Fidonet Portal

From: ivan (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 14.11.20 16:24
Re: EPM Spelling
From: "ivan" <ivanjt@free.fr>

Your problem might be using lexam.adl. I use several different
dictionaries from IBMWorks and have one user.dic because I found
lexam.adl didn't work with those.

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 04:16:10 UTC, "baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com"
<baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have long used Lexam with EPM. A few months ago, I got adventurous, and
decided to install multi-language support. My original Lexam did not seem to
support any other dictionaries at all,

> 1988/04/22 02:14:07 67584 lexam.dll
>
> so I downloaded from Hobbes and installed epm_dicts.zip.
>
> 1993/05/24 15:22:04 106991 OSLEXAM.DLL
>
> The newer DLL supports the many dictionaries well. Where it fails, is the
personal dictionary (LEXAM.ADL) seems to only partially function, which is an
enigma in itself. Also, the "Temp. Add" function does not work.

> I ultimately reverted to the old DLL, as the missing functionality was a
bigger hindrance than the missing foreign dictionaries. Does anyone know how
to get everything functioning?

--

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Dave Yeo (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Thu, 12.11.20 23:01
Re: EPM Spelling
From: Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com>

On 11/11/20 08:16 PM, baden.kudrenecky@gmail.com wrote:
> I have long used Lexam with EPM. A few months ago, I got adventurous, and
decided to install multi-language support. My original Lexam did not seem to
support any other dictionaries at all,

> 1988/04/22 02:14:07 67584 lexam.dll
>
> so I downloaded from Hobbes and installed epm_dicts.zip.
>
> 1993/05/24 15:22:04 106991 OSLEXAM.DLL
>
> The newer DLL supports the many dictionaries well. Where it fails, is the
personal dictionary (LEXAM.ADL) seems to only partially function, which is an
enigma in itself. Also, the "Temp. Add" function does not work.

> I ultimately reverted to the old DLL, as the missing functionality was a
bigger hindrance than the missing foreign dictionaries. Does anyone know how
to get everything functioning?

Wonder how other NLS versions did the spell checking or if they ever had
the option.
Dave
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2