processes
and phenomena which shape our planet and our lives. EPOD will collect and
archive photos, imagery, graphics, and artwork with short explanatory
captions and links exemplifying features within the Earth system. The
community is invited to contribute digital imagery, short captions and
relevant links.

Comet NEOWISE in July of 2020

June 09, 2021

Inbound224745794316291604

Photographer: Andrea Zappia
Summary Author: Andrea Zappia

Featured above is Comet NEOWISE as observed from Rocca la Meja,
Italy, on July 22, 2020. In order to capture this view I spent the
night at an altitude of 8,850 ft (approximately 2700 m), equipped with
photographic gear and a tent and a sleeping bag. The camera is facing
toward the north-northwest. This long period comet won’t appear
again until some 6000 years from now. Note NEOWISE’s double
tail and reflection off the lake's still waters.

Photo details: To photograph Neowise, I took a single shot with 15
seconds exposure at ISO 3200.

Rocca la Meja, Italy Coordinates: 44.416667, 7.333333

Related EPODs

Comet NEOWISE in July of 2020 The Relativistic Jet of M87
Battle of the Moons Star Trails Overhead the Statue of Mother
M4 Globular Star Cluster - The Golden Globular Star Trails
Viewed from Inside a Cave
More...

Night Sky Links

* Space Weather Live
* Space Weather Live Forum
* About the Moon
* American Meteor Society
* Arbeitskreises Meteore e.V.
* Global City Lights
* Heavens Above Home Page
* The International Meteor Organization
* Lunar and Planetary Institute
* MoonConnection
* NASA Eclipse Web Page
* Understanding The Moon Phases

-
Earth Science Picture of the Day is a service of the Universities
Space Research Association.

https://epod.usra.edu
--- up 4 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes
* Origin: -=> Castle Rock BBS <=- Now Husky HPT Powered! (1:317/3)