Fidonet Portal

From: Mike Powell (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 13:27
Peaceful Protesters attac
>The group, which seems oddly similar to nearly every other "anarchist" or
"anti
>fascist" Portland organization, released a vague mission statement -- "We
stand
>to decolonize ourselves and decolonize society by working to abolish colonial
>stems rooted in racism and build a community rooted in liberation"
>-- and called for the abolition of law enforcement, prisons, and capitalism.

> End quote. This is not left wing. It is extremism and it is a problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issues_in_anarchism

"Anarchism is often considered a far-left ideology and much of its economics
and legal philosophy reflect anti-authoritarian interpretations of communism,
collectivism, syndicalism, mutualism, or participatory economics."

Anarchism is left wing, so it is left-wing extremism, just like nearly
every other "non-violent but really is" protest that has been going on this
year. There are some folks who are there protesting police brutality or
some other social justice cause that makes sense to a lot of liberal
thinkers, but the ones using that as an opportunity to cause trouble are not.
For them, tearing down statues is symbolism for tearing down society as a
whole.

The only way to fix the issues they supposedly want fixed is to master time
travel. I say that sarcastically a LOT but it really applies here. I was
taught in school that some of the things that lead us to the benefits we
experience now as a society were things that were not good at the time they
happened. The lesson is not to repeat them... you cannot go back in time
and undo them.

Well, master time travel or accept anarchy. Anarchy is on the left side of
the spectrum. I get the impression neither of us want to accept anarchy.

Sometimes people need to grow up, accept things by learning not to repeat
them, and move on. Throwing a tantrum instead of growing up seems to be
the default path of younger folks these days.

>It was an indiginous day of rage. I don't know what this indiginous rage is
all
>about but this is a different situation from the current unrest around civil
ri
>hts and police brutality.

No it really isn't and, even if it was, that doesn't make the actions right
for one group and not for the other. They are not right, period.

> Right wing extremism is the greatest terror threat.

Just because politico or DHS or you have said it is true does not make it so.
Provide examples of similar destruction beyond an individual scale in 2020.

* SLMR 2.1a * Uncontained entropy experiment gone crazy.......maybe.
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)