Fidonet Portal

From: Dieter Schauf (2:2452/280)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.03.21 18:42
Hotdoged problem
Hello All.

I installed HotDogEd on a Samsung TAB 6. Since the update to Android 11, the
following error message appears when calling HotDogED:

HotdogED Fidonet Provider is definitely installed
The error persists even after a new installation.

On another tab 6, on which HotDoged has never been installed, HotdogEd works
after the installation.

Does anyone have any idea where to look?

regards, Dieter

... Win10/32 uptime 13 days, 23 hrs, 24 min (Schrat/W32)
--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC
* Origin: We are living in a box! (2:2452/280)

From: Charles Pierson (1:106/127)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.03.21 18:04
Re: Hotdoged problem
On 17 Mar 2021, Dieter Schauf said the following...
DS> I forgot to copy the error message from my mail. So the error message is:
DS>
DS> 'Waiting for date categories to be activated.
DS> If you haven't installed on yet, please visit Google Play and download
DS> NNTP or FTN category data provider.'
DS>
DS> sorry and regards, Dieter

I've seen that a few times. Try clearing your cache. It seemed to fix it for
me.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: theoasisbbs.ddns.net:1357 (1:106/127)

From: Denis Mosko (2:5064/54.1315)
To: All
Date: Sat, 20.03.21 15:00
Re: Hotdoged problem
Hello, Charles!

<<SNIP, talking about error>>
CP> I've seen that a few times. Try clearing your cache.
50/50.

News is what some source-codes from HotDodEd was stored to Antarctic store (ice
age?Wink Smile

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20120519 (Kubik 3.0)
* Origin: Jack Lakan says"'1972, 59-th m.film-lection (2:5064/54.1315)

From: Fernando Toledo (4:902/26)
To: All
Date: Sat, 20.03.21 15:28
Re: Hotdoged problem
El 20/3/21 a las 10:00, Denis Mosko escribio':
> News is what some source-codes from HotDodEd was stored to Antarctic store
(ice age?Wink

I hope the author of hotdog has an epiphany and publishes the source
code on github

Saludos!
--- SBBSecho 3.13-Linux
* Origin: Dock Sud BBS - http://bbs.docksud.com.ar (4:902/26)

From: Fernando Toledo (4:902/26)
To: All
Date: Sat, 20.03.21 15:29
Re: Hotdoged problem
El 17/3/21 a las 19:43, Dieter Schauf escribio':
> Hello Charles,
>
> 17 Mar 21 17:04, Charles Pierson wrote to Dieter Schauf:
>
> CP> On 17 Mar 2021, Dieter Schauf said the following...
>
> DS>> 'Waiting for date categories to be activated.
> DS>> If you haven't installed on yet, please visit Google Play and
> DS>> download
> DS>> NNTP or FTN category data provider.'
>
> CP> I've seen that a few times. Try clearing your cache. It seemed to fix
> CP> it for me.
>
> Unfortunately the problem remained Sad

it's a shame that being a pretty good program we can't fix some of its
errors