Fidonet Portal

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Fri, 09.04.21 21:10
Fidonet Since 1991
I'm selebrating 30 years of providing Fidonet BBS access since 1st foing
online in 1991. Traffic is hardly existant but a few faithful callers are
keeping Doc's Place BBS online. It's hard to believe it's been 30 years!

bbs.docsplace.org or bbs.fidosysop.org I'll leave the light on for y'all! Smile

... Fidonet Via News Reader BBS.DOCSPLACE.ORG
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Fri, 09.04.21 21:15
RE: Fidonet Since 1991
On Apr 09, 2021 07:10pm, ED KOON wrote to ALL:

EK> I'm selebrating 30 years of providing Fidonet BBS access since 1st foing
EK> online in 1991. Traffic is hardly existant but a few faithful callers
EK> are keeping Doc's Place BBS online. It's hard to believe it's been 30
EK> years!

EK> bbs.docsplace.org or bbs.fidosysop.org I'll leave the light on for
EK> y'all! Smile

Forgot to say, special thanks to Janis Kracht for her super reliable backbone
feed. Beat mais hub sing Ross Cassell threw in the hat!

From: Anna Christina Nass (2:240/5824.1)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.04.21 19:58
Re: Fidonet Since 1991
Am 09.04.21 schrieb ED KOON@1:123/140 in FIDONEWS:

Hallo ED,

EK> I'm selebrating 30 years of providing Fidonet BBS access since 1st foing
EK> online in 1991. Traffic is hardly existant but a few faithful callers are
EK> keeping Doc's Place BBS online. It's hard to believe it's been 30 years!

Congratulations to 30 years of BBSing! Smile
And now on to the next 30 years ;)

Regards,
Anna

--- OpenXP 5.0.49
* Origin: Imzadi Box Point (2:240/5824.1)

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.04.21 16:50
Re: Fidonet Since 1991
On Apr 10, 2021 07:18pm, ANNA CHRISTINA NASS wrote to ED KOON:

EK>> I'm selebrating 30 years of providing Fidonet BBS access since 1st foing
EK>> online in 1991. Traffic is hardly existant but a few faithful callers
EK>> are keeping Doc's Place BBS online. It's hard to believe it's been 30
EK>> years!

ACN> Congratulations to 30 years of BBSing! Smile
ACN> And now on to the next 30 years ;)

I ditched the dial up lines in 1998 and went telnet and web access. Been a
good run since then. Wildcat V5 with the internet connect pack. Runs for
months unattended under W10 pro.

Long live BBSing. No CIA FBI spying and tracking like in social media today!

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.04.21 20:58
RE: Fidonet Since 1991
On Apr 10, 2021 06:29pm, AUGUST ABOLINS wrote to ED KOON:

EK>> Long live BBSing. No CIA FBI spying and tracking like in
EK>> social media today!

AA> That is ofcourse if the messages are not exposed to the net via
AA> the webby interfaces some BBSes have. :/

Mine accepts both http and telnet callers. Mail packets aretransfered by
Binkd. Don't think a non-encrypted system is much of a target these day. It's
possible with the way Wildcat handles access profiles totally secure messaging
is possible. That is if the conferencs are not gated to the net.

AA> I heard or read somewhere using the phrase:
AA> BBSing: More social. Less media.

That's a good saying!

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.04.21 11:46
RE: Fidonet Since 1991
Hi Ed,

>> I'm selebrating 30 years of providing Fidonet BBS access since 1st foing
>> online in 1991. Traffic is hardly existant but a few faithful callers
>> are keeping Doc's Place BBS online. It's hard to believe it's been 30
>> years!

Congratulations, that is neat, Ed!

I remember the day my son convinced me to convert one of my spare development
systems to a BBS system. I think it was '95 or '97 - He wanted to play
"DOORS"... I didn't know what the heck they were then, so I asked some guys
online. Their response was not polite hahaha

>> bbs.docsplace.org or bbs.fidosysop.org I'll leave the light on for
>> y'all! Smile

> Forgot to say, special thanks to Janis Kracht for her super reliable backbone
> feed. Beat mais hub sing Ross Cassell threw in the hat!

Aw Ed, you are too kind... thank you for your comment, much appreciated!!

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Mauro Veiga (4:801/194)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.04.21 12:54
Re: Fidonet Since 1991
-=> Quoting Ed Koon to All <=-

EK> I'm selebrating 30 years of providing Fidonet BBS access since 1st
EK> foing online in 1991. Traffic is hardly existant but a few faithful
EK> callers are keeping Doc's Place BBS online. It's hard to believe it's
EK> been 30 years!
EK> bbs.docsplace.org or bbs.fidosysop.org I'll leave the light on for
EK> y'all! Smile

Amazing! Congrats! Smile

[]'s

??????????? Mauro R. Veiga ? abutre.no-ip.org:2323 ???????? * ??????

MeSSaGe SiTTeR 1.00 - Full Version
Live Long and Prosper

... * <- Tribble <- Cloaked Tribble
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30
--- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
* Origin: Ninho do Abutre 2 - Rio de Janeiro, Brasil * (4:801/194)

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Tue, 13.04.21 18:20
RE: Fidonet Since 1991
On Apr 13, 2021 09:45pm, LEE LOFASO wrote to ED KOON:

EK>> Forgot to say, special thanks to Janis Kracht for her super reliable
EK>> backbone feed. Beat mais hub sing Ross Cassell threw in the hat!

LL> Janis has always been helpful. Not only to sysops, but also to
LL> others who are not (still on probationary status). Would like to

LL> many others to mention. I know they are out there.

LL> OMG! Did Ross C. really kick the bucket? If so, may he RIP.
LL> And let's not forget about Wayne C. What stories he could tell.
LL> All true, as nobody could make anything up like that.

No he gave on on Fidonet. As far as I know he's active on Facebook political
groups. I've messaged him a time or two with no reply. With Fidonet Ross was a
big fish in a tiny pond. He's a minnow now in Facebok if that was him.

Wayne Chirnside, don't know whatever happened to him. Probably banned from
Facebook for life like so many other Fidonet defectees!

Life goes on!