Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Tue, 31.07.12 17:17
FidoGazette Vol 6 No 14 August 1st, 2012 Page: 4
From the CATS_MEOW Echo.
A Good End to a Move!

by Janis Kracht, 1:261/38, janis@filegate.net

Most of you probably have heard that in mid-July we moved our
household from Windsor, NY to Slaterville Springs, NY.

During the weekend of the move, three of our cats escaped to the
outdoors. I wasn't so worried about this since the cats have
been going inside and outside pretty much since we got them Smile I
sure wanted to know where they were, but wasn't so afraid of
them not returning for the 'final ride to the new house'.

At some point during the move, I nabbed Lulu and so she was the
first to arrive with the pups at the new house.. Lola and Leo
took off, as did Lizzy.. I think I saw Lizzy living with
someone else as a matter of fact

Anyway, after the initial move that weekend we went back to the
house in Windsor just about every day, trying to entice Lola and
Leo to get in the darn cat cage Smile Or come out of hiding so we
could grab them and stick them in the cage Smile

No luck.. that went on for about 1 week, maybe 1 1/2 weeks..
Somewhere in there I WAS able to grab Lola by first giving her
tons of catnip, then tempting her with cat food.. Whoosh.. I
grabbed her and got her in the cat carrier.. Leo refused to
come out and just hid further under the house Sad

We went back to Windsor abut 5 more times.. the last time there
was no sign of Leo at all.. I knew I was going to need some
help catching him since he'd obviously returned to his original
'feral' nature. He was probably terrified by all the changes
around him and I also remembered he was the most skittish of the
litter when we got them.

I contacted the Animal Care Council in our area and pleaded with
them for assistance.. the companies who do trap 'wild' animals
like raccoons, etc. around here won't deal with cats or dogs so
I knew I couldn't count on those companies..

The ACC contacted my neighbor (who I'd spoken with about this)
and showed him how to set the trap for Leo.. how great it was
that my neighbor was going to do this for us!!! Another week
went by.. no signs of Leo anywhere..

Well, finally today I got a phone call from my neighbor in
Windsor.. Leo was in the cage!!!

You can bet my neighbor will be getting a gift, as well as the
ACC getting a large donation Smile

We'll get him home probably tonight.. I figure it's going to be
a little bit of a shock to him when he gets here Smile

FIDOGAZETTE Vol 6 No 14 Page 4 August 1, 2012

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)