Fidonet Portal

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Wed, 14.10.20 03:24
Fake bill
-=> On 10-13-20 12:01, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Trump the assasin <=-

DS> What it means is that attention need to be made
DS> to bad practices by some
DS> police officers, and the ability to correct those practices.

GD> I believe it is a means to punish for something that currently does
GD> not exist within that specific Police department.

It is impossible to deny that excessive force existed in Floyd's death.

GD> It is very ridiculous
GD> to suggest that this would be a means to de-fund a police department.

I have made no such suggestion. Read what I said.

GD> We can agree that kneeling on a neck is a bad practice, but what of
GD> the bad practices and choices made by African Americans who resist
GD> arrest and have been seen firing guns at Police.

DS> That should also be dealt with according to the law. Rioters can and
DS> should be arrested and prosecuted. Protestors should not be.

GD> OK, where is the line to be drawn?
GD> Is it when they set plastic garbage bins on fire.

A minor offense.

GD> Is it when they start breaking windows of businesses.
GD> Is it when they attack or barricade a police department.

Very major offenses.

GD> Is it when they fire off fireworks at police or policemen on horses.

Minor, and serious.

GD> Is it when they become a menace, as they block off city streets
GD> snarling up the smooth flow of traffic; hampering those working people
GD> who are trying to navigate to work.

They have the right to assemble and protest.

GD> Who goes into a store pays with fake money - that is stealing.

GD> Totally accurate, because it has been reported that this was not the
GD> first time that Floyd had done this; using counterfeit currency
GD> at the same location.

DS> PUSU -- I have not seen any such reporting from a reliable source.

GD> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd

GD> "A store employee called the police to report that Floyd had passed
GD> "fake bills", was "awfully drunk", and "not in control of himself". The
GD> interaction between Floyd and the employees was recorded by the
GD> restaurant's security camera."

That same article says "A counterfeit bill". In any case, the article
makes no implication that Floyd had passed a fake bill on any previous
occasion as you implied. I.e. You are wrong.

GD> This behavior has been seen many times where the accused try to
GD> restrict police from doing what is mandated by their training. This is
GD> done to evade from inappropriate choices that they have made.

If restraining a passive subject with a knee on the neck for more than
eight minutes is mandated by their training -- then that training is
flawed and needs to be altered. That is what the protests are about.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:36:06, 14 Oct 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Wed, 14.10.20 11:39
Re: Fake bill
DS> If restraining a passive subject with a knee on the neck for more than
DS> eight minutes is mandated by their training -- then that training is
DS> flawed and needs to be altered. That is what the protests are about.

That sounds so reasonable. But what did Target do?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 14:20
Re: Fake bill
On 14 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> GD> I believe it is a means to punish for something that currently does
DS> GD> not exist within that specific Police department.
DS>
DS> It is impossible to deny that excessive force existed in Floyd's death.

No it's not impossible because it has been accepted and known as Fact.
Even the President acknowledged this as such.

DS> GD> It is very ridiculous
DS> GD> to suggest that this would be a means to de-fund a police department.
DS>
DS> I have made no such suggestion. Read what I said.

None the less that has been offered as a ridiculous solution and I never
suggested that it was you that made this suggestion, did I?
Perhaps you should read what I have said.. First.

DS> GD> We can agree that kneeling on a neck is a bad practice, but what of
DS> GD> the bad practices and choices made by African Americans who resist
DS> GD> arrest and have been seen firing guns at Police.
DS>
DS> DS> That should also be dealt with according to the law. Rioters can and
DS> DS> should be arrested and prosecuted. Protestors should not be.
DS>
DS> GD> OK, where is the line to be drawn?
DS> GD> Is it when they set plastic garbage bins on fire.
DS>
DS> A minor offense.
It's a destruction of property, someone has to pay for it, and it never is
these people are held accountable for their actions. They are always given a
pass, because there are those who exist who are afraid of what 'these people'
may do next, I simply refuse to be a victim.

DS> GD> Is it when they start breaking windows of businesses.
DS> GD> Is it when they attack or barricade a police department.
DS>
DS> Very major offenses.
Which will and should require the immediate arrests, which creates more
aggressive tendencies by blacks as they continue to struggle with Police as
the attempt to make these arrests. This is the pattern that repeats more then
it does not.

DS> They have the right to assemble and protest.
ok just because there is the right to assemble and protest, the ability also
exists to put plans of action into place, instead of standing there [being a
victim and a menace to society] as they have been seen protesting in the middle
of street. Instead of protesting & littering been the case at nearly every
event. Do something positive w/ lasting change, do they? No of course not, they
would rather stand there to hoot & holler complete with megaphone at times
making a spectacle of themselves, as the crowd grows with volume it becomes
more volatile by the moment until it sparks.

DS> That same article says "A counterfeit bill". In any case, the article
DS> makes no implication that Floyd had passed a fake bill on any previous
DS> occasion.

If someone got away with the use of a counterfeit bill, why would they stop?

DS> GD> This behavior has been seen many times where the accused try to
DS> GD> restrict police from doing what is mandated by their training. This i
DS> GD> done to evade from inappropriate choices that they have made.
DS>
DS> If restraining a passive subject with a knee on the neck for more than
DS> eight minutes is mandated by their training -- then that training is
DS> flawed and needs to be altered. That is what the protests are about.

You're being coy as usual, you appear to have the desire to twist and take out
of context what I have said. I never suggested that using that a knee on the
neck is mandated or written within their operating manual or even within any
scope of their training.

BTW, these protests have stopped being about George Floyd a long time ago.
Instead of having a conversation how some (majority of; so it would seem) of
blacks making the wrong choices as they continue to operate on the
fringe of the law and sometimes doing things that are clearly criminal.
We need to start with having a conversation of holding a culture accountable
that creates this filth and ending the unnecessary chaos, when they are caught
doing so.

What I am saying and find it quite typical of these specific situations where
African-Americans have died by the hands of Police. It was a choice, to be
aggressive. Instead of "hands up, don't shoot" (which is typically the chant of
choice) and laying down on the ground, aggressive behavior seems to be method
of choice. This choice often leads to death.

No, I am not talking about or referring to the death of George Floyd that
never should of happened in the first place, but it never would have existed
if George Floyd choose to pay with 'real money' none of this would of
happened.

Rashard Brooks chose to not be arrested and to struggle with police.
He died in the process.

Michael Brown chose not to stand down, as he charged at a Police Officer.
He died in the process.

Unfortunately...
There are many stories just like this, the violence has to end.
Police did not start this war in the streets.
The problem is with ignorant and uneducated (so it would seem) w/ angry
black men.

. ______ ?????????Ŀ ????????Ŀ ???????Ŀ ?????????????????Ŀ

/ 00????00'-????00???00?٨???00??00?٨???00?00?٨????00????????00????

* Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Fri, 16.10.20 03:50
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-15-20 12:20, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-

DS> It is impossible to deny that excessive force existed in Floyd's death.

GD> No it's not impossible because it has been accepted and known as Fact.
GD> Even the President acknowledged this as such.

Your sentence contradicts itself. It is an accepted fact and therefore
it *IS* impossible to deny.

DS> They have the right to assemble and protest.

GD> ok just because there is the right to assemble and protest, the
GD> ability also exists to put plans of action into place, instead of
GD> standing there [being a victim and a menace to society] as they have
GD> been seen protesting in the middle
GD> of street. Instead of protesting & littering been the case at nearly
GD> every event. Do something positive w/ lasting change, do they? No
GD> of course not, they
GD> would rather stand there to hoot & holler complete with megaphone at
GD> times making a spectacle of themselves, as the crowd grows with volume
GD> it becomes more volatile by the moment until it sparks.

OK, make a suggestion as what positive thing they could do. They have
no direct power other than through their protests in an attempt to
convince those who are in power to take their concerns seriously.

DS> That same article says "A counterfeit bill". In any case, the article
DS> makes no implication that Floyd had passed a fake bill on any previous
DS> occasion.

GD> If someone got away with the use of a counterfeit bill, why would they
GD> stop?

You statement assumes facts not in evidence. Akin to being asked about
when did you stop beating your wife.

GD> This behavior has been seen many times where the accused try to
GD> restrict police from doing what is mandated by
GD> their training. This i
GD> done to evade from inappropriate choices that they have made.

DS> If restraining a passive subject with a knee on the neck for more than
DS> eight minutes is mandated by their training -- then that training is
DS> flawed and needs to be altered. That is what the protests are about.

GD> You're being coy as usual, you appear to have the desire to twist and
GD> take out of context what I have said. I never suggested that using that
GD> a knee on the neck is mandated or written within their operating manual
GD> or even within any scope of their training.

Not coy, just following your implication. In any case, that type of
behavior should be against their training and should be prosecuted.

GD> What I am saying and find it quite typical of these specific
GD> situations where African-Americans have died by the hands of Police. It
GD> was a choice, to be aggressive. Instead of "hands up, don't shoot"
GD> (which is typically the chant of
GD> choice) and laying down on the ground, aggressive behavior seems to be
GD> method of choice. This choice often leads to death.

George Floyd was not aggressive nor a threat. He was in handcuffs
immediately after the time he was pulled out of his car.

GD> No, I am not talking about or referring to the death of George Floyd
GD> that never should of happened in the first place, but it never would
GD> have existed if George Floyd choose to pay with 'real money' none of
GD> this would of happened.

Again, you are assuming facts not in evidence -- namely that Floyd
"chose" to pay with fake money. He deserves the benefit of the doubt
and presumption of innocence until convicted in a court of law.

GD> Rashard Brooks chose to not be arrested and to struggle with police.
GD> He died in the process.

He was shot in the back while running away. Again that is against what
should be police policy -- i.e. one uses deadly force only when there is
a threat to yourself or others.

GD> Michael Brown chose not to stand down, as he charged at a Police
GD> Officer. He died in the process.

Disputed. It also reported that he turned around and raised his hands.
The truth might lay somewhere in between.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:43:16, 16 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.10.20 10:57
Re: Fake bill
On 16 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> -=> On 10-15-20 12:20, Gregory Deyss <=-
DS> -=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-
DS>
DS> DS> It is impossible to deny that excessive force existed in Floyd's deat
DS>
DS> GD> No it's not impossible because it has been accepted and known as Fact
DS> GD> Even the President acknowledged this as such.
DS>
DS> Your sentence contradicts itself. It is an accepted fact and therefore
DS> it *IS* impossible to deny.

The opposite of impossible is possible, is it not.
Only you and people who think and act just the way you have would be
similar.

DS> OK, make a suggestion as what positive thing they could do. They have
DS> no direct power other than through their protests in an attempt to
DS> convince those who are in power to take their concerns seriously.

Be the face of lasting change within their community, join and seek others who
are tired of the bloodshed and violence.
Protesting might not be the best solution to provide positive change.
Many previous examples of what started out as a peaceful protest have been
triggered into full scale riots.

The spark that ignites the fire could be several things but it does appear to
have a common theme of which is misinformation.

I disagree with your Democrat sensibilities or view, that suggests that these
people have no direct power and that they have no choice to rely on a city
council of boobs, these people could not begin to know about the struggle.

DS> He was shot in the back while running away. Again that is against what
DS> should be police policy -- i.e. one uses deadly force only when there is
DS> a threat to yourself or others.

You might want to scrub up with your knowledge of the state of GA.
I think you will find that the use of a taser is known within the State
of GA as a deadly weapon. Where elsewhere within the U.S. it is not.
There needs to be a Federal standard of laws surrounding this to better
define what is and what is not a deadly weapon.

What if Rashard Brooks simply allowed himself to be arrested?
His time line would of continued into tomorrow, but instead it ended with his
death.

DS> GD> Michael Brown chose not to stand down, as he charged at a Police
DS> GD> Officer. He died in the process.
DS>
DS> Disputed. It also reported that he turned around and raised his hands.
DS> The truth might lay somewhere in between.

What if Michael Brown was not a bully and into criminal activity?
His life would of continued as well, instead it ended as well.

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 18.10.20 02:24
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-17-20 08:57, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-

GD> You might want to scrub up with your knowledge of the state of GA.
GD> I think you will find that the use of a taser is known within the
GD> State of GA as a deadly weapon. Where elsewhere within the U.S. it is
GD> not. There needs to be a Federal standard of laws surrounding this to
GD> better define what is and what is not a deadly weapon.

A taser "may" be a deadly weapon.

[quote]The Georgia Supreme Court has recognized that stun guns and Tasers may
be considered offensive weapons that are likely to result in serious
bodily injury, depending on how they're used (Harwell v. State, 512
S.E.2d 892 (Ga.[/quote]

Maybe you should look at the Georgia law more closely.

Note the phrase "depending on how they're used". In this particular
case, the taser was fired by Brooks wildly in the air, aimed at no one.
Hardly a threat. And then, he turned back around and continued running
*AWAY*. I.e. he was not a threat to anyone when shot in the back.

GD> What if Rashard Brooks simply allowed himself to be arrested?
GD> His time line would of continued into tomorrow, but instead it ended
GD> with his death.

Right -- blame the victim.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:31:33, 18 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sun, 18.10.20 10:55
Re: Fake bill
On 18 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> -=> On 10-17-20 08:57, Gregory Deyss <=-
DS> -=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-
DS>
DS> GD> You might want to scrub up with your knowledge of the state of GA.
DS> GD> I think you will find that the use of a taser is known within the
DS> GD> State of GA as a deadly weapon. Where elsewhere within the U.S. it is
DS> GD> not. There needs to be a Federal standard of laws surrounding this to
DS> GD> better define what is and what is not a deadly weapon.
DS>
DS> A taser "may" be a deadly weapon.
DS>
DS> [quote]The Georgia Supreme Court has recognized that stun guns and
DS> Tasers may be considered offensive weapons that are likely to result in
DS> serious bodily injury, depending on how they're used (Harwell v. State,
DS> 512 S.E.2d 892 (Ga.[/quote]

You want to quote this snip it, that's fine but it is irrelevant to the point
that your trying but failing miserably to make. The District Attorney has
declared as he recited Georgia Law that the use of Tasers may be a deadly
weapon.

His comments came about when Tasers where used on a group unruly college
guys, but you don't want to mention that because it does fit your narrative.

DS> Maybe you should look at the Georgia law more closely. DS>

DS> Note the phrase "depending on how they're used". In this particular
DS> case, the taser was fired by Brooks wildly in the air, aimed at no one.
DS> Hardly a threat. And then, he turned back around and continued running
DS> *AWAY*. I.e. he was not a threat to anyone when shot in the back.

Rashard had no business grabbing any device used by law enforcement.

The video shows these events differently, and not in the way that you are
speaking of them here.

I find your rush to judgment to blame the Police absurd.
Rashard is dead and yes it is very much his own fault.
The culture that created this type of thinking that suggests you can escape
responsibility by fleeing is not blameless either.

DS> GD> What if Rashard Brooks simply allowed himself to be arrested?
DS> GD> His time line would of continued into tomorrow, but instead it ended
DS> GD> with his death.
DS>
DS> Right -- blame the victim.

Choices become decisions which have consequences.
Just as elections do.

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 19.10.20 02:12
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-18-20 08:55, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-

GD> You might want to scrub up with your knowledge of the state of GA.
GD> I think you will find that the use of a taser is known within the
GD> State of GA as a deadly weapon. Where elsewhere

DS> A taser "may" be a deadly weapon.

DS> [quote]The Georgia Supreme Court has recognized that stun guns and
DS> Tasers may be considered offensive weapons that are likely to result in
DS> serious bodily injury, depending on how they're used (Harwell v. State,
DS> 512 S.E.2d 892 (Ga.[/quote]

GD> You want to quote this snip it, that's fine but it is irrelevant to
GD> the point that your trying but failing miserably to make. The District
GD> Attorney has declared as he recited Georgia Law that the use of Tasers
GD> may be a deadly weapon.

Two points you fail to realize.
A. The DA said "may" be a deadly weapon. Which is what I said. If you
want to win a debate, don't agree with the position of the other side.
B. GA Supreme Court trumps a DA anytime.

GD> His comments came about when Tasers where used on a group unruly
GD> college guys, but you don't want to mention that because it does fit
GD> your narrative.

Depends on how it was used. Sounds like what you are refering to was
police using tasers on protestors. If they shot them with tasers then
that may well have been considered a deadly weapon by the judge --
depending on all the factors.

DS> Maybe you should look at the Georgia law more closely.

DS> Note the phrase "depending on how they're used". In this particular
DS> case, the taser was fired by Brooks wildly in the air, aimed at no one.
DS> Hardly a threat. And then, he turned back around and continued running
DS> *AWAY*. I.e. he was not a threat to anyone when shot in the back.

GD> Rashard had no business grabbing any device used by law enforcement.

Not relevant to his being shot after he was running away -- other than
that it may well have made the officer angry and thus out to "get him"
as he declared.

GD> The video shows these events differently, and not in the way that you
GD> are speaking of them here.

The video shows exactly what I described. He was running away, he
turned around slightly and discharged the taser into the air. Then he
continued running. Then he was shot in the back -- no threat to anyone
at that time.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:21:20, 19 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Thu, 22.10.20 08:46
Re: Fake bill
On 19 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> -=> On 10-18-20 08:55, Gregory Deyss <=-
DS> -=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-
DS>
DS> GD> You might want to scrub up with your knowledge of the state of GA.
DS> GD> I think you will find that the use of a taser is known within the
DS> GD> State of GA as a deadly weapon. Where elsewhere

Where in other states elsewhere it is NOT classified as a deadly weapon.

DS> GD> You want to quote this snip it, that's fine but it is irrelevant to
DS> GD> the point that your trying but failing miserably to make. The Distri
DS> GD> Attorney has declared as he recited Georgia Law that the use of Taser
DS> GD> may be a deadly weapon.
DS>
DS> Two points you fail to realize.
DS> A. The DA said "may" be a deadly weapon. Which is what I said. If you
DS> want to win a debate, don't agree with the position of the other side.
DS> B. GA Supreme Court trumps a DA anytime.

As far as I was aware there is no consistence from the Supreme Court on this
issue or any he classification that is known for Tasers.

The Georgia DA can't have it both ways. Mandate the use of a taser as a deadly
weapon when it was used on a college group of guys by Police.
Then stating the opposite when such a device was used
(which was considered to be the unauthorized use) of a deadly weapon used by a
citizen against the Police.

The taser was not fired in he air as you have suggested, it was fired at
the officer(s) with intent.

As far as winning a Debate is concerned.
I'll be as honest and as truthful as I can be.

I appreciate our conversations, I really do. It is very true that we do not
agree about politics and we do not see a lot of things the same way, but we can
agree to disagree and even have robust discussions as to why.

Running a BBS has been my enjoyable hobby for many decades. The ability to
have a conversation in such a way via Fidonet is still very cool. Then I had
the chance to wear the NC hat for Net 267 which covers New York State, I was
as I continue to be thrilled and honored to hold such a position.

I'm not going to be apologetic for being a Trump supporter, and I have seen
everything that has been attempted by the left. Not only what has been done
before but what is currently being attempted and even being considered as in
right now. It's truly disgusting.

I am sure that I do not need to go into great detail to speak of these past
events. Nevertheless, I will provide a outline of these events.

The Mueller Report
Comprised of 13 democrats in the bag for Hillary and one man who has said to be
known as Mr.Integrity "Robert Mueller" (known as a Republican) a man who has
served his country with Valor, Dedication, and Distinction, I am respectful
to the man as I bow my head to the man for his service to his country.
However, what he attempted to do to Mr.Trump is shameful and rally against it
wholeheartedly.

What was attempted to Mr.Trump was disgusting as it was distasteful to the
extreme. The Russian Dossier was a lie, plan and simple. There was never any
truth to it. Mr.Trump and his administration cooperated in every which way
that was possible.
Of which put the county through 600 plus days of hell and torment.
Why? because Hillary and the democrats had sour grapes over an election.
After Mr.Muller was unable to deliver the punch that many on the left was
hoping would be imminent.
What they got instead was that feeling of failure which is that type of
discomfort known as a lump in the throat that is known to exist when your
unsuccessful.
It was because of this an impeachment committee was formed then the hearings,
then an actual impeachment of the President, this also failed to deliver.

I continue to see the same seething hatred from the left from the likes of
Adam Schiff. Nancy Pelosi is vile beyond words.
From ripping up the speech at the end of the State of the Union to her daily
criticism of the President.

DS> Depends on how it was used. Sounds like what you are refering to was
DS> police using tasers on protestors.

I recall no such event in the State of Georgia where Police used Tasers on
protesters.

DS> Maybe you should look at the Georgia law more closely.
DS> Note the phrase "depending on how they're used". In this particular
DS> case, the taser was fired by Brooks wildly in the air, aimed at no one
DS> Hardly a threat. And then, he turned back around and continued runnin
DS> *AWAY*. I.e. he was not a threat to anyone when shot in the back.

The events that led up to his death were all decisions made by Rashard.
He choose to drive to Wendy's while intoxicated.
He choose to fall asleep while in the Wendy's drive through.
He choose to ignore police direction to wake up and move the car - twice.
He choose not to be arrested for suspected DWI or DWAI.
You don't get to choose to be arrested.
What happened next was carnage and it led to the death of Rashard.

Why was this Wendy's burned to the ground?
They were an innocent business within the community.

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 03:03
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-22-20 06:46, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-

DS> Two points you fail to realize.
DS> A. The DA said "may" be a deadly weapon. Which is what I said. If you
DS> want to win a debate, don't agree with the position of the other side.
DS> B. GA Supreme Court trumps a DA anytime.

GD> As far as I was aware there is no consistence from the Supreme Court
GD> on this issue or any he classification that is known for Tasers.

The GA SC ruling I quoted is consistent.

GD> The Georgia DA can't have it both ways. Mandate the use of a taser as
GD> a deadly weapon when it was used on a college group of guys by Police.
GD> Then stating the opposite when such a device was used
GD> (which was considered to be the unauthorized use) of a deadly weapon
GD> used by a citizen against the Police.

As the ruling said -- it depends on how it was used.

GD> The taser was not fired in he air as you have suggested, it was fired
GD> at the officer(s) with intent.

Look at the video again. He turned and with one hand fired it without
aim. It went higher than the top of the car that the officer was next
to. Intent would be a stretch given the observered facts.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:13:33, 23 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 11:42
Re: Fake bill
On 23 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> Look at the video again. He turned and with one hand fired it without
DS> aim. It went higher than the top of the car that the officer was next
DS> to. Intent would be a stretch given the observered facts.

You're quick to judge those actions taken by the Police, but you will not
mention anything that resembles the lack of responsibility of Rashard Brooks.

It's as if you want to ignore the facts on purpose.
(Which is also why these conversations can get heated at times.Wink

Perhaps if more American's were to question poor choices made by Angry Black
Men and to actually analyze as to why this kind of thing happens repeatably.
Why do so many come black men come from broken homes with no Father's within
their lives? Of which could very well be the missing & necessary element to
the family that would set the proper course and provide the guidance to be a
good man.

Instead of being raised in part by a poisoned culture that corrupts & leads to
untimely death.

You can delete and or choose not to comment on my previous statements, but
I believe it makes you appear weak and cowardly when you can't or haven't
responded to valid points of which were clear and show undeniably that the
Rashard Brooks was completely wrong.

These facts are not in dispute.
He choose to be intoxicated and then drive a motor vehicle.
He choose to fall asleep in the Drive-threw at a Wendy's.
He choose to ignore police instruction (twice) to move the vehicle.
He choose to be like Joe Biden & not remember where he was, when questioned.
He choose to not be arrested. As I said before, you don't get to choose.

Then people who were led by the same poisoned culture choose to burn down an
innocent business in the community.

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.10.20 03:46
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-23-20 09:42, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-

DS> Look at the video again. He turned and with one hand fired it without
DS> aim. It went higher than the top of the car that the officer was next
DS> to. Intent would be a stretch given the observered facts.

GD> You're quick to judge those actions taken by the Police, but you will
GD> not mention anything that resembles the lack of responsibility of
GD> Rashard Brooks.

I speak to the actions taken by police when those actions are against
proper procedure.

GD> It's as if you want to ignore the facts on purpose.
GD> (Which is also why these conversations can get heated at times.Wink

I do not ignore any facts. I try to correct the wrong statements
masquerading as facts when made by others.

GD> Perhaps if more American's were to question poor choices made by Angry
GD> Black Men and to actually analyze as to why this kind of thing happens
GD> repeatably. Why do so many come black men come from broken homes with
GD> no Father's within their lives? Of which could very well be the missing
GD> & necessary element to the family that would set the proper course and
GD> provide the guidance to be a good man.

That is a very valid area of study, and one that is complicated and
based on many facts not available to me nor much of the public. It is
something that some people are trying to overcome -- but it is a
difficult situation.

GD> You can delete and or choose not to comment on my previous statements,

I deleted and/or choose not to comment on things which had no real error
in facts.

GD> but I believe it makes you appear weak and cowardly when you can't or
GD> haven't responded to valid points of which were clear and show
GD> undeniably that the Rashard Brooks was completely wrong.

No matter how wrong he was, nor what errors he made, he did not deserve
to be shot down without justification.

GD> These facts are not in dispute.
GD> He choose to be intoxicated and then drive a motor vehicle.
GD> He choose to fall asleep in the Drive-threw at a Wendy's.
GD> He choose to ignore police instruction (twice) to move the vehicle.

No dispute.

GD> He choose to be like Joe Biden & not remember where he was, when
GD> questioned.

That is a gratuitous comment with no bearing on the discussion.

GD> He choose to not be arrested. As I said before, you don't
GD> get to choose.
GD> Then people who were led by the same poisoned culture choose to burn
GD> down an innocent business in the community.

And has been said before -- those people are criminals who deserve to be
caught, and punished.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:26:02, 24 Oct 2020

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Thu, 29.10.20 02:31
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-28-20 11:40, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Fake bill <=-

GD> On 24 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> I speak to the actions taken by police when those actions are against
DS> proper procedure.

GD> You're forgetting that a taser was taken and fired at the officer.
GD> (You have attempted to suggest it was fired up in the air) nonetheless

Not a suggestion -- a direct observation from watching the video.

GD> an authorized use of what the Georgia DA has defined as a deadly weapon
GD> was used.

I don't see how that use could be considered as a deadly weapon as used
since it went no where near the officer, and was not in play when the
officer shot and killed him.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:36:45, 29 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Fri, 30.10.20 10:48
Re: Fake bill
DS> GD> You're forgetting that a taser was taken and fired at the officer.
DS> GD> (You have attempted to suggest it was fired up in the air) nonetheles
DS>
DS> Not a suggestion -- a direct observation from watching the video.
Not true at all, the video does not show the taser being fired in the air above
the officers. Stop and think for a moment, what would be the motivation of
stealing such a device of which was unauthorized if that was not bad enough.
Then your going to fire it up in the air to where it is ineffective?

DS> GD> an authorized use of what the Georgia DA has defined as a deadly weap
DS> GD> was used.
DS>
DS> I don't see how that use could be considered as a deadly weapon as used
DS> since it went no where near the officer, and was not in play when the
DS> officer shot and killed him.

How about standing with the rule of law that suggests that the police should
not be attacked when someone is arrested.

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sat, 31.10.20 01:53
Re: Fake bill
-=> On 10-30-20 09:48, Gregory Deyss <=-
-=> spoke to Dale Shipp about Re: Fake bill <=-

DS> GD> You're forgetting that a taser was taken and fired at the officer.
DS> GD> (You have attempted to suggest it was fired up in
DS> GD> the air) nonetheles
DS>
DS> Not a suggestion -- a direct observation from watching the video.

GD> Not true at all, the video does not show the taser being
GD> fired in the air above

I don't know where you are getting your information, but take the time
to look at the video, link and tiny posted below. The relevant time is
at about 1:12 to 1:15.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rayshard+brooks+taser+video&docid=607999900
133886188&mid=68A5F862B470EEF40CE868A5F862B470EEF40CE8&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

https://tinyurl.com/taserfire

GD> the officers. Stop and think for a moment, what would be the
GD> motivation of stealing such a device of which was unauthorized if that
GD> was not bad enough. Then your going to fire it up in the air to where
GD> it is ineffective?

I think it was grabbed to prevent himself from being tasered, not with any
intent to cause deadly force. If you were being attacked with a weapon,
would you not grab it away and then perhaps try to flee?

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:58:09, 31 Oct 2020

From: Gregory Deyss (1:267/150)
To: All
Date: Sun, 01.11.20 08:38
Re: Fake bill
On 31 Oct 2020, Dale Shipp said the following...

DS> I don't know where you are getting your information, but take the time
DS> to look at the video, link and tiny posted below. The relevant time is
DS> at about 1:12 to 1:15.
DS>
DS> https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rayshard+brooks+taser+video&docid=607
DS> 0133886188&mid=68A5F862B470EEF40CE868A5F862B470EEF40CE8&view=detail&FORM=V
DS>
DS> https://tinyurl.com/taserfire

I did look at your video and I will say that are multiple recordings
of video from multiple cameras.
The video cam from the Wendy's shows the most information, which may be why it
was burned down to the ground.

CNN was even attacked when recording the damage that the building took.
One of the rioters even broke one of their cameras.
https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1272001169188159488

There is video from cell phone cameras and police body cam.

There area several lessons to be learned here.
Don't drink and drive.
Don't resist arrest.

From: TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Sat, 07.11.20 15:12
Re: Fake bill
On 10-30-20, GREGORY DEYSS said to DALE SHIPP:

GD>How about standing with the rule of law that suggests that the police
GD>should not be attacked when someone is arrested.

~Rule of law' is not a leftist democrat strong suit. In fact, it is not even
on their list of things to do. The last couple of months in major `democrat'
cities and states around the country bear witness to democrats' adherance to
the `rule of law' they regularly spout at news conferences, in front of
microphones.

Tagline;

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to put a Biden-Harris
sign in your front yard and remove all doubt!"

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
* Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)