Fidonet Portal

From: Dan Richter (1:317/3)
To: All
Date: Thu, 03.06.21 13:00
ES Picture of the Day 03 2021
EPOD - a service of USRA

The Earth Science Picture of the Day (EPOD) highlights the diverse processes
and phenomena which shape our planet and our lives. EPOD will collect and
archive photos, imagery, graphics, and artwork with short explanatory
captions and links exemplifying features within the Earth system. The
community is invited to contribute digital imagery, short captions and
relevant links.

Sunrise and Sunset Skies

June 03, 2021

2021 March 12 - Pismo Beach Sunrise after Storm

Teresa_iridiscent cloud

Photographers: Cindy Todd; Teresa Molinaro

Summary Author: Cindy Todd

While hiking on the Ontario Ridge Trail in Pismo Beach,
California, I observed the beautiful sunrise featured above. It had
been stormy for two days before I snapped this picture, but since the
rain had stopped overnight, I decided to take a little hike and was
glad I did as I was rewarded with a stirring sunup. Photo taken on
March 12,2021.

Bottom photo showing an i ridescent sunset was captured from the
terrace of my home in Bagheria, Italy, as mid-level clouds approached
the Sun. Photo taken on February 5, 2021.

Pismo Beach, California Coordinates: 35.1428, -120.6413

Bagheria, Sicily Italy Coordinates: 38.0789, 13.5124

Related EPODs

Sunrise and Sunset Skies Strong Storms Over the Olympic
Mountains Surprise on the Tyrrhenian Sea Belt of Venus and
Earth’s Shadow Observed from Saint-Ve'ran, France Omega Sun over
South Padre Island, Texas Circular Rainbow Viewed from the Tower of
Viterbo Airport, Italy
More...

Atmospheric Effects Links

* Atmospheric Optics
* Color and Light in Nature
* The Colors of Twillight and Sunset
* Refraction Index
* Image Gallery: Atmospheric Effects
* What is a Rainbow?

-
Earth Science Picture of the Day is a service of the Universities
Space Research Association.

https://epod.usra.edu
--- up 3 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes
* Origin: -=> Castle Rock BBS <=- Now Husky HPT Powered! (1:317/3)