Fidonet Portal

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sun, 20.12.20 14:07
Edge isnt fun
Microsoft is thinking BBS utility programs are automatically unsafe.
I might need to download on Seamonkey.

--- WWIV 5.6.0.3368
* Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:2023 (1:218/109)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 20.12.20 20:33
Re: Edge isnt fun
On 20 Dec 20 13:07:13, Matt Munson said the following to All:

MM> Microsoft is thinking BBS utility programs are automatically unsafe.
MM> I might need to download on Seamonkey.

Huh? Example?

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sun, 20.12.20 20:22
Re: Edge isnt fun
BY: Nick Andre(1:229/426)

|11NA|09> |10Huh? Example?|07
|11NA|09> |07
I downloaded some of Al Lawrence's doors and its saying should you be running
this? Its not safe.

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Mon, 21.12.20 17:21
Re: Edge isnt fun
> I downloaded some of Al Lawrence's doors and its saying should you be running
> is? Its not safe.

I *think* he distributes them in EXE files that may be compressed. Maybe
it doesn't like that? I was able to download a bunch of them about a year
ago with no issues, but I was downloading them on a linux machine using
either firefox or chromium.

* SLMR 2.1a * Politically incorrect...and proud of it!!!
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)

From: Rob Swindell (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Mon, 21.12.20 17:55
Re: Edge isnt fun
Re: Re: Edge isnt fun
By: Matt Munson to Nick Andre on Sun Dec 20 2020 07:22 pm

> I downloaded some of Al Lawrence's doors and its saying should you be
> running this? Its not safe.

I downloaded and installed the Sunrise doors on Windows 10, no problem. Just
like with any other downloaded-exe file, you have to tell Windows you *really*
want to run it by clicking the "info" and then "run anyway" buttons.
--
digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #17:
David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and uh... and clever.

--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)

From: Matt Munson (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Tue, 22.12.20 21:52
Re: Edge isnt fun
BY: Rob Swindell(1:103/705)

|11RS|09> |10I downloaded and installed the Sunrise doors on Windows 10, no
problem.|07
|11RS|09> |10Just like with any other downloaded-exe file, you have to tell
Windows|07
|11RS|09> |10you *really* want to run it by clicking the "info" and then "run
anyway"|07
|11RS|09> |10buttons.|07
I hate when Windows treats intermediate and expert users like children.