Fidonet Portal

From: VOICE News Service (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 28.08.19 08:05
General: Qt 5.13.0 in the works
From: VOICE News Service <cooannounce@os2voice.org>

++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++

From: silvan.scherrerDESPAM@DESPAMaroa.ch

Updating Qt to 5.13 in the works
/
Qt 5.13.0 is the latest version of Qt available at the moment. We have already
updated *Qt Base* to 5.13.0 and also made it compile and run on OS/2. Next
steps include:

* Port *Qt Tools* modules to OS/2 (contains translation and
documentation tools needed by some Qt-based projects)
* Port *Qt SVG* module to OS/2 (provides support for SVG graphics used
as UI elements in many Qt-based appluications)
* Fix some networking bugs
* Release a new beta version of Qt plus some popular applications

*Help and Support*
You will find a lot of useful information about Qt 5 for OS/2 on the Wiki
https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki> pages of the project's main
github repository. There you may also watch the progress of our work on this
port. Please read these pages carefully if you need any help or want to report
a problem.

*Sponsoring*
To be able to finish our goals we need *your support*. Please sponsor as much
as possible via our webshop
http://www.bitwiseworks.com/shop/index.php?id_product=56&controller=product&id_l
ang=1> or via our Patreon page http://www.patreon.com/bwwbitwiseworks>.

Qt 5.13.0 on OS/2