Fidonet Portal

From: Dan Richter (1:317/3)
To: All
Date: Fri, 09.04.21 13:00
ES Picture of the Day 09 2021
EPOD - a service of USRA

The Earth Science Picture of the Day (EPOD) highlights the diverse processes
and phenomena which shape our planet and our lives. EPOD will collect and
archive photos, imagery, graphics, and artwork with short explanatory
captions and links exemplifying features within the Earth system. The
community is invited to contribute digital imagery, short captions and
relevant links.

Utah’s Great Salt Lake

April 09, 2021

Wiggins_GSL

Photographer: Patrick Wiggins
Summary Author: Patrick Wiggins

As I’m based out of Salt Lake City, Utah, I often fly my small
Cessna airplane around Utah’s Great Salt Lake and am always on
the lookout for scenes that strike my fancy. In this case, it was how
clouds and blue sky reflected off of the surface of the lake
that on this day appeared to be smooth as glass. The island in the
distance is Stansbury Island. Owing to the low lake level in
recent years, it’s become more of a peninsula than an island. In the
foreground are evaporation ponds used to extract salt. Photo
taken on January 17, 2021.
* Great Salt Lake, Utah Coordinates: 41.1158 -112.4768

Related EPODs

Utah’s Great Salt Lake Archive - Orange Mound Spring Soap
Lake, Washington Archive - Iguazu Falls Archive - Doda Fallet
EPOD 20th - Flash Flood on Cave Creek
More...

Hydrology Links

* Current Sea Surface Temperature
* NOAA Ocean Explorer Gallery
* Ocean Color
* What is hydrology?
* Tides and Currents
* Water Resources of the United States
* World Waterfall Database
* The USGS Water Science School
* World Water Database
* The World’s Water
* USGS Surface Water Information Pages

-
Earth Science Picture of the Day is a service of the Universities
Space Research Association.

https://epod.usra.edu

--- up 2 weeks, 22 hours, 10 minutes
* Origin: -=> Castle Rock BBS <=- Now Husky HPT Powered! (1:317/3)