Fidonet Portal

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.10.20 03:16
Table
-=> On 10-22-20 17:47, Alan Ianson <=-
-=> spoke to Aaron Thomas about Re: I believe I am qualif <=-

AI> Trump really needs a plan. He could simply table it, if he had one.

Careful with the word table. It has a totally different meaning in
American-speak than it does in British-speak (and by derivation it would
seem in Canadian-speak). As the term is used in the USA, it means to
put the item into the table, possibly to be considered later if at all.
I.e. that is what Mitch does with most bills from the House. As the
term is used in Britian,etc. It means to put the item onto the table
for discussion.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:23:56, 23 Oct 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)