Fidonet Portal

From: Lee Lofaso (2:221/360)
To: All
Date: Fri, 01.01.21 07:23
DEMOCRAT HATE
Hello Grant,

> TR> How about these last few days, folks!
>
> LL> Too many guns. Too many sickos having guns, and shooting
> LL> them at other people.
>
> TR> A democrat `Bernie Sanders supporter-Rachael Maddow fan' goes off on
> TR> republicans practicing for a baseball game and starts shooting! Shades
> of TR> Black-lives-matter!
>
> LL> Bernie Sanders condemned the shooting, and said he never
> LL> met the man. Other politicians also condemned the shooting,
> LL> for obvious reasons.
>
> TR> Fortunately so far the only one killed was the shooter!
>
> LL> There was nothing fortunate about the shooting. It is something
> LL> that never should have happened in the first place. Had real
> LL> measures been enacted to make it impossible for such an idiot to
> LL> get hold of a gun then nobody would have gotten shot. And even
> LL> the shooter would still be alive, although probably in some
> LL> loony bin where he would best be forgotten.
>
> TR> Now all the democrat hypocrites will run to the nearest open mic and
> TR> denounce the Second Amendment rights.
>
> LL> It is not about Democrats or Republicans or Second Amendment rights.
> LL> It is about violence in America and what to do about it.
>
>Are guns used to protect people, property, land?

Guns are used, by people, to kill people. Sometimes themselves.

>Are guns shooting people, property, or land, or is it people with guns?

Guns are used, by people, to kill people. Sometimes themselves.

>Before guns were used, were swords, knives, arrows, and spears, protecting
> people, property, and land?

Before guns, other means were used, by people, to kill people.
Sometimes themselves. And still are, to this very day.

>I'm not sure violence is caused by guns, or any other tools/weapons I
> mentioned above.

I do not know of any other animal, other than man, who uses guns
as a means of violence against other people, as well as themselves.
Or knives, or sticks, or stones, etc.

>Violence is a terrible thing, but there is no stopping violence, the world
> of animals is based in what we define as voilence. It will be that way for
> the foreseable future of anmials.

But guns make it so much easier for people to kill each other.
As well as themselves.

--Lee

--
Be Stupid

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
* Origin: nntp://rbb.fidonet.fi - Lake Ylo - Finland (2:221/360.0)

From: Grant Weasner (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.01.21 23:15
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
Hi Lee,

-=> Lee Lofaso wrote to bbsing <=-

LL> Hello Grant,

> TR> Now all the democrat hypocrites will run to the nearest open mic and
> TR> denounce the Second Amendment rights.
>
> LL> It is not about Democrats or Republicans or Second Amendment rights.
> LL> It is about violence in America and what to do about it.
>
>Are guns used to protect people, property, land?

LL> Guns are used, by people, to kill people. Sometimes themselves.

Knives do kill people, by people, at people, and sometimes used to commit
suicide.

>Are guns shooting people, property, or land, or is it people with guns?

LL> Guns are used, by people, to kill people. Sometimes themselves.

But the gun doesn't kill the people. Guns are never the defendant in a trial,
nor are the knives, spears, or bullets.

>Before guns were used, were swords, knives, arrows, and spears, protecting
> people, property, and land?

LL> Before guns, other means were used, by people, to kill people.
LL> Sometimes themselves. And still are, to this very day.

>I'm not sure violence is caused by guns, or any other tools/weapons I
> mentioned above.

LL> I do not know of any other animal, other than man, who uses guns
LL> as a means of violence against other people, as well as themselves.
LL> Or knives, or sticks, or stones, etc.
Very few types of animals have hands.

That doesn't mean other animals are not violent and use tools, or their tools
to inflict death, or guard territory (bears, rams, lions, fish, ..etc).

We could get rid of hands and then people couldn't make guns.

I know of no animal that has used a car to kill themselves but cars are not
considered something to remove there access to from people, because they've
been used to kill, injure, murder, or commit suicide with.

>Violence is a terrible thing, but there is no stopping violence, the world
> of animals is based in what we define as voilence. It will be that way for
> the foreseable future of anmials.

LL> But guns make it so much easier for people to kill each other.
LL> As well as themselves.

The will of a person/animal kills people and animals.
The lessons people learn or don't learn make it easy.
I can't imagine suicide is easy, not at any stage of the process. Its sad to
even think about.

Its true gun as a tool only requires a small amount of force to use, and the
design is generally simple for most people to use, properly and improperly. But
a gun is just the tool they chose for the task. Its really sad it happens, but
its not the cause of suicide. Unfortunately people kill themselves with many
things.

I know so many people have lost loved ones to suicide. Its so sad For those who
have to carry on with the hurt, the pain, almost as if the person who committed
suicide, passed on the grief and pain they held to those who were left behind.
For those who carry on a new pain, a new lesson must mastered, and challenges
must be overcome. For the person that passed away their pain is over. I'm
really sorry for anyone who has lost someone to suicide or violence.

I don't have statistics to share, and I don't think it helps, but realize there
are so many people who protected their life, their property, their family using
guns, and the tool, the gun was probably their best option to overcome and
thwart their aggressor.

I see what you are saying. I realize the answer to the questions I've asked, we
all know the answers. Your statements although not answers to the ones to the
questions I asked, are not invalid or un-true, and they can't really be debated
for they are factual. They are all valid concerns.

My point is, there are many things in this world made by people, and things not
made by people that kill people and animals.

There is no illusion about this. No amount of words will create that illusion
into reality.

People need to focus on the cause of the problem, and that is violence,
depression, manipulation, scarcity, war, not the tool used for the violence.

I really like what the man Mahatma Gandhi did and stood for. He showed how
powerful the human will, the will of people could be, without violence.

I have a perspective about the constant violence all over everywhere displayed.
The lesson is violence is celebrated, its power is something to behold. It
flows from the top down through society. Its the wrong message and lesson. It
will no matter the tool, humans are powerful animals. I don't really like it,
and I can't escape it, none of us can escape it in a practical way, far more
than a majority of us would have to have the will and the disdain against
violence in our cultures to escape it, and not be subjected to it, subjected by
it!

We as a people, as an animal have a long long way to go before violence and
depression end.

I do see your perspective Lee.
I can't change your belief or oppinions about guns. If people all had the same
belief, about guns, these words in our messages wouldn't have passion behind
them, or the need for expression.

Lee, I wish the best for you.
If you are grieving, or lost someone to violence or suicide, by a gun, I'm
really sorry that happened, and i hope any grief or suffering you, your family,
friends have passes as quickly as possible.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/32)
* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (3:770/100)

From: Grant Weasner (3:770/100)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 19:26
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
Hi Lee,

-=> Lee Lofaso wrote to bbsing <=-

From: jimmylogan (1:261/20)
To: All
Date: Sat, 09.01.21 23:50
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
-=> Lee Lofaso wrote to Grant Weasner <=-

LL> Guns are used, by people, to kill people. Sometimes themselves.

Do you recognize that guns are used for other purposes too?

>I'm not sure violence is caused by guns, or any other tools/weapons I
> mentioned above.

>Violence is a terrible thing, but there is no stopping violence, the world
> of animals is based in what we define as voilence. It will be that way for
> the foreseable future of anmials.

LL> But guns make it so much easier for people to kill each other.
LL> As well as themselves.

True, and I want to keep mine for self defense, because it IS very much
the easist tool to stop a threat.

... When a man brings his wife a gift for no reason... there's a reason.
___ MultiMail/Mac v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/01/05 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Omicron Theta * Horn Lake MS * linux.winserver.org (1:261/20)

From: jimmylogan (1:261/20)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 20:55
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
-=> Lee Lofaso wrote to jimmylogan <=-

>LL>Guns are used, by people, to kill people. Sometimes themselves.
>
>Do you recognize that guns are used for other purposes too?

LL> Of course. Their main purpose is to kill.
LL> Usually by people. Using guns. To kill with.

Do you realize that most ammo shot is NOT to kill, nor even
to aim at people? There is an entire culture around guns
that includes target shooting, cowboy action shooting,
etc.

I've shot several thousand rounds over my years and never
EVER put a round into another person or even TOWARD another
person.

... A day without radiation is a day without sunshine.

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Mon, 11.01.21 06:10
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
Re: Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
By: jimmylogan to Lee Lofaso on Sun Jan 10 2021 07:55 pm

ji> I've shot several thousand rounds over my years and never
ji> EVER put a round into another person or even TOWARD another
ji> person.

That's true. Most gun owners and enthusiasts are responsible gun owners who
never used their guns to commit a crime or hurt anyone and we don't want them
to loose their right to enjoy their outdoors hobby.

It's unfortunate that not everyone owns/uses guns responsibly.

The big question is how to keep guns away from criminals and irresponsible
sorts, before they do some kind of damage.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... A problem can be found for almost every solution
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux

From: JIMMY ANDERSON (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Thu, 14.01.21 16:57
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
-=> Alan Ianson wrote to jimmylogan <=-

ji> I've shot several thousand rounds over my years and never
ji> EVER put a round into another person or even TOWARD another
ji> person.

AI> That's true. Most gun owners and enthusiasts are responsible gun owners
AI> who never used their guns to commit a crime or hurt anyone and we don't
AI> want them to loose their right to enjoy their outdoors hobby.

AI> It's unfortunate that not everyone owns/uses guns responsibly.

It's unfortunate that not everyone owns/uses cars responsibly either.
Drinking and driving? A very EASY thing NOT to do, but requires someone
to make a good decision.

AI> The big question is how to keep guns away from criminals and
AI> irresponsible sorts, before they do some kind of damage.

In my opinion, the the big question is how to disuade ANYONE from
doing some kind of damage, with any tool at their disposal...

I think the 'argument,' for lack of a better term, has centered
around firearms but the real problem is that some people are
going to choose to do evil and to do harm...

... User: the word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."
___ MultiMail/Mac v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/01/05 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Omicron Theta * Horn Lake MS * linux.winserver.org (1:116/18)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Thu, 14.01.21 18:06
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
Re: Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
By: Jimmy Anderson to Alan Ianson on Thu Jan 14 2021 03:57 pm

AI>> It's unfortunate that not everyone owns/uses guns responsibly.

JA> It's unfortunate that not everyone owns/uses cars responsibly either.
JA> Drinking and driving? A very EASY thing NOT to do, but requires someone
JA> to make a good decision.

Car ownership and gun ownership are two very different things. Drinking and
driving is against the law.

JA> In my opinion, the the big question is how to disuade ANYONE from
JA> doing some kind of damage, with any tool at their disposal...

Yes, some people give guns a bad name.

JA> I think the 'argument,' for lack of a better term, has centered
JA> around firearms but the real problem is that some people are
JA> going to choose to do evil and to do harm...

Yep, and guns make that real easy.

I am a gun enthusiast, I enjoy hunting and shooting and I am not going to walk
away from my guns. I do think the way some use guns to support their cause is
wrong. For example, armed people showing up downtown to demand this, that, or
the other thing.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... You don't get once-in-a-lifetime offers like this every day.
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux

From: Ron Lauzon (1:275/89)
To: All
Date: Fri, 15.01.21 11:22
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
-=> Alan Ianson wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

AI> I am a gun enthusiast, I enjoy hunting and shooting and I am not going
AI> to walk away from my guns.

Yet you are a shill for the group that wants to ban all guns.

Leftie's are the biggest hypoctites in the world.

... A cynic smells flowers and looks for the casket.
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 (1:275/89)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Fri, 15.01.21 10:05
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
Re: Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
By: Ron Lauzon to Alan Ianson on Fri Jan 15 2021 10:22 am

AI>> I am a gun enthusiast, I enjoy hunting and shooting and I am not
AI>> going to walk away from my guns.

RL> Yet you are a shill for the group that wants to ban all guns.

Where did you get the idea I want to ban all guns?

Your imagination?

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... No amount of planning will replace dumb luck
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux

From: Brian Klauss (1:104/116)
To: All
Date: Fri, 15.01.21 12:33
Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
Re: Re: DEMOCRAT HATE
By: Ron Lauzon to Alan Ianson on Fri Jan 15 2021 10:22 am

> Leftie's are the biggest hypoctites in the world.

How? Because we don't sit around sticking with one value system?

I'm not religious.
I believe in a God.
I don't think assault style rifles should be in the public domain.
I love shooting and own a number of guns.
I don't believe in abortion.
I will not deny someone the right to an abortion.

Do these beliefs make me a hypocrite? No. They demonstrate that I am open to
differing view. For example, I am socially liberal but fiscally conservative.
Again, does that make me a hypocrite?

If fitting in a box is what "Righties" (to coin your term) do, I'll stay
outside the box and color on it.
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
* Origin: Caught in a Dream - caughtinadream.com (1:104/116)