Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Tue, 25.05.21 12:01
A new pup :)
Yesterday our yellow lab mix died from Cancer, we knew this was coming but it
sure didn't make it any easier. Indy (http://www.filegate.net/gallery/pups/ima
ges/000_1286.JPG) was over 13 years old and we are glad he is now without pain
and suffering.

We going to meet a new pup this evening, a female german shepherd, Gia. She's
too young for adoption right now, but I'm looking forward to cuddling tonight
Smile

Take care,
Janis
--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: All
Date: Tue, 25.05.21 14:40
Re: A new pup :)
-=> Janis Kracht wrote to All <=-

JK> Yesterday our yellow lab mix died from Cancer, we knew this was coming
JK> but it sure didn't make it any easier. Indy
JK> (http://www.filegate.net/gallery/pups/ima ges/000_1286.JPG) was over 13
JK> years old and we are glad he is now without pain and suffering.

I'm so sorry. Cancer is how I lost Felix also.

JK> We going to meet a new pup this evening, a female german shepherd, Gia.
JK> She's too young for adoption right now, but I'm looking forward to
JK> cuddling tonight Smile

I'm sure Indy would approve!

Later,
Sean

... Never program and drink beer at the same time.
--- MultiMail/Linux
* Origin: Outpost BBS * Johnson City, TN (1:18/200)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Tue, 25.05.21 16:01
Re: A new pup :)
Hi Sean!

>> Yesterday our yellow lab mix died from Cancer, we knew this was coming
>> but it sure didn't make it any easier. Indy
>> (http://www.filegate.net/gallery/pups/images/000_1286.JPGWink was over 13
>> years old and we are glad he is now without pain and suffering.

> I'm so sorry. Cancer is how I lost Felix also.

Yes, I remember. How hard it is to lose a loved pet... Sad I still cry every
time I think of the pain he must have felt through it all. Our vet is great
and gave me painkillers for Indy but at the end, Indy wouldn't even eat them Sad

>> We going to meet a new pup this evening, a female german shepherd, Gia.
>> She's too young for adoption right now, but I'm looking forward to
>> cuddling tonight Smile

> I'm sure Indy would approve!

Thank you Sean!

Take care,
Janis
--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Thu, 27.05.21 00:32
Re: A new pup :)
Janis,

JK> Yesterday our yellow lab mix died from Cancer, we knew this was coming
JK> but it sure didn't make it any easier. Indy
JK> (http://www.filegate.net/gallery/pups/ima ges/000_1286.JPG) was over 13
JK> years old and we are glad he is now without pain and suffering.

Been there, done that. Pets are like one of the family, and to some folks,
their pets are their kids. At least they can run around naked and have their
pictures taken, without someone saying that's pornography. Razz

JK> We going to meet a new pup this evening, a female german shepherd, Gia.
JK> She's too young for adoption right now, but I'm looking forward to
JK> cuddling tonight Smile

Depeneding on the breed, they can be hard to housebreak and stubborn
(dachshunds). But, once they get to know their owners, they're very loyal.

As for him dropping dead critters in the floor, he felt he had to "earn
his keep". Our cat would do the same with birds and rodents.

Daryl

... Press any key to continue...no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:19/33)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sun, 30.05.21 14:25
Re: A new pup :)
Hi Daryl,

>> Yesterday our yellow lab mix died from Cancer, we knew this was coming
>> but it sure didn't make it any easier. Indy
>> (http://www.filegate.net/gallery/pups/ima ges/000_1286.JPG) was over 13
>> years old and we are glad he is now without pain and suffering.

> Been there, done that. Pets are like one of the family, and to some folks,
> their pets are their kids. At least they can run around naked and have their
> pictures taken, without someone saying that's pornography. Razz

Yes, they are. He was certainly like one of "the kids"... and a goofy one
sometimes at that...

We still have his sister here, Sophie, she'll probably outlive both Ron and I
<grin>.

>> We going to meet a new pup this evening, a female german shepherd, Gia.
>> She's too young for adoption right now, but I'm looking forward to
>> cuddling tonight Smile

> Depeneding on the breed, they can be hard to housebreak and stubborn
> (dachshunds). But, once they get to know their owners, they're very loyal.

Yes, some dogs are hard to housebreak, then others are so easy to train. Our
last shephard was extremely easy to train. She was a female like Gia so I
don't expect any problems with Gia with her training. Boy I don't know why I
dislike the name Gia so much, but I do. I can't wait to get her here so I can
come up with a name that "fits" her Smile

> As for him dropping dead critters in the floor, he felt he had to "earn
> his keep". Our cat would do the same with birds and rodents.

hehe.. we had a cat once that ate all the wildlife in our area... he only left
a little tuft of fur, likely the end of the tail Sad

Take care,
Janis
--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Sun, 30.05.21 15:17
Re: A new pup :)
Janis,

JK> Yes, they are. He was certainly like one of "the kids"... and a goofy
JK> one sometimes at that...

They will listen to your complaints, and kiss you (better make sure they
didn't lick certain areas beforehand Razz Wink, and never complain about you
taslking too much.

JK> We still have his sister here, Sophie, she'll probably outlive both Ron
JK> and I <grin>.

And probably wonder "who's going to feed me??". Razz

JK> Yes, some dogs are hard to housebreak, then others are so easy to
JK> train. Our last shephard was extremely easy to train. She was a female
JK> like Gia so I don't expect any problems with Gia with her training.
JK> Boy I don't know why I dislike the name Gia so much, but I do. I can't
JK> wait to get her here so I can come up with a name that "fits" her Smile

Have a poll in the FIDOGazette for a name. Smile

JK> hehe.. we had a cat once that ate all the wildlife in our area... he
JK> only left a little tuft of fur, likely the end of the tail Sad

The cat sees the bottom of their food bowl in a small circle hole in
the middle of their food dish (which is surrounded by food). Then, they
are on the phone to the SPCA, saying you're starving them to death.

Daryl

... I don't drink and drive, but I swig at stoplights.

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sun, 30.05.21 22:50
Re: A new pup :)
Hi Daryl,

>> Yes, they are. He was certainly like one of "the kids"... and a goofy
>> one sometimes at that...

> They will listen to your complaints, and kiss you (better make sure they
> didn't lick certain areas beforehand Razz Wink, and never complain about you
> taslking too much.

I think more importantly they seem to know when you need that kiss Smile

>> We still have his sister here, Sophie, she'll probably outlive both Ron
>> and I <grin>.

> And probably wonder "who's going to feed me??". Razz

haha.. sounds like a dog for sure Smile

>> Yes, some dogs are hard to housebreak, then others are so easy to
>> train. Our last shephard was extremely easy to train. She was a female
>> like Gia so I don't expect any problems with Gia with her training.
>> Boy I don't know why I dislike the name Gia so much, but I do. I can't
>> wait to get her here so I can come up with a name that "fits" her Smile

> Have a poll in the FIDOGazette for a name. Smile

Nah, I'll take a look at her first Smile Smile

>> hehe.. we had a cat once that ate all the wildlife in our area... he
>> only left a little tuft of fur, likely the end of the tail Sad

> The cat sees the bottom of their food bowl in a small circle hole in
> the middle of their food dish (which is surrounded by food). Then, they
> are on the phone to the SPCA, saying you're starving them to death.

haha Smile

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Mon, 31.05.21 00:43
Re: A new pup :)
Janis,

> They will listen to your complaints, and kiss you (better make sure they
> didn't lick certain areas beforehand Razz Wink, and never complain about you
> taslking too much.

JK> I think more importantly they seem to know when you need that kiss Smile

This is true. That's actually a begging instinct, though...and the
"humping" is a "dominance move" (they are the alpha male or female...not
you <G>). Yet, in one meme, the husband is across from his wife in the
living room. She's scowling at him, and he thinks to himself (as the dog
is humping his leg) "At least someone wants to have sex with me". <G>

> And probably wonder "who's going to feed me??". Razz

JK> haha.. sounds like a dog for sure Smile

The cats are even worse. Centuries ago, the Egyptians worshipped the
cats...and the felines never forgot it. <G>

JK> Nah, I'll take a look at her first Smile Smile

Just don't call her late for dinner...just like us humans. <G>

> The cat sees the bottom of their food bowl in a small circle hole in
> the middle of their food dish (which is surrounded by food). Then, they
> are on the phone to the SPCA, saying you're starving them to death.

JK> haha Smile

I've got a lot of cat memes over here.

Daryl

... Deliver a pizza? Whoever heard of a liver pizza?