Fidonet Portal

From: Grant Taylor (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 02.05.20 23:39
Personally Safe and Sound (PSnS)
From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>

Does anyone have any experience with Personally Safe and Sound (a.k.a.
PSnS) backup on OS/2 Warp?

I'm looking at backup solutions for an OS/2 Warp 4.52 system and
wondering what options are out there. It looks like most of the network
backup applications from the NetWare / Windows / Unix world don't
overlap with OS/2. Sad

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

From: Dave Yeo (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.05.20 00:02
Re: Personally Safe and Sound (PSnS)
From: Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com>

On 05/03/20 10:39 AM, Grant Taylor wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Personally Safe and Sound (a.k.a.
> PSnS) backup on OS/2 Warp?
>
> I'm looking at backup solutions for an OS/2 Warp 4.52 system and
> wondering what options are out there. It looks like most of the network
> backup applications from the NetWare / Windows / Unix world don't
> overlap with OS/2. Sad

A lot of people are simply using a combination of zip for volumes that
seldom change and rsync for volumes that do often change.
Dave
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2