Fidonet Portal

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12.73)
To: All
Date: Tue, 27.02.18 05:00
UUCP Over TCP/IP On OS/2
On 2018 Feb 26 19:46:50, you wrote to me:

ml>> "standard UUCP port"??? that would seem to be different than what you
ml>> about in the first place... if it is a different port, make sure it
ml>> is specified like we do when dialing other systems on non-standard
ml>> ports. then it is still wrapped in a telnet wrapper... hell, get the
ml>> code and it...

RW> Yes, port 540 I believe, which is what UUCPd listens on IIRC.

i'd maybe see about asking paul smedley if he might compile taylor uucp for
this... i don't believe the UUCICO that comes with waffle bbs can switch over
to TCP but maybe it can... that's the only UUCICO i've ever played with...
uncle google shows some stuff and mentions taylor uucp so i'd look in that
direction for code and compiling OS/2 binaries...

https://www.google.com/search?q=uucpd+uucpc+port

https://www.google.com/search?q=taylor+uucp+port

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it
wrong...
... It is easier to do many things than to do one for a long time.
---
* Origin: (1:3634/12.73)