Fidonet Portal

From: LEE WESTLAKE (2:250/6)
To: All
Date: Fri, 05.03.21 09:37
How to get a registered copy
Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get a registered copy of the latest version?

The company which owns the game doesn't appear to maintain their mail/site
any more Sad

Best Regards

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (2:250/6)

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sun, 07.03.21 13:00
Re: How to get a registered copy
BY: LEE WESTLAKE(2:250/6)

|11LW|09> |10Does anyone know where I can get a registered copy of the
latest|07
|11LW|09> |10version?|07
|11LW|09> |07
|11LW|09> |10The company which owns the game doesn't appear to maintain
their|07
|11LW|09> |10mail/site|07
|11LW|09> |10any more :(|07
|11LW|09> |07
|11LW|09> |10Best Regards|07
There is a javascript rewrite of the game that might be an alternative.

--- WWIV 5.7.0.3446
* Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:2023 (1:218/109)

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: All
Date: Sun, 07.03.21 17:00
Re: How to get a registered copy
Re: Re: How to get a registered copy
By: Matt Munson to Lee Westlake on Sun Mar 07 2021 12:00:32

> |11LW|09> |10Does anyone know where I can get a registered copy of the
latest|07
> |11LW|09> |10version?|07
> |11LW|09> |07
> |11LW|09> |10The company which owns the game doesn't appear to maintain
their|07
> |11LW|09> |10mail/site|07
> |11LW|09> |10any more :(|07
> |11LW|09> |07
> |11LW|09> |10Best Regards|07
> There is a javascript rewrite of the game that might be an alternative.

all these pipe codes in your quotes look like absolute total shit on non-pipe
code systems... just so you know...

)\/(ark
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)

From: LEE WESTLAKE (2:250/6)
To: All
Date: Mon, 08.03.21 01:32
Re: How to get a registered copy
Thanks for the info Matt; do you know where I can get/purchase a copy from?

Best Regards

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (2:250/6)

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sun, 07.03.21 17:37
Re: How to get a registered copy
BY: mark lewis(1:3634/12)

|11ml>|09 |10all these pipe codes in your quotes look like absolute total shit
on|07
|11ml>|09 |10non-pipe code systems... just so you know...|07
I guess I'll submit a bug-report or feature request to the wwiv maintainer.
Maybe it could be toggleable by message base like Non colored quoting.

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sun, 07.03.21 20:17
Re: How to get a registered copy
BY: LEE WESTLAKE(2:250/6)

|11LW|09> |10Thanks for the info Matt; do you know where I can get/purchase a
copy|07
|11LW|09> |10from?|07
Unless you use a key gen, it might be ideal to just run the javascript clone.

From: LEE WESTLAKE (2:250/6)
To: All
Date: Mon, 08.03.21 13:08
Re: How to get a registered copy
Again, thanks for the info Matt.

I won't use a key-gen until it's officially acknowledged as abandonware.

However, I think I've found another solution altogether: BBSLink. Not only
does this save me a lot of config headaches, it also allows players to
interact with people on other BBS systems.

Best Regards

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (2:250/6)

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Mon, 08.03.21 17:05
Re: How to get a registered copy
Am 08.03.21 schrieb LEE WESTLAKE@2:250/6 in LORD:

Hallo LEE,

LW> However, I think I've found another solution altogether: BBSLink. Not only
LW> does this save me a lot of config headaches, it also allows players to
LW> interact with people on other BBS systems.

This is really a nice service that I'm also using for my BBS and where I'm
playing LORD Smile
Especially the fact that there are really some people playing via this
service makes it interesting and a good choice for multiplayer games.

Regards,
Anna

--- OpenXP 5.0.49
* Origin: Imzadi Box Point (2:240/5824.1)

From: LEE WESTLAKE (2:250/6)
To: All
Date: Mon, 08.03.21 17:49
Re: How to get a registered copy
AC> Hallo LEE,

Hi Anna, hope you are well.

AC> This is really a nice service that I'm also using for my BBS and where
AC> I'm playing LORD Smile
AC> Especially the fact that there are really some people playing via this
AC> service makes it interesting and a good choice for multiplayer games.

I absolutely agree: LORD was designed to be multiplayer and this provides the
perfect platform for small BBS systems like mine. Who knows, you may get a
chance to kill my Death Knight soon Smile

Incidentally, having emailed Mark Mearns recently, he informs me that "Trade
Wars 2002" will be unavailable until an alternate Windows server can be
sourced (BBSLink is run on a Linux stack).

Best Regards

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (2:250/6)

From: Kevin Miller (1:267/585.1)
To: All
Date: Tue, 20.04.21 23:15
Re: How to get a registered copy
Hey LEE...

** 05.03.21 - 08:37, LEE WESTLAKE wrote to All:

> Does anyone know where I can get a registered copy of the latest
> version?

If you're still looking to register LORD, LORD2, or Planets you still can.

Reach out to William Hughs, the keeper of the code, at
bill@playnetwebhosting.com. Registered all 3 last may. He respnded to my
email quickly.

-k

Salutations from Rochester, NY...

---
* Origin: Point KnightMare, Rochester, NY (1:267/585.1)

From: LEE WESTLAKE (2:250/6)
To: All
Date: Fri, 21.05.21 15:13
Re: How to get a registered copy
KM> If you're still looking to register LORD, LORD2, or Planets you still
KM> can.
KM>
KM> Reach out to William Hughs, the keeper of the code, at
KM> bill@playnetwebhosting.com. Registered all 3 last may. He respnded to my
KM> email quickly.

Thanks Kevin, very much appreciated Smile

Best Regards

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (2:250/6)

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Tue, 08.06.21 18:47
Re: How to get a registered copy
Am 20.04.21 schrieb Kevin Miller@1:267/585.1 in LORD:

Hallo Kevin,

KM> If you're still looking to register LORD, LORD2, or Planets you still can.

KM> Reach out to William Hughs, the keeper of the code, at
KM> bill@playnetwebhosting.com. Registered all 3 last may. He respnded to my
KM> email quickly.

That's good to hear! Do you know how he is connected to the games?
I've searched a little through some web pages but could not find his name
in connection to the games.

Thank you!

Regards,
Anna

--- OpenXP 5.0.50
* Origin: Imzadi Box Point (2:240/5824.1)