Fidonet Portal

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Mon, 19.12.11 15:07
Bradley Manning
I find it ironic that some of the very people that would see Bradley Manning
imprisoned and charged with treason are also critical of the Obama
administration for not being transparent enough.

Which is it?

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Mon, 06.02.12 19:57
Re: Bradley Manning
BF> "Maj. Gen. Michael Linnington, the general convening authority for the
BF> district, made the determination that Manning will face all 22 charges
BF> leveled against him, include aiding the enemy..."

BF> "Aiding the enemy"?!?! What enemy?

Any 2-bit lawyer can get that dismissed ...

... in a proper court of law.

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 08.02.12 09:24
Re: Bradley Manning
Richard,

RW>BF> "Aiding the enemy"?!?! What enemy?

RW>WD> Any 2-bit lawyer can get that dismissed ...
RW> Right, but first he has to actually get a day in court on
RW> it. If the govt finds a way to lock him up in a place like
RW> Gitmo and declare him an "enemy combatant" he'll never get
RW> it.

Plus it's a military tribunal which often operates from the viewpoint of
"Guilty until proven otherwise" ... and that's not pointing to a certain
nationality. It's just the way the military operates.

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Mon, 27.02.12 22:46
Re: Bradley Manning
BF> NEWSFLASH!

BF> Bradley Manning nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

BF> Unfortunately I doubt that the Norwegians would dare to give it to
BF> him... Sad

Look at some of the other nominees ... I think he would stand-out among them.

Or Assange ...

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 28.02.12 09:26
Re: Bradley Manning
BF>WD> Look at some of the other nominees ... I think he would stand-out
BF>WD> among them.

BF> You caught that? Damn you, you are far to sharp for me. Smile

BF> Yes indeed, e.g. Bill Clinton isn't exactly one of the candidates that
BF> I would vote for. Smile

Same here.

Then again we don't really know who the nominees really are.

At one point I ran a successful campaign to get Leonard Peltier nominated, they
choose Wangari Maatthai which is fine with me, and discovered the Pope and
Hitler are nominated every year too.

Sometimes the Committee makes odd choices ... I never understood why they
picked Barack Obama. The prize is a life-achievement award ...

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)