Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.10.20 16:03
Re: Fascism defined
>> Thats why I'm always puzzled why Al keeps bringing up right-wing extremism

Extremism is a problem. It doesn't matter if it is left or right.

>> because really I dont't see any.... I try to "educate myself" as he suggests
>>but just can't find any news about a right-wing racist rally anywhere that is
>> apparently far more violent and dangerous than left-wing extremism.

Right wing extremism has been and continues to be a bigger problem than left
wing extremism. I'm not bringing up something new here. That is a well known
fact.

Never the less, extremism is a problem that we can all see today.

> both happened in places where both sides were facing off and everyone should
> have known to expect trouble.

It's OK to be left or right, democrat or republican. We can have a discussion
and even a debate and at the end of the day we can agree to disagree. When
folks bring a gun with the idea of violence to force their ideals on others
then we are going to have a problem.

> They also involved the actions of a single person (with a car and a gun,
> respectively) and not the group.

A single person!?

> Last night, there was rioting and looting again in Portland. Not anything to
> do with any current happenings but because it was the night before Columbus
> Day. That was more Antifa/the group that doesn't exist/the Al-Lee Youths
> violen... sorry, "peaceful protests."

Something about stolen land. I don't know what land they speak of or who has
supposed to have stolen it. This situation predates and has nothing to do with
the current problems around civil rights or election fraud/theft that are
looming.

> I don't see most of that as being "extreme"

Right. My mistake. There is no extremism.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Wed, 14.10.20 11:19
Re: Fascism defined
LL> With a majority Senate, majority House, and rubber stamp USSC,
LL> he would be a dictator. Not a president of any kind.

I'd call that "Our time to shine." It would be short lived, but it would help
with things that matter to us.

The Dems would use some hilarious sex assault story to get back in power.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 13:06
Re: Fascism defined
LL> Nobody believed the crazy sex assault story that gal came up
LL> with about Biden sniffing her hair. And you know what that means.
LL> Biden definitely passed the sniff test.

Joe Biden's sexual sniff victim was a Democrat state assemblywoman. I believe
her. She looks like a lady who takes good care of her hair, and she doesn't
want some rapey ex VP treating her like she's a staff assistant.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 14:02
Re: Fascism defined
> Fascism means "weakened democracy". In my view, that makes Trump
> a proto-fascist. He tries to get away with whatever he can get away
> with regardless if it is constitutional or not. He has not ever
> been held accountable for his actions by any member of his party

> With a majority Senate, majority House, and rubber stamp USSC,
> he would be a dictator. Not a president of any kind.

By that definition, Hillary Clinton, Joe and Hunter Biden, and, to a lesser
extent, Bill Clinton, and Obama could all be considered proto-fascists.

> He has weakened our institutions by his actions.

How so?

> Torn down our alliances with other countries...

I cannot think of a single, equal-benefit alliance that he has town down. I
can think of some not-so-equal-benefit alliances that have suffered. They have
suffered because the countries in question do not like the idea of being an
equal partner. They like receiving benefit from us while providing nothing in
return.

I believe we are right to remove ourselves from any alliances which are not
mutually-beneficial. Several of these alliances dated back to the end of WWII
and the Cold War. They may have been good ideas then, but they no longer make
financial or strategical sense for us to continue with them as they are. I
would much prefer that we, in turn, put the monies wasted on such alliances
towards some of our pressing domestic issues:

-- our homeless and mentally ill
-- keeping our own citizens gainfully employed
-- securing our borders AND our IT infrastructure to prevent any foreign
intrusion/interference in our internal affairs
-- to strengthen our internal, physical infrastructure
-- better training for our police officers, social workers, and other civil
servants
-- more affordable healthcare that is not dependent on gimmicks like the health
care mandate

Previous administrations have either ignored these issues, or funded them by
removing money from other programs (or our own pockets). If they instead kept
the money inside the US, over time we could afford to fund programs like these
for our OWN CITIZENS instead of those in other countries. There are social
programs that many of us would find acceptable if we knew the money was coming
from such savings.

The "alliances" I have noticed suffering the most lately are "alliances" with
China and Iran. China is NO ONE'S ally except their own, and neither is Iran.
Throwing money into their economies allows them to continue to deny basic human
rights to their own citizens.

> ... to the benefit of our adversaries.

Which adversaries? China? Iran? I don't see them benefiting, unlike under
the last administration (Iran) and the past several administrations (China).

The internal extreme left? They are benefiting lately, but not from Trump's
policies.

I know, you mean Russia, but I don't really see them benefiting from anything
that cannot be fixed (see my wish list above). I do know they were benefiting
from a deal or two that was made by the SoS in a previous administration...

> Failed to object or reprimand leaders who order hits on military
> serving in Agfhanistan. The list can go on ...

No, he seems to want to pull us out of places like Afghanistan, which is
something that a previous administration promised to do but never followed
through on. He seems to be doing so, and that indeed used to be something the
US left wanted to happen, until it was Trump that started the wheels moving on
it.

I believe any obtainable objectives there have long since been met, and staying
any longer is a waste of time, money, and American lives. Time to get out and
save all three. I believe that Trump is the only candidate running that can,
and likely will, get that done.

#
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Fri, 16.10.20 02:58
Re: Fascism defined
-=> On 10-15-20 12:02, Mike Powell <=-
-=> spoke to Lee Lofaso about Re: Fascism defined <=-

MP> put the monies wasted on such alliances towards some of our pressing
MP> domestic issues:

MP> -- our homeless and mentally ill

Good idea -- what has Trump done in his term on this?

MP> -- keeping our own citizens gainfully employed

Good idea -- what has Trump done in his term on this?

MP> -- securing our borders AND our IT infrastructure to prevent any
MP> foreign intrusion/interference in our internal affairs

Good idea -- what has Trump done in his term on this?

MP> -- to strengthen our internal, physical infrastructure

Good idea -- what has Trump done in his term on this?

MP> -- better training for our police officers, social workers, and other
MP> civil servants

Good idea -- what has Trump done in his term on this?

MP> -- more affordable healthcare that is not dependent on
MP> gimmicks like the health care mandate

Good idea -- what has Trump done in his term on this?

> ... to the benefit of our adversaries.

MP> Which adversaries? China? Iran? I don't see them benefiting, unlike
MP> under the last administration (Iran) and the past several
MP> administrations (China).

Iran has benefitted in the sense that they are now developing nuclear
weapons as a direct result of Trump's policy.

MP> I know, you mean Russia, but I don't really see them benefiting from

Russia and North Korea have been adversaries for as long as I can
recall, and they still are. Trump has done nothing but encourage
Russia, and has been duped by North Korea.

MP> No, he seems to want to pull us out of places like Afghanistan, which

Then why hasn't he done it?

MP> I believe any obtainable objectives there have long since
MP> been met, and staying
MP> any longer is a waste of time, money, and American lives. Time to get
MP> out and save all three.

You are not alone in that belief.

MP> I believe that Trump is the only candidate
MP> running that can, and likely will, get that done.

If he has not done so by now, why do you think that he will get it done
if given four more years?

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:06:23, 16 Oct 2020
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.10.20 10:59
Re: Fascism defined
LL> The lawyers she had tried to hire to help her present her case
LL> walked out on her, as she had no case.

Are you talking about the woman that Joe Biden sexually assaulted or the woman
he sniffed?

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sun, 18.10.20 01:12
Re: Fascism defined
LL> Joe Biden publicly challenged an accuser to step forward
LL> and present her case. She chose to remain silent. Why? Because
LL> she had no case.

Aren't you the guy who likes the phrase "A Woman Has The Right To Choose?"

Tara Reade has a family. She probably doesn't want some scumbag lawyer,
working for the Bidens, to talk to her like she's garbage in court. Or, maybe
the flashbacks from the incident make her feel sick and she wasn't want to
remice about being fisted by an old man with a nail fungus. Or, maybe she had
some maniacs from Biden's campaign sent to her house to threaten her. I hope
not that. Poor Tara Reade. We should all rally in her support right now.

Not all sexual assault victims are willing to testify in court but thankfully
Tara Reade gave us all the courage to speak up against rapey government
members. Don't be scared of those Biden staffers! I'm calling those guys next
time I get arrested. I'll vote for Biden's re-election if he bails me out too.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.10.20 14:34
Re: Fascism defined
LL>> Joe Biden publicly challenged an accuser to step forward LL>> and present
her case. She chose to remain silent. Why? Because LL>> she had no case.

AT> Aren't you the guy who likes the phrase "A Woman Has The Right To
AT> Choose?"

AT> Tara Reade has a family. She probably doesn't want some scumbag
AT> lawyer,
AT> working for the Bidens, to talk to her like she's garbage in court.
AT> Or, maybe
AT> the flashbacks from the incident make her feel sick and she wasn't
AT> want to
AT> remice about being fisted by an old man with a nail fungus. Or, maybe
AT> she had
AT> some maniacs from Biden's campaign sent to her house to threaten her.
AT> I hope
AT> not that. Poor Tara Reade. We should all rally in her support right
AT> now.

AT> Not all sexual assault victims are willing to testify in court but
AT> thankfully
AT> Tara Reade gave us all the courage to speak up against rapey
AT> government
AT> members. Don't be scared of those Biden staffers! I'm calling those
AT> guys next
AT> time I get arrested. I'll vote for Biden's re-election if he bails me
AT> out too.

I guess it's better to do it the Trump way to just have someone else pay off
the hooker, pornstar or whoever he (tried) to nail (or urinate on) this week
and hope the problem goes away.

--- NiKom v2.5.0
* Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (2:221/242.0)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.10.20 14:18
Re: Fascism defined
JM> I guess it's better to do it the Trump way to just have someone else pay of
JM> the hooker, pornstar or whoever he (tried) to nail (or urinate on) this wee
JM> and hope the problem goes away.

Paying a hooker for sex and for shutting the trap (Trump) is better than
sexually assaulting a staffer (Joe Biden.Wink

--- Renegade vY2Ka2